Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading confirmation

World
    Northisle

Trading confirmation

I don't understand one thing. If someone offers a trade and I send him/her a Trade Request, then he/she is required to accept or decline the trade. Why? Why is he/she allowed to accept or decline a trade? I would expect that when someone offers a trade, the trade is offered because he/she wants to trade, not to not trade. And when someone responds an offer, it shoud be accepted automatically.

Another strange thing with trading: I must wait until the one, who offers a trade, accepts or declines my Trade Request. Meanwhile my goods is blocked and if offerer doesn't accept or decline the trade, I can't access my goods blocked by the trade. I would like to cancel my Trade Request if offerer doesn't respond it for some time.

Is it possible to change trading in this way? Or at least add possibility of Trade Request cancelling? Thanks.
    Jedna dva tři čtyři pět, prase leze na kaštan.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, the answer to your 1st question is, until trades can be cancelled, anybody can try to take it, so the option is there for them to decline subsequent offers.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Aanother question on trading, if i trade but the other person does not accept the goods are in limbo. What happens if the other player never plays the game again to accept or decline ? Do i get my goods back or are they in limbo forever ?

Cheers.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    They will be returned to you if the person didn't accept it for x hours. i can't remember how long it was.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    It would be nice if you would like to rethink and rebuild if possible trade system as it seem to have multiple flaws,

Example 1 :
    Person A - offers 100 wood.
    Person B - need wood and accepted this.
    Person A - went sleep or whatever.
    Person B - meanwhile created 500 wood with his own buildings.
    Person A - just awake and accepted trade.
    Person B - have now 500 own wood, + 100 wood he dont need anymore + he lost what he offered in exchange...
    Comment : Person A decided to trade because he need resource At current moment.
    It is obvious that "later" (when other party allready awake and accept) he will not need it because he simply create it by himself.

Example 2 :
    Person A - offers 100 wood.
    Someone accept it and Person A accept too. Trade is finished (So person A dont want anymore to offer this 100 wood)
    Person A - Delete his offer from trade chat interface.
    Person A - After 2 hours, still receive mails from many people to trade this 100 wood, and must cancel it as he no more offer this 100 wood.
    Comment : If one offer something one time, he will be stalked with many mails which need to be canceled even if he delete offer from chat interface.

Additionally, because of the way it works - it may favor and help hiding possible trade hacks if any,
    (charging resource from a player then keeping it out-of-sight, long enough without any trace and control
    (not canceled nor accepted by other party), make this player not only lose interest in this trade
    (because meanwhile he create this resource by himself) but even completly forget about this trade
    and resource which was charged from him, which may let "steal" it with possible trade-hack, without being noticed,
    that this resource was never returned to him.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 14.02.12 at 05:12.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Trade must be modified.
    Example
    Player X offer 400 eggs for 400 coins.
    Many people take offer but player X dont accept or decline.
    Meanwhile he/she still trade and use situation where other people dont have coins (because they are blocked by trade)
    For this reason, i think that player, who accept a trade, must have option for canceling.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Acikus View Post
    Trade must be modified.
    Example
    Player X offer 400 eggs for 400 coins.
    Many people take offer but player X dont accept or decline.
    Meanwhile he/she still trade and use situation where other people dont have coins (because they are blocked by trade)
    For this reason, i think that player, who accept a trade, must have option for canceling.
    2 remarks here:
    1: If the trade looks to good to be true... it is to good to be true. knowing the game mechanics you chose to take a risk
    2: If that player is online and keeps trading but no responce on /w then personally i would report the player for trying to cheat.
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    well you can use the flaws to your advantage too

I make a lot of beer.

Mostly it goes for around 18 per stack

sometimes, not a lot is being sold, and I can put it up for 20 a stack.

A lot of people reply, but say, right at that moment, I only have 1 stack to really sell.

I can then keep the valuable offers in my inbox, have my breweries produce the needed beer to accept the offers overtime, and make maximum profit.

This way you don't need to sell your stuff too low when people are undercutting in the crowded hours.

Does this suck for the people that obviously wanted their beer NOW, and thats why they paid more than usual?

Yes it does, and thats why you try to avoid these situations.

But if you want, you can use the crippled trade system to your advantage, thats what I am trying to say.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    @ Lordbaldrick
    hmm maybe but try that a couple of times and you will end up on my personal blacklist
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    :-)) I know, I know...

But to be honest, I never really check who I am buying what from, and which offers come in late. And I doubt a lot of others do.
    And I am a trusting person; I always assume the person replying late went to bed, or fell asleep replanting wheatfields or digging wells...

Reply to Thread