Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions/fixes I thought of during my time playing

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Suggestions/fixes I thought of during my time playing

I would like to apologize for posting some things that are already in the dev diary.
    I only just found out about that.
    But at least I know that some of my suggestions are already planned, and that I was on the right track.

I've written down everything I came across that felt buggy, or should/could be changed
    I will most likely come across a lot more things, I hope these suggestions will be taken seriously, it is what a beta is for.
    Else I will not make any effort in providing my view on the game anymore.

- cheese sandwich – fix tooltip people have no clue what it does.

- When I buff a building and the buff ends just before the production ends the x2 is gone again, which in my opinion really sucks.
    We should atleast have a timer to see when buffs on buildings end

- ability to split fish food into 100's, its really annoying when u want to restock your fish and u need to select 10 bread at a time in order to get 100 fish replenish. the other option is that u are forced to put like 1000 fish in 1 reservoir in one go.

- when creating fish plates and u turn on 25 plates it should put every single plate that's done in your buff menu straight away, instead now u gotta wait the full time before the 25 are finished to be able to use just 1.

- Make fish plates stack correctly, having 10 stacks of 25 or just all kinds of different amounts taking up space doesn't make any sense.

- Also be able to split any stackeable buff if u want to, for example fish food.

- supply like stone can be refilled but what's the point if u can rebuild it.

- Improve trade, its completely impossible to see anything in it. the way it is now.

- Make it possible to withdraw an explorer or geologist

- Drop down menu for resource income overview, and also one for building overview.

- A grid with an on/off option, it will show where u can and can't place buildings, this will make it easier for beginning players to optimize their space. (my colony for example is a complete mess because I didn't know at first how to optimize my stuff.) And now that I do its too late

- Noble residences vs normal residence prices and upgrades make no sense at all vs the capacity they bring to the table. an upgraded noble gives as much increase as would a normal residence, but the base population of a normal is lower.
    When building a noble residence there's no point in upgrading it for that kind of increase
    Last edited by Juvator; 09.02.12 at 09:20.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Some additions that could be made for the trade:

- remove the drag bar and replace it with a space where u can just fill in the number.
    - An option to sort on the resources that u want.
    - Remove it from the chat window and make it accessible through the branche office in a separate window.
    - Or perhaps sort on Basic,intermediate,advanced and expert etc.
    - Option to upgrade branche office. lvl 2 will give u an option to post 2 trades at the same time, lvl 3... 3 trade and so on.
    Last edited by Juvator; 06.02.12 at 15:31.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Bump

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    - ability to split fish food into 100's, its really annoying when u want to restock your fish and u need to select 10 bread at a time in order to get 100 fish replenish. the other option is that u are forced to put like 1000 fish in 1 reservoir in one go.

- when creating fish plates and u turn on 25 plates it should put every single plate that's done in your buff menu straight away, instead now u gotta wait the full time before the 25 are finished to be able to use just 1.

- Make fish plates stack correctly, having 10 stacks of 25 or just all kinds of different amounts taking up space doesn't make any sense.

- Also be able to split any stackeable buff if u want to, for example fish food.
    Well these all are fixed by one and the same feature-wish: make us able to add and split stacks of the same type. Something i would love for buffs and resources.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah indeed, I have edited the topic regularly.
    but it does come down to the same thing.

Glorious Graduate Aerys_TarGaryen's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvator View Post
    Some additions that could be made for the trade:

- remove the drag bar and replace it with a space where u can just fill in the number.
    - An option to sort on the resources that u want.
    - Remove it from the chat window and make it accessible through the branche office in a separate window.
    - Or perhaps sort on Basic,intermediate,advanced and expert etc.
    - Option to upgrade branche office. lvl 2 will give u an option to post 2 trades at the same time, lvl 3... 3 trade and so on.
    Loving that idea would like to see this

World
    Newfoundland
    An Option to play your own music, whether through a player or something like spotify or alikes or at least some in-game music.
    on the building menu it would nice to see the number of buildings of each type you already have. (Alll other Settlers games have it)
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I think that's already planned in the dev diary.
    the music thing though, I don't expect something like that to happen, I've never seen it before in a browser game.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    - Censoring should have an on/off option

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just play your own music in your own music player, it has a switch for ingame background effects, seems a wasted effort for the devs to implement such a thing.

We need a last trade option.
    Upgrading the branch office should either - extend the time your trade stays up (without changing the 10 minute cooldown on new trades imo), or allows you to trade 2 items in trade market, or allows you to make larger trades.

Reply to Thread