Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading standars (not sure what else to call it lol)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Trading standars (not sure what else to call it lol)

If a person trades one item, sometimes you get others that undercut you, this is normal.....

However...

!> some people undercut you cos they have either another guild member make a false trade that they will never accept and you have to wait 8 hours to get your items back, or 2>they are cheating and have 2 accounts, where one will offer at once price and another at another/

I play this game 16 to 18 hours a day, so I watch the market values all the time. I would not make this post unless there was a problem....

I hate cheating, so I believe that there should be a rule that if you are selling you should accept (if you have the items to sell that is)

For example

I offer to sell 10 iron swords for 10 cold coins(bad price in my server at moment) but I refuse to accept for 8 hours, then that persons 10 coins are tied up, until the trade is automatically refused....

Now lets say I am also offering those swords for 2 gold coins per and one guy decides to mess up that trade by offering 1 coin per 1., then refuses to accept.

Not only do I find the above wrong, I feel it is also cheating, by trying to mess up the trade market prices, but also by refusing to accept the deals when offered

"nd example

One guy offers 400 coins for 400 steel bars

How many people will take that offer???? everyone

However, if the false trader refuses to accept the deal, then the buyer has lost 400 coins for 8 hours until it is automatically given back as a failed trade

This needs to be changed do you not think???

PS. i edit was I gave a terrible example
    Last edited by Chappyski; 01.02.12 at 22:18.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Chappy,

Read the devs diary...
    It alrdy statesd they will rework the trade section. I dont know what it will look like, nor will it prevent players from trying to work the system. But with any luck we will get a cancel button after offering.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I agree that the trade system in its present format is flawed. The seller gets to offer for only 10 minutes, but if people try to accept it their goods are lost for up to 8 hours. As you point out, one tempting trade could see 10, 20, 30 times as many goods locked for 8 hours as lots of people try to accept it. I discovered that when I offered marble for hardwood at slightly less than 1:1 ratio. The email chime was going off constantly until managed to scroll back to the branch office and take the offer off the market.

I hope that they move to the opposite route: The seller loses their goods for as long as they keep the offer on the market, which could be a lot longer than 10 minutes (with the option to withdraw) and the exchange happens immediately if it is accepted by somebody.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymond View Post
    until managed to scroll back to the branch office and take the offer off the market.
    Suggest you use the clear button in the trade tab next time

I hope that they move to the opposite route: The seller loses their goods for as long as they keep the offer on the market, which could be a lot longer than 10 minutes (with the option to withdraw) and the exchange happens immediately if it is accepted by somebody
    Cant have that unless i can set an amount of offers like 4x 100M for 100HWP, I/we want to get more then 1 reply/offer per set trade

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe I did that, I forget. I was just caught out by the flood of emails

Reply to Thread