Reply to Thread

Thread: A ban from chat is not a trophy or medal

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

A ban from chat is not a trophy or medal

I'm probably going to upset a few people posting this but here goes ....

I've played this game for nearly two months now and love it! However there is one small aspect of the game which spoils the enjoyment for myself (and others).

There seems to be a group of players for whom provoking the moderators and BB's and getting themselves banned, is an actively sort out part of gameplay. Having served their ban they then rejoin the game and gloat about the number of times they have been banned and the length of the ban imposed. Basically they appear to play the game to cause disruption. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the MOD's and BB's, they are here to help us, and remember the MOD's are volunteers, normal players who don't get paid for their time and patience.

In some cases a ban does not appear to work so my suggestion is that where deemed appropriate, some minor disaster should fall upon the offending players island;

A building may be damaged or destroyed by fire.
    A mystery illness might descend on the kingdom reducing all production by 50% for a period of time.

The list of possiblities is only limited by the imagination of the developers and mechanics of the game.

If a ban doesn't work maybe hitting their gameplay will make them respect the rules and everyone else that is playing the game.

World
    Newfoundland
    lol ... i love that idea, would make them think twice XD

World
    Newfoundland
    good idear but will make game play numbers drop alot

World
    Newfoundland
    How would it make game play numbers drop,surely its a simple case of sticking to the chat rules.

World
    Northisle
    It would be very apt if a Troll would visit the island, eat a few residents and wreck a few buildings

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    These kind of ppl dont add anything to the game or the community anyway, i cant imagine them putting any suggestions or feedback on the forum.
    They are probarbly bored by the game style and to seek more attention and stimulantia they provoke ppl in the chat.
    Most likely WoW style players who has gotten used to feel like uber heroes and having lvl progress every 5 mins.
    Ban them once for a week or so, repeat offenders ban them forvever.

Reply to Thread