Reply to Thread

Thread: Ubisoft - Please provide support for all game calculators.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Ubisoft - Please provide support for all game calculators.

Hello,
    This post is directed mainly to The Settlers Online Developers Team, and Creators of many third party Calculators for The Settlers Online.

Settlers Online is game heavily dependent on economy and multiple complex relationships betwin buildings and his production.
    It is required from players and its unavoidable, to manage somehow ingame infrastructure especially at later stages.
    Because of this, everyone can notice very high demand for all kinds of online calculators created for The Settlers Online.

These calculators help in many ways.
    - They are helpful to players because they help to manage his infrastructure,
    - They are also helpfull to game because exsistence of many online calculators advertise the game itself,
    - They also in some way, free game developers team from implementing complex calculations and interfaces into game,
    keeping game clean, fast and simple, while pushing all complexity and calculations to third party calculators.

Sadly, as these calculators are very helpfull in many ways as shown above,
    at later stages they require very high amount of data to be manually provided / inserted, by players,
    which turns them again into hard-to-use things.

It would be very positive for all sides if The Settlers Online Developers Team would consider to help here,
    by creating URL service where everyone can read his data in XML format.

EXAMPLE :
    accessing some example url like this : http;//thesettlersonline.data.ubisoft.com/<USERNAME>
    would return read-only XML data for The Settlers Online game for given UserName similar to this :

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <TheSettlersOnline="EconomyOverview">
     <!-- The settlers online by Ubisoft 2012 -->
        <user="DemoTestUser"</user>
        <DataCreated>2012-02-10 22:15<DataCreated>
        <Building="Mayor's House"
            <level>3</level>
            <positionX>112</positionX>
            <positionY>150</positionY>
            <MaxCapacity>8000</MaxCapacity>
            <Resource="Settlers">78</Resource>
            <Resource="Fir Wood">780</Resource>
            <Resource="Fir Wood Planks">500</Resource>
            <Resource="Stones">400</Resource>
            <Resource="Fish">777</Resource>
            (...ect ect...)
        </Building>
        <Building="Mason"
            <level>1</level>
            <positionX>115</positionX>
            <positionY>155</positionY>
            <productiontimeseconds1>18<productiontimeseconds1>
            <productiontimeseconds2>16<productiontimeseconds1>
            <productiontimeseconds3>320<productiontimeseconds1>
            <state>on</state>
            (...ect ect...)
        </Building>
            (...ect ect...)
    </TheSettlersOnline>
    Basicaly this XML file would be read only , and provide current data about buildings / resources / ect
    of user with given nickname (or username). (no need to login ect, just simple XML output for URL request like YourURL.c0m/<UserName>)
    Many todays browser based online games allready support this or similar outputs,
    (for example its very common that players can get link to xml file with data containing battle results,
    so they can show it to others or put it to his calculators for processing)

This would be really huge help if you would like to let users access his data in this simple way and let them process it by them self
    with all kinds of his own calculators / spreadsheets ect, without need of painfull attempts of pulling this data from game client
    with help of more or less "legal" ways (possible hacking into client to extract this information), or just simply counting buildings manually.

(not mention if everyone can process these data by themself in anyway they want,
    it would free game from providing multiple complex interfaces with statistics where players would still ask for something
    more or something different without end, and also push all these calculations to users instead of game itself,
    keeping game clean, nice, simple, and lite for system)

I know that providing this helpfull service to community is just matter of one simple PHP script runing on your server,
    which would read data about given user infrastructure (buildings type, count, level, position, ect) from your SQL database,
    then format it and output it to user in simple XML format, which can be easly loaded into calculators for further processing.
    Please try to help your devoted community and create such thing.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 14.02.12 at 06:32.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    there is planned an economy calculator inside the game:
    Source: http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...uch-13.01.2012
    translated with google translate:
    Mid-year (2nd / 3rd quarter)
    Economic overview:
    Here are the current economy, including the separate contexts of the production chain will be displayed. In addition, given how effective each resource is produced. As an example: The production of coal per hour, the hourly consumption of the manufacturing companies is compared. This allows early detection of impending shortages and appropriate response to the economic processes coordinate with each other better.

PS:
    Try to use my calculator

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

I can't do much for you but I'll pass this on to BB and ask them if they can answer of give me some info for you.

Not promising anything though, just that I'll try and get answers for you.

Best,

BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you BB_Azariel

This would be awesome help not only for everyone who use online calculators,
    but also to game itself as all these calculators and game guides work as advertise for the game.

We wait for your answer then.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Any news on this? Did you get any answer Dragonia? I can think of several uses for this in our guild for example.

World
    Sandycove
    This would be such a huge enormous help! It's so hard to keep track of every change between visits to the calculator.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    hi, i want this export as well. what the BB said?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Any news in this topic ?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I strongly support this request. There used to be functionality available which I used with DSO-Tools but it got removed last Easter.

Reply to Thread