Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Failure rate of looking for adventure

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Well, lots of answers like "You have had bad luck" or "search more or earlier". Lets be clear, i am not annoyed that i have had 15 failed searches in total. I am annoyed that it seems to be possible to have them ALL fail. If 15 out of 20 would fail you wouldn't have an complaint, but at this moment I still have the chance that my outgoing search will all be empty, and meanwhile i have NO WAY beside paying up in gems to continue playing.

Listen what I am saying "Paying to Play". The typical non-gem buyer player might gome so far as killing off Wild Mary, and even have two explorers, but if that means he will be waiting for an week to continue with his battles he will do the obvious thing. He will say to himself, "another pay to play game" and leave.
    Those map fragments are useless, untill you get to level 36 and even then you need 30 or 40 of them. Nice as a bonus adventure, like the gem-bought ones, but if they ar your sources of xp.

Lets be realistic about this game. We might have a good number of old-settlers players around, and the game is stil in beta. But at the moment it hits the street big time, and more people are comming to play you will have an big inport of people who are not going to pay 1000 gems for an extra savage scout.

Thats why I have the following suggestions.
    1. Make sure to get an adventure every fourth/fifth failed attempt in a row. That will mean still two days nothing nothing, but thats okay.
    2. Give out an adventure after you defeat Wild Mary, which will give you time to search for another one, while building your army up.
    3. Give map fragments an meaning for level 33.
    4. Give an adventure for levelling up. (looks like we already get 170 gems per level but thats for level 33+)

Why all this extra adventures? Simple, the game is about combat, no combat, no levelling up and the game will be nothng like building up and frankly thanks to my explorers which gave me lots of extra hw/marble I am already at the limit what I can built, without getting more gold or exotic wood/granite. Those fights will consume a lot of settlers with gear, so there is no reason whatsoever to not give more adventures out. Also an general can do only one thing and you could make those free adventures a bit less rewarding as the ones you can buy or find.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have two explorers which i send out every 12 hours to search for adventures, i have six to complete in my inventory because my economy can't keep up with the demands of the armies i need to replenish, or the actual time needed to fight. I think for a free-to-play game, and being a non-cash gamer, that's a pretty good deal. It gives the casual non-cash player every opportunity to progress at a rate where they don't feel alienated.

On the other hand...maybe i'm just a lucky sod!

bibumo
    There's several types like free to play, pay to pay and mixed one. This here is mixed on, you can play free but if you decide to pay, you can do it and can speed up things. But still without paying it enough playable too. Servers and workers needs to get payed too, so somehow they need income and that's why they do combined/mixed system, better than pay to get access to log in or pay when tutorial is over or so..

Trade tab and chat always helps if you run out of adventures, but so far like i said i've done almost 100 searches and sometimes i get several adventure per day and sometimes takes almost week to get at last 1 adventure, but still i've found them that many that can't do em all too. So i don't see the problem. The worst case is been that i am doing searches with 3 explorers and 6th day got adventure, so 17th or was the adventure. 3rd explorer should be easy to buy near levels 35 or so, less than week should take to collect enough gold from the trades. Level 32+ production should be that good that you can afford to buy adventures any time you lack of em too...
    Last edited by bibumo; 21.02.12 at 12:39.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Do you know what is really funny?!? All the responses are comming from the Newfoundland server.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, doh!!, obviously the Adventure percentage rates are higher on Newfoundland.....we're the sexiest server in town!!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Do you know what is really funny?!? All the responses are comming from the Newfoundland server.
    Maybe because it's a more advanced server and already has the experience.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not into trading so never have more than a few coins, don't want my explorers out searching for event zones full time, would like to find some useful advanced resources so I could build something like a titanium smelter or a crossbow maker. No chance if I have to have 100% search to find an adventure. With the gaps between levels increasing and the xp from adventures being small, you need more adventures just to progress a lvl so how do I trade off the searches.

Don't expect to see me soon in the trading channel, it's full of sharks and I for one dislike being sharkbait!

World
    Sandycove
    I have sent out 18 searches and received back 54 map fragments for my 180 gold coins. Am I EVER going to get a blasted adventure? I could have bought an adventure on the open market and sent the explorer to search for rare and valuable resources instead. Is it a mistake to send both my explorers to search for adventure at the same time? Unbelievable!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SidV View Post
    Hmmm i could not agree with you but i understand the frustration from you mystic ^^... thats only bad luck... thats all.
    When you search more then 50 times you will see you get then also some nice adventures. 13 searches are of course much to less to talk from a "bad finding rate" ^^

I wrote all my searches here in this tread and its not so bad as i thought. Around 45% adventures in my last 100 searches are not so bad.
    Some Info's to the adventure seek rewards:

Rate for finding adventures

Reply to Thread