Reply to Thread

Thread: Question regarding geologist and discovery of resources

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Question regarding geologist and discovery of resources

Hello all

I am hoping someone can help me answer a few questions.

The scenario in question is as follows. I have gotten a marble quarry in sector one and built a marble mason adjacent to it. In the mean time i have acquired sector 5, when the marble quarry runs of of resources i will have to send my geologist to discover a new source. My question is this, will my geologist potentially discover a marble quarry in sector 5 rather than sector one where i have already built a marble mason?

If the new marble resource is discovered at random in the availible sectors then i would have to build marble mason close to every possible location where my geologist might discover the next marble resource.

This would also mean that upgrading my marble mason might be inefficient should the next marble resource be discovered in sector 5 rather than sector 1.

Can anyone describe the mechanics behind resource discovery? i hope it is not random because that would make upgrading your masons a roll of the die..

Thanks in advance..

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Keep in mind that im low level at the moment so im limited in the number of marble quarries availible, hence the problem if discovery is random

World
    Northisle
    You can also convert stone to marble in the provision house.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    thank you, but that doesn't answer my question in any way

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are 2 sources of Marble in zone 1, but you can only use 1 at the time. Zone 5 has 2 - and it lets you use both (The others are 2 marble in zone 3, and 5 in zone 8).

The geologist will keep finding the same deposits, so building a mason is not wasted. As you progress, you will probably find that you need 2 or more masons at each marble deposit. You might have a lot of stone masons in the beginning, and whether these are upgraded or not - it will (with time) make sense to get rid of these and transfer over to marble production.

If your geologist has gone out and 'found' the 2 deposits in zone 5 - send him out a 3rd time and he will rediscover 1 of the deposits in zone 1 that is close to your existing (?) marble-mason.

Hope that answers your question:-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    thats perfect.. thank you

Reply to Thread