Reply to Thread

Thread: Settlers - The Ins and Outs!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Post Settlers - The Ins and Outs!

Too many people who play The settlers is to build, farm and fight, that's all there is to it. However, they are wrong!!!
    There is more to it!!

The reason for games like this is to make you want to play it more. What is involved in the game, and what hooks are there? The chat feature allows you to interact with other players, whether new to the game or those who are experienced. Yet, it offers more! You can trade and buy items and sell on items you don't need. You can join guilds and make new friends with a handy little friend section at the bottom. You can visit there place and have a look around.

Your probably wondering, well there is so many other games that do that, they offer exactly the same! What's is Unique about this game?
    Firstly, the games genre is a strategy game, it allows you not just to build but to organise the way building are laid out, from the very start organising buildings into sections is important. Yeh your going to get it wrong first of all but everyone has done that.

Just check out the video above. Everyone was once a newbie but then you build a vast kingdom. A successful kingdom. Join a guild and become the best guild in the game, the biggest guild and grow in number as you become the best strategic player in the game.

I'm not a MOD or a BB, I haven't made the game but from one outlook of the game I can pick up what the game is like, the gameplay, the graphics, anyone can do that. However!! Pick up hints no one else can, if someone says do it this way try something new and try a different option and see where you end up. The game is a strategy game because its the way you build things, where you build them and how good you are at helping others. To be great at this game you build alliances and help others and that way you wont be forgotten.

Within the game you can go and visit people but you can help them out by increasing there productivity. They build you buffer! You build you trade!

What needs improving what might put you off the game?
    The smallest things are all ways the most important.

1. When you trade being able to organise into categories is the best thing to have instead of scrolling down a long list.

2. Its a flash game how about broadening out and having a downloadable setup which is very easy to do and allow people to access the game from there desktop.

3. The most vital is offering people to choose what they want, perfect example is Settlers 2 you can choose Romans, Greeks. Ext.

Allowing yourselves to roam free is an important part of a game. MODs and BB will know this as before creating a game they look at there audience, who they are going to appeal to and how they are going to do this, whether by hooks or features in the game. The only way they can get the best hooks and features in the game is by getting your feedback. Reply to this thread and lets make this game the best online strategy game!

Your Feedback is Important!! Visit me by clicking here
    Last edited by MOD_Nogbad; 13.02.12 at 20:16. Reason: No advertising

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Like it

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Simpson thats very helpful.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice post Simpson. I see so many people joining just to fight and as you say there's so much more to this if you use your brain and think. And more to come

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by CullyAndel View Post
    Nice post Simpson. I see so many people joining just to fight and as you say there's so much more to this if you use your brain and think. And more to come
    Exactly.... The Settlers wern't just about fighting, but i was about getting resources and building your colony

bibumo
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
    1. When you trade being able to organise into categories is the best thing to have instead of scrolling down a long list.
    What to you want to say about it, you suggest it or its need more improving?

I think atm as it is ok, its quite good, cus you can sort em in 3 different way?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes i saw the upgrade for it that you can now sort into categories. I had written this some time ago. I was thinking of categorising the amount more, because you can scroll down a long list look for 200Fir wood but you keep finding 400fir wood. I was thinking of putting in a filter allowing you to specifically say what you want.

Reply to Thread