Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guide to fast levelling for newbies

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoycey View Post
    Dilbe, i dont have toolmakers, and i can tell u i have more tools now than i did when i ran 2 x level 3 toolmakers.

Plus the coal and copper saved are better used in extra bronze sword making.
    Just because you have more tools now than before does not mean it's better (-: Acording to my excel sheet, the toolmakers cost you less licences than converting stone and wood to tools.

All other things you said i agree with, btw, those can be more profitable if you enjoy trading.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Ive got to point of a few flaws in your otherwise good guide

If everyone follows your guide
    A: There will be a huge rise in supply of bronze swords, beer and bread. A huge supply, will lead to a drop in price on the items - even though there is a big demand for those.
    B: There will be a huge rise in demand for everything else. Horses, iron/steel swords, bows, longbows etc. with a increase in price for these items.

Simple market factors, nothing else. That will mean it will be harder for new players to gather needed goods to make high-end troops, essential for completing different sectors, adventures and bosses. This can to some degree be countered by a increased use of recruits - leading to a decrease in surplus - leading to lesser trade.

Another flaw is that this very much requires online time to do the trades. Players who dont login more then 1 or 2 short periodes pr day, will generally not benefit from this, since their trade rate is hugely hindered. They will generally benefit alot more from own production and good storage space.

The part about converting basic materials is somewhat true - i use this alot too, but dont rely on it, since it requires alot of queing in provision house and takes time away from buffs and converting bread to settlers.

This is very much a trading game, no doubt. Therefore, if a large portion of players focus on one part of the production chain, this will hinder their progress and others will profit from this. This again can be countered by different approaches, different production focuses and a variaty of trades.
    My guild mates and i have very different strategies, different production focus, but still we level at a somewhat equal rate - most level progress is more a question of how you focus on your combat, both on your island and adventures.

A good guild that shares adventures with your guild mates, will very strongly increase your level rate at a much lower cost then else, since the time to reproduce stocks is shorter and you share losses
    Last edited by Bergen; 23.02.12 at 10:06.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    hi bhoycey whats your game name?

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoycey View Post
    selling the excess bread
    I may not be level 40, but I know there is no such thing as excess bread

Edit: Just saw the original post date. Thought it was an april fools joke
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 01.04.12 at 13:14.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Unfortunately as mass selling is available on the market, 400 BronzeSwords dont sell for 30coins. You can sell 1000 for 30...

Reply to Thread