Reply to Thread

Thread: Marble and Stonemason and Farms

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Wink Marble and Stonemason and Farms

Hello everyone, i am aware that certain formations of buildings can alter your resource gathering efficencey.. for example:

^ the code isnt placed right but you get the picture

it is one set up out of many for wood cutting etc, but what about marble/stone masons and farms?.. If anyone could
    post ideas, guides or pictures of really good marble/stone masons and farm/windmill formations i would highly appretiate it

Last edited by Cronozs; 30.01.12 at 13:17.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronozs View Post
    Hello everyone, i am aware that certain formations of buildings can alter your resource gathering efficencey.. for example:

^ the code isnt placed right but you get the picture

it is one set up out of many for wood cutting etc, but what about marble/stone masons and farms?.. If anyone could
    post ideas, guides or pictures of really good marble/stone masons and farm/windmill formations i would highly appretiate it

For stone and masons, the most important part is to try and combine the building patterns you described and the position of the mines. Try to place the camps close to the mines. Actual placement of the masonry doesn't matter that much as long as it's between storehouse and stone/marble mason.

An example for marble that's "ok":

For farms don't bother too much as they can be far away, for more info on this you can watch this tutorial: (if you want to know why, part about farms is at around 3:30 minutes)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Alright thanks alot sage, your videos are great however i think some newbs like myself would like abit more detail cover all aspects of subjects for beginers through to advanced.. Good job though thanks for the help your a star!, just a side note.. if it takes 3 farms to one mill, and 2 mills to a bakery.. why does the bakery have to be closest to the storehouse?... I would of thought the Farms and Mills would be closest seeing as the bakery takes a little while to produce bread? I havent quite got to grips lol, ill post a screen of my Farm/mill/baker/field set up after ive finished it on sector 1.

This is my Farm set up, tell me what you think if its Efficient
    And also my set up which is similar to that on your tutorial, but i realised if i have the buildings opposite to where you put them the wood cutting and production is quicker, tell me what you think P.S excue the residence on the second photo i acidently build one instead of storehouse its fixed now
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Cronozs; 31.01.12 at 18:20.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Alright thanks alot sage, your videos are great however i think some newbs like myself would like abit more detail cover all aspects of subjects for beginers through to advanced.. Good job though thanks for the help your a star!, just a side note.. if it takes 3 farms to one mill, and 2 mills to a bakery.. why does the bakery have to be closest to the storehouse?... I would of thought the Farms and Mills would be closest seeing as the bakery takes a little while to produce bread? I havent quite got to grips lol, ill post a screen of my Farm/mill/baker/field set up after ive finished it on sector 1.

This is my Farm set up, tell me what you think if its Efficient
    And also my set up which is similar to that on your tutorial, but i realised if i have the buildings opposite to where you put them the wood cutting and production is quicker, tell me what you think P.S excue the residence on the second photo i acidently build one instead of storehouse its fixed now
    On the placement of the farms. Note that the bakeries should be on the spot right next to the storehouse. So left or right of it. The farms can be further away. The mills are in pretty good spots.

Also note that you need:

4 farms and 2 mills for every 1 bakery. To create perfect harmony in your base. :P

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Ahhh i see, but isnt that what i have basicly got 2 bakerys either side of the storage?.. and yeah i do need to make more farms but im not sure where to put them lol. Im not sure if i should place production buildings like tools,weapon maker and stuff like that around my mayors house. Ive been following your videos and going by how you've placed your buildings but differently but not sure where to stick additional buildings such as wells and other production buildings :/

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ahhh i see, but isnt that what i have basicly got 2 bakerys either side of the storage?.. and yeah i do need to make more farms but im not sure where to put them lol. Im not sure if i should place production buildings like tools,weapon maker and stuff like that around my mayors house. Ive been following your videos and going by how you've placed your buildings but differently but not sure where to stick additional buildings such as wells and other production buildings :/
    You place the 2 bakeries right next to it yes. And get 4 mills in total and 8 farms.

For the farms really don't pay too much attention to the distance. Maybe you should look at this like a real life city. In the centre there are the shops (Bakery), more towards the edge are the factories (mills) and in the distant areas there are farms.

If it comes to wells. You can place them wherever. They only cost one worker per building. So if you have noble residence lvl 1 = 30 workers. You can have 30 wells for 1 building license. The walking distance isn't that important anymore then.
    Last edited by Sagesmurf; 01.02.12 at 15:20.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Ahhhh i see starting to get it now more simpler, what about random buildings? for example on your tutorial i have seen that you like to have Wheat/Bread production one side and on the other Wood, but what about just singular buildings that arnt placed in a patern?.. i seen on one of your videos a set out that had random buildings all in a sequence near to a storage house. Say if i needed 1 Bronze Smelter, 2 Coking Plants and 1 tool maker and also a brewer, the brewer isnt related to the bronze so its a random building placed in a bunch of other buildings.. I need to do somthing like that and just add like for example farms and bakerys and also Hardwood saw mills but without the planting and tree chopping buildings being pressent in that set out, while the mill also isnt in the set out for the farms and bakerys in this random sequence, is their any simple solution or guide to this?... If you dont understand just tell me what bit you got lost at xD thanks.

Reply to Thread