Closed Thread

Thread: ban >bug< , not a complaint

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

ban >bug< , not a complaint

from previous thread:

Not the place for this, if you got a complaint about a moderator/a mute, send a ticket to support.

Regards,

MOD_Calen.
    In that thread, I was not complaining about the ban (or a bug), I was stating bugs concerning the information that was given about the ban for me. I was given false information about the ban, and so will everyone else probably, if this bug is not fixed, right ?

If you still think that my post was a 'complaint' rather than a report of a 'bug', can you please explain ?

Here is the original post. You can skip to the lines that start with numbers 1 and 2, if you wish.

Hello.

2 different bugs.

background: I asked whether curse words are allowed in the chat. The answer was negative. Then I asked whether saying 'sh*t' is

allowed, using the asterix to replace a letter. This was not allowed either. Then I uttered a sentence "no one wants my m*****

f****** tools" After this I received a popup message that I have been banned from the chat for 1 hour.

I'm not going to argue that I was not cursing, though I didn't really put there but 2 letters from words, that could be

perceived as the first letters of a certain curse word.

Instead, I would like to point out, that two of the things mentioned in the popup message were not very accurately describing

the actual outcome.

1. I was also banned from the trading altogether. The only tab in this small window that was (and still is) accessible is the

news-tab.

2. Now after around 1 hour and 40 minutes, after connecting to the server, I only get the news tab, saying "[23:44] News: Chat

server login failed". So the ban not just seemed to last the informed 1 hour, but at least 1h 40 minutes so far.

peace
    Peace..

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    "[23:44] News: Chat server login failed".

Is a common bug and might not be related to you being banned before.
    usual fix is to relog and it will resolve.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Relogging didn't fix it, still getting the same login fail. Tried clearing the cache too, but no avail.

Posted this to support too yesterday, so waiting for an answer from there too..

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Okay. The chat and the trading is back. Probably it was a one day ban instead of a one hour ban I guess

Closed Thread