Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Server Client Fail - Connection to server lost...

World
    Sandycove
    I don't believe the problem is broadband, because all my other games (some of them web-based) have no problem at all staying connected.

I've had a similar problem sometimes with Settlers 7 - I think it needs a certain port open, or maybe the connection to the ubi servers just isn't very stable.

World
    Sandycove
    Wel, I don't know what you guys did for the past 24 hours, but it worked. I was able to connect and stay that way for several hours this morning, as well as a short time tonight before the Scheduled Maintenance.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i cannot play the game, it keeps resetting, losing connection to the server. i have been on 3 different internet providers already, 2 countries, 2 browsers (ie and firefox), deleted the history and cache and still i have the same problem. every 20 seconds it disconnects. 2 minutes is actually a lot!
    If these problems go on i will abandon the game!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    i cannot play the game, it keeps resetting, losing connection to the server. i have been on 3 different internet providers already, 2 countries, 2 browsers (ie and firefox), deleted the history and cache and still i have the same problem. every 20 seconds it disconnects. 2 minutes is actually a lot!
    If these problems go on i will abandon the game!
    The server connection is very sensative to any fluctuations in the signal.

Secure wireless connection can cause that. It's always trying to check the line is secure and takes you offline.

Another one I have found, is setting your connection to auto-detect proxy settings. Again, this has the effect of the connection keeps on testing the proxy setting and takes you offline. Set proxy to none.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I dont use wireless or proxy. And like every 5 minute i got 'server call failed' - [please click OK to refress your client]
    Any solution to this?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    If you are using Firefox, use Profile Manager to set up a clean profile with no add-ons. This solved it for me and I am using a crappy wireless connection on a laptop outside.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you XelaW. Solved my disconnection problem also.....at last.
    Making a new thread to advise others.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm using firefox, i have the same problem.. but where can i find the profile manager? so i can set up a clean profile? i really wanna play now hehe

World
    Sandycove
    I've no idea where (or what) the profile manager in firefox is. You can however, use the "Firefox"-button in the top-left corner, op sub-menu help and choose the option "Restart firefox with disabled addons", that way you can at least test if playing with no add-ons solves your problem.

Reply to Thread