Reply to Thread

Thread: Building Permits restock?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Building Permits restock?

This is probably in here somewhere already, but if it is I can't find it.

I understand there has to be a limit on the number of buildings and Building Permits provides that. I also understand you need to have something you can sell to us (through the Star system) in order to make money. However I don't like the fact you don't get the permits back when you tear down an expired or badly-placed building. Fine, have them to control the maximum, but I think they should restock when you remove buildings. Maybe slowly, say 1 per day or something, but they should come back until they reach your maximum (same as the Settlers do).

For example, I'm nearly stuck already. My forces got kicked (found out the hard way about getting intercepted on the way to bandit camps), I'm out of building permits (built lots of storehouses to improve flow before I found out the permits don't come back) and my fields are about to run out. No wheat = no beer = no troops = no chance (unless I buy some more).

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi Rob,
    you are supposed to get back your licenses for every exhausted or demolished building. Also, fields and wells don't cost any licenses.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

less storehouses

perhaps if you have fewer storehouses , upgrading some and perhaps the mayors house too

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for that. If its in the FAQ I missed it; if isn't, it should be
    Didn't know about Fields and Wells.
    Just got a licence back for tearing down a house.
    Don't remember getting anything back from exhausted mines though - next time one expires I'll check again though

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I think you get the license back at the moment the mine expires

World
    Newfoundland
    Also, you get license for capturing a new sector. Have fun.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    this may be short but i do agree with this and yes you can refill wells and feilds

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I'm absolutely positive i do not get a license back if the mine is exhausted. Building mines is all I do at the moment and my number of building permits is down to almost 0 again. It does take away the fun in the game as it is impossible to keep up with the building licenses.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    You DO get a licence back when a mine (copper, iron, gold, coal) is exhausted. You DON'T get one when the quarry (stones, marble) is exhausted, because the mason is still there.
    It may be difficult to keep track of the number of licences if you're expanding and building in many places at once.

And as Ghost_EmpiresNL said, you get new licences (10 new) when you capture a sector and place a storehouse on it.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ire_nep
    I'm absolutely positive i do not get a license back if the mine is exhausted. Building mines is all I do at the moment and my number of building permits is down to almost 0 again.
    Well... you get a license back when the mine collapses (when it collapses - not when you demolish the ruins), but when you build a new mine, you use up another license, so it balances out.

Reply to Thread