Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated goods and adventure price sheet

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Why are the adventures Outlaw, Sons, Witch, and Traitors prices so low?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Because people feel like they lose to much troops for the rewards they can get on these adventures. Wait for the update we are working on it will give some clarity on this matter (based on up-to-date marketprices)
    Last edited by Nukar; 26.02.12 at 21:42.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    Because people feel like they lose to much troops for the rewards they can get on these adventures. Wait for the update we are working on it will give some clarity on this matter (based on up-to-date marketprices)
    Thank you very much.
    I am looking forward to some more realistic adventure prices.
    Most of my coins come from selling them and I like to be able to show people why I price them as I do.

World
    Newfoundland
    I will be taking the sheet offline for a few minutes this evening (CET).
    This action is needed for the promissed upgrade.

After the downtime I wont publish the new content instantly becasue I want to provide you with a bugfree sheet.
    Untill then keep checking the sheets for up-to-date market prices provided to you by FWB.

Cheers
    Nukar

Edit 19.00 CET Downtime has started be back asap
    Edit 19.18 CET Up and runnuing again apart from 1 litle acces issue, wich has been fixed, all went well. thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by Nukar; 01.03.12 at 09:53.

World
    Newfoundland

Update published! Including our new Adventure tab

As promised we have just released our upgrade! I am very happy with what we have done, I hope you are too.
    We have added more information to the buy_sell sheets.

1: Lootspot values. These are based on average lootdrops and current market values of the resources gained.
    2: Unit cost. these are based on the needs to train a unit and current market values of the used resources
    3: Adventure comparison tables based on loot and xp gained per lost troop.

We will attempt to show what the cost of using a specific tactic for an adventure will be and compare those to the rewards you can get in return.

In the first table we have combined the cost for lost units and the value of the loot you will get in return to rank the adventures and their tactics based on loot return.
    The second table compares the amount of xp gained per lost coin.
    Both tables are sorted from most to least profitable.

For most adventures we have included at least longbow and crossbow tactic maps. For some adventures we also included fast loot and block versions when we felt that their popularity warranted it.

The last table we included will show unit costs. This is the same table shown on the buy_sell tab. But here we have included an inside view on how we calculated the cost per unit.

As you can tell from this table all information shown is based on current market values. As market changes these tables change with it.

For those who aren't interested in more math, have a look now at [FWB] Goods and adventure price list
    If you want to know more about the calculations keep on reading.

We started with looking at the popular versions on how to play an adventure. We have derived a set of guides that suits current gameplay.

Adventure cost
    We took those guides and noted needed units and expected maximal losses.
    For every guide we used the "cost per unit" (show in adventures tab) to calculate the expected loss value per guide.

Example:
    The 'Island of pirates' adventure, that uses Longbows and no blocking is expected to have a maximum loss of 610 recruits.
    1 recruit is worth 2 coins based on current market values (rounded). For the adventure cost we did not use the rounded figures.

610 recruits * 2 coins would mean you will lose a maximum of 1220 coins on this adventure.
    Since it is maximum you can expect your actual losses to be below this figure. Since we don't use rounded numbers for the adventure cost the table shows its 1201 coins based on todays prices.

Adventure rewards
    We had some discussions how to calculate the rewards. Lootdrops are random. We debated min value, max value and ranges.
    Min or max would give wrong expectations. Ranges would turn out to wide for everyone to make a conclusion. So we decided to take average lootdrop value.
    This means we had to take all possible loot drops, their drop % and the current market value. From here we could calculate an average value for the drop for 1 lootspot per adventure.
    We took the loot tables from the wiki our German friends created and worked from there.

Example:
    For the 'Island of pirate' adventure lootslot #1 will look like this:
    amount __resource__value___chance (%)
    800______elog______350_____33.3
    1000_____elog______437.5___16.7
    700______gran______525____33.3
    900______gran______675____16.7
    ((800*<market value>*33.3) + (1000*<market value>*16.7) + (700*<market value>*33.3) + (900*<market value>*16.7)) /100 =
    ((350*33.3) + (437.5*16.7) + (525*33.3) + (675*16.7)) /100 =
    (11655 + 7306.25 + 17482.5 + 11272.5) /100 = 477.1625
    slot average value (coins) = 477

We have calculated this for every single lootslot involved and added totals.

If an adventure has more then 1 lootspot we multiplied the totals to see total adventure rewards.
    This formula is also the base for the "Loot value" column besides the Lootspot market prices in the Buy_sell sheets.

Adventure tab
    Here we combined the outcome of the previous.

In the first table we set max loss versus average reward and calculated expected coin return per coin invested.
    <reward>/<cost> = <coin gain per coin invested> rounded to 1 decimal

The second table we set coins invested versus total XP for the given guide to show XP per invested coin
    <XP>/<cost> = <XP per coin invested>

So have a look:
    [FWB] Goods and adventure price list

There may still be incorrect references and errors in the calculations, send us a whisper if you think some of the data is wrong. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers ,
    Stalk and Nukar
    Last edited by Nukar; 02.03.12 at 12:46.
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    The updated adventure comparison charts is located on the 2nd page

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Great Work

This is awesome.
    My guild will be happy to get this.
    Good job.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Best price sheet on the forum.

It's a must for any new, or indeed experienced, player on this game.

Bookmarked!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr4nkel View Post
    Best price sheet on the forum.

It's a must for any new, or indeed experienced, player on this game.

Bookmarked!
    Does this sound cheesy when it comes from FWB member? ^^

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    About the same level of cheesyness as refering to the numbers coming out of your ass as "research".
    Last edited by stalk; 04.03.12 at 01:34.

Reply to Thread