Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners/Advanced/Expert Guide on Market

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Beginners/Advanced/Expert Guide on Market

*text missing*
    Last edited by MrH4m; 02.04.12 at 13:09. Reason: My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    nice guid H4M

2 tweaks id recommend:

1) is EWL actually more expensive then EWP? in no prices is buffing included i believe so why whould EWL be more expensive then EWP?

2) your price list is listed as 'per stack' but for the higher level items you list it as 1:1 I believe, better seperate them or make that clear

good writing on making the market easier for newer players! i vote sticky

World
    Newfoundland
    This is cool guide
    Last edited by Killste; 27.02.12 at 20:02.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    hi MrH4m

thx for guide very helpful and easy to understand has helped me alot keep up good work

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi MrH4M,

Thanks for taking the time to write this, it really is a help for beginners like me and would even be useful to experts.

Much kudos to you

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great Guide MrH4M,

Provided a lot of valuable information. Extremely helpful

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Caution! G7 is a channel for fair trade, and fair trade only. You want profit? Not a problem – but you WILL work for it on TT, and TT exclusively. There is no such thing as «free and fast» GCs in this game by doing scams and playing cheap - that is, if you want to make any progress in this game and/or get valuable advantage over average player.
    for new players and ppl who dont know what stuff is worth, never go ask for trades before monitoring the channel for some time and see what ppl ask for their materials and adventures. theres nothing fair about g7, theres alot of ppl who just try to rip you off.

other than that, seems like a good guide, just dont follow the prices literaly, and avoid the trade calc. This game is alot about trading, and you will end up going to the market at some point of the game, when you do, be carefull.
    Last edited by Habis; 18.02.12 at 16:38.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    there is a lot of flawed in this post.....
    You can demolish all your low level buildings as I did myself on level 25 – I've demolished all my fisheries, stone masons, complete fir wood production (fir wood foresters, cutters, sawmills) - I had them all on level 3 (more than 30). Reason for this is because I've decided to entirely focus my coal production on coal mines and not on cooking plants. Main purpose of me doing this is to get more free licenses so I can build more high level buildings which output is worth much more on the market.
    This is really really wrong. I hope new player doesn't do this....or they are gonna suffer from big time.

First, you can only get 6 coal mines in the game. This is not enough...that's why you need choking plant.
    Second, it's true that you can demolish the low lv building. However, not at lv 25....and a lot of building you listed are better kept till lv 30s or so.
    Third, You won't run into much building licence problem around lv 25.....so it's okay to keep the low lv building, to maximize your production for further trading.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you all for your lovely comments, it is much appreciated

@jins: This is not a guide about different tactics how you can manage your city - it's about what the topic says. But since you're questioning my tactic, my 5 (I rarely got 6 coal mines working at the same time because of the long time search of geologists - I have no jolly geologist) coal mines produce 26.989,34 coal ore per day of which I use 22.421,00 (2xlvl 2 iron smelters, 2xlvl 1 gold smelters, 4xlvl 3 bronze smiths, 1x Iron smiths, 11xlvl3 bronze smelters, 7xlvl 3 toolmakers, 2xlvl 1 coinage and 1xlvl1 steel smith). That leaves me, roughly, 2k coal at the end of each day because I mostly buff 3 or 4 of them at the same time.

This calculation is based on what I do actually, at this very moment, got on my map which is: 4xlvl3 coal mines and 1xlvl4 coal mine, buffed.

I assume that one day I will have to upgrade my mines, at least some of them, to lvl5 which will mean that only one of them (!) will replace your 6xlvl3 c.p. which results in -6 licenses for you and +6 extra more licenses for me - and we are talking about only one mine.

If you want to keep up with my daily production in the near future (and I will buy jolly geologist), that means you should have exactly 40 lvl 3 cooking plants [6mines*2 (because of buff)*2 (coal:c.p.ratio)*5(level of the mine)] and not 1 less.

Good luck with that.
    Last edited by MrH4m; 27.02.12 at 23:59.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Excellent guide. I didn't even know channel-7 existed until i read this.

Reply to Thread