Thread: Updated goods and adventure price sheet

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    witch tower i see sells for 13000 upto 16000 have never seen as low as 9000

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bronze Swords 20c, Iron Swords 100c, Rec 0,8 value Mill 1,9. is this updated?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Nukar, can you correct the price for friary therĀ“s missing a 0
    Thank you for the great, helpful sheet :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Something is not right with the LS prices, the cost of all weapons have risen and you have shown the cost of R, B, M etc all increased but the loot spot values have stayed the same ?
    Can you correct this please
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    Something is not right with the LS prices, the cost of all weapons have risen and you have shown the cost of R, B, M etc all increased but the loot spot values have stayed the same ?
    The weapon drop is actually a rather small component of the loot price. Low level adventures have a high % of granite drop, so their value correlates strongly with granite prices. 'Big' adventures like RB also drop gold (coins/refill) at a decent rate, and since spots are paid with coins, their price will have some friction in reacting to value changes of goods. What's more, buying weapons is more convenient than buying lootspots. You get exactly what you need, exactly at the time you need them when purchasing weapons from trade. It is this convenience factor that is also the reason why meat price can fall while deerstalker price is rising.

The cost of troops that are lost in the adventure will not impact the price of the lootspot, unless there is a server-wide quest requesting some particular adventure to be completed. The lootspot buyer doesn't care what it cost to you to play it - he evaluates the expected value of the loot drop and is only willing to pay less than that.

Considering that high level players are inclined to pursue the Epic Raids for bean collecting, there is also less demand for conventional adventure loots, as one can only get one lootspot at a time. So buying 1-2 Bean loots more means buying 1-2 BK/etc loots less. The sellers of such lootspots are therefore forced to sell for lower prices to raise the spot's desirability.

There's also a bit of psychology involved in lootspot pricing which makes the prices stick in a certain price bracket even when objectively, the value has shifted and another price bracket would fit it better. If you bought a BK spot for 800gc yesterday, you'll think "I won't pay 900 for the spot, I can get it for 800". In a similar manner, a seller will think "I sold a BK spot for 800gc yesterday, so I won't offer it for 700 as I can sell it for 800". Therefore, once an 'accepted' lootspot price has been established in the market, it will take more than just a marginal change in value of goods before the lootspot prices change.

World
    Newfoundland
    King Fero you don't really have much of an argument for this

The weapon drop is actually a rather small component of the loot price.
    Not really the new prices mean that it cost 380gc more to do the adventure

The cost of troops that are lost in the adventure will not impact the price of the lootspot
    But surely that must be taken into some consideration if an adventure.
    Both Dama swords and Xbow have increased in price thus making the loot more valuable, and its not marginal 152 points and 210 points, likewise with granite that average sale of that now is 1.8gc per piece...yet the spot has never taken than into consideration.

There's also a bit of psychology involved in lootspot pricing which makes the prices stick in a certain price bracket
    Again not really, when SE or Sotv are part of a quest chain i've seen them sold for twice the price.

there is also less demand for conventional adventure loots,
    Yes but there will always be a demand for WT's, and the only way to obtain is in a DB loot spot. SE i can see why that wouldn't increase, even though it has in the last month, as a Gate doesn't increase your pop.

This still hasn't answer anything
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    Yes, something is not right if you are referring to the calculated loot spot values (the ones that are strucken out). These are not correctly adjusted.

Trying to sort it out, but can't guarantee anything. If you were referring to something else, please let me know.

Lega.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    very GOOD
    THANKS

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Many thanks for doing this spreadsheet and keeping it up to date(as best you can, but I know its hard).

I not only use it for trading but also evaluating adventures and loot spots.

I have my own spread sheet where I download yours daily (can't link to it on the web), I then feed your prices into a list of adventures to work out how much it would cost for the troop losses for that adventure and what the value of the loot is worth. I can then add in any loot spot sale price and assess the potential profit from each adventure.

Whilst I think this goes further that your spread sheet I do believe that automatic calculation of loot spot values could be added - all you would need to add is a list of rewards from each adventure and the calculations.
    With all the selling of loot from the loot spots that have been sold recently resulting in a noticible drop in the granite price the average value of loot gained from a loot spot has droped quite a bit and most people now would be loosing out from taking loot spots.
    I'm thinking an automatic calculation would be most useful.

If you feel this is a useful addition and want to contact me then please do, I can suply a copy of my list of rewards with the calcultions on to obtain the loot spot values. (its not fully complete, missing the fairytail adventure and a few event adventures, but its a good starting point)

P.S. to assist in my automation could you please use a decimal point, not a comma, in the price list. I have to change them each time I download your sheet e.g. the price for cannon is 1,5 - could it please become 1.5.
    Last edited by Bugglesx; 18.09.13 at 09:12. Reason: added p.s.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    As a new player, I found this a great help in finding my bearings on the market. Thanks for making it public.

Recently have seen that it does have at least one inaccuracy (have seen Whips and Carrots at sale for 60 and not get sold), so made me wonder how you calculate the prices. Are they based on actual sales, which players then enter into the sheet?

Thanks again for a great tool!

Reply to Thread