Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy Hour (gems)

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Happy Hour (gems)

Well that was fun. A broken shop and laghell.. Glad to

I kinda feel scammed now. As far as I can tell it was unanounced... And here i was just having bought gems ... missed out on 1k gems
    I know its part of having an happy hour to limit it to 1 hour. But since it (apearantly) is the 1st time its held a litle heads-up would have been appreciated...

So to prevent future dissapointments on my side (and maybe others as well)
    Will thise event occur on a regular basis? Or even random once per 1-2 weeks? I dont mind waiting. So please do announce it to happen. like: Happy hour due next week. No time set (altho would be nicest) just an announcement it can and will occur in a set timerange.

PS tryed to send a support ticket when shop broke down... but seems supportsection broke down as well. Hence this post (or i totally spammed the support inbox )
    Last edited by Nukar; 29.01.12 at 19:24.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I agree a little heads up would be nice as I did not even know about it till I read this post. Which in a way is good as I do not know what I missed out on lol

World
    Newfoundland
    It was posted on the homepage AND on facebook page.. And i agree it was posted a bit late.
    GuildLeader of TSO Addicts!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Well I never saw it on the home page - also don't use Face book

Gary

World
    Newfoundland
    It was posted on the hompage during the event. Not before so that does not count either :P

And im with Gary FB ... lets just say not ever gonna happen... also doubt it was announced long before there...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I spent £50 in the morning of this offer, so was not happy to see them doing a happy hour later in the day, so complained that I had missed out on it, and said many of the things you have above, like no pre-advertising and other people will complain about missing out. Good news, I was compensated for missing out with in game goodies (not gems) so was happy to get something out of it. But i do hope they sort it out for next time.

Lowka

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I agree if it is announced earlier then even people who are not going to buy gems will buy if they see a good bargain. So it would be a win win situation for all.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowka View Post
    I spent £50 in the morning of this offer, so was not happy to see them doing a happy hour later in the day, so complained that I had missed out on it, and said many of the things you have above, like no pre-advertising and other people will complain about missing out. Good news, I was compensated for missing out with in game goodies (not gems) so was happy to get something out of it. But i do hope they sort it out for next time.

Lowka
    Pff nice double standard then...
    Makes me feelas if i was scammed even more...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Every company has to develop their own strategy, but another very successful company at these games always advertises about 48h in advance and seems to get a lot more trade than they would otherwise. Having a sale and not telling anyone about it until the last minute seems like poor marketing, but perhaps they were not sure if their web sales service could take the strain? Sounds like it had problems, which means they'll have learned valuable lessons about how to make it more robust before next time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i wasnt around at xmas to get the goodies then so being new i jumped at the happy hour bonus was able to buy recycling plants so cheers also being new was a good incentive to get me to part with my cash

Reply to Thread