Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guide to fast levelling for newbies

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Guide to fast levelling for newbies

Hello boys and girls

Here is a few tips to help you level fast and gain gold.

In the tutorial a lot of things are build, including the toolmaker. firstly, when you have satisfied the quest for the toolmaker - DELETE IT.

Use the license instead on another stonemaker, and if you can get away with deleting your bowmaker ( keep it til about level 15 when you should have about 400 bows in storage) then delete that too - use the license on a fir wood sawmill.

Why?

Well this is very very simple. The game has an option in the provisions house to provision wood and stones into tools, marble and HWP. It is in fact very possible by mass producing fir wood and stones, to save a lot of gold on marble and HWP building upgrades. You will also never run out of basic building materials.

What else should you build?

As you move up the ranks to level 26, other buildings become available such as stables, gold mines, iron buildings, longbowmakers etc.
    DO NOT BUILD THESE - instead, spam bronze swords, beer and bread. These three items are the most important of the game, and the most used.
    Sure, you need 110 cavalry to take down chuck and metaltooth, but you will be able to buy the horses with coins selling the excess swords and bread you produce, as well as all of those tools, HWP and marble. You have created a surplus of the most required goods in the game, which you can in turn trade for gold, which can in turn be traded for ANYTHING you need.

Iron production can be started around level 24 if you want, gold around level 27. At the levels they become available, it is too difficult to supply the buildings with the materials required, so the trick is to wait a few levels. Another trick is to never build an iron weaponsmith - use the iron bars to convert to steel, then steel swords (again, dont try this until level 30). Remember, iron, steel and gold all take a lot more coal than bronze swords, and I mean a lot more. Which = more licenses for cokers, mines etc which you could otherwise do without.

If you decide to open your stables then fine, however here is an interesting point - all of those bronze swords you produce currently sell for 25-30 coins on the market per 400. 400 horses on the other hand can be bought for 30 coins... seems like they will be quite easily swappable for the coming future.

I have tried to keep this short and sweet as a guide, trust me, follow this and you will be levelling up and rolling in gold in no time.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Most of it makes sense, except the dont make tools part. If you have the productions buildings all at level 3, then it costs you around 8 minutes of licences per tool. While to use stone/wood to make tools costs you around 13 minutes of licences per tool.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dilbe, i dont have toolmakers, and i can tell u i have more tools now than i did when i ran 2 x level 3 toolmakers.

Plus the coal and copper saved are better used in extra bronze sword making.

World
    Newfoundland
    Converting excess stone and fir wood into marble and hardwood makes more sense.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, im currently at level 39, about to hit 40, so i have a bit of an idea what im on about

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Seriously?

No wonder you got no iron mine (AND no IS smith, no ss smith or/and gold mine, which upgrade & building it cost me 4.500 tools - not to even mention 2x coinage etc.) as I do have = 1xlvl5 with 5379 iron ore in it (as I am writing this now) - buffed for the next 9 hours, that provide my IS and SS smiths with no problem, what so ever, of which you have NONE (400ironore 30gc, 400ss 250gc-300gc, 400IS 150-200gc, 400steel 225gc + 281gcs per day from coinages).

Tools / granite / gcs / marble / hwp / ewp = basic (and advanced) materials for buildings construction + upgrades.

Warning to all "newbies" = do not, I repeat do NOT demolish toolmaker - I keep my city balanced with 7xlvl3 toolmakers.

You sell bread to get ANY progress in this game (400bread 20-25gc) and I use my 5xlvl3 bakeries to "bake" settlers so I could play 2-3 adventures per day (today I've finished dark priests, pirates and started new one before I went bed - victor the vicious - with 637R "sitting"&ready for use in mayor's house).

I am level 34.
    Last edited by MrH4m; 21.02.12 at 03:27.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MrH4m View Post
    Seriously?

No wonder you got no iron mine (AND no IS smith, no ss smith or/and gold mine, which upgrade & building it cost me 4.500 tools - not to even mention 2x coinage etc.) as I do have = 1xlvl5 with 5379 iron ore in it (as I am writing this now) - buffed for the next 9 hours, that provide my IS and SS smiths with no problem, what so ever, of which you have NONE (400ironore 30gc, 400ss 250gc-300gc, 400IS 150-200gc, 400steel 225gc + 281gcs per day from coinages).

Tools / granite / gcs / marble / hwp / ewp = basic (and advanced) materials for buildings construction + upgrades.

Warning to all "newbies" = do not, I repeat do NOT demolish toolmaker - I keep my city balanced with 7xlvl3 toolmakers.

You sell bread to get ANY progress in this game (400bread 20-25gc) and I use my 5xlvl3 bakeries to "bake" settlers so I could play 2-3 adventures per day (today I've finished dark priests, pirates and started new one before I went bed - victor the vicious - with 637R "sitting"&ready for use in mayor's house).

I am level 34.
    7 lv 3 tool maker?
    That's WAY too much.
    Although it's true to keep your tool maker around, don't make more than 2-3 tool makers.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Way too much if you decide to keep cooking plants and fir wood chain production, I fully agree. I can brag little bit, can' I? :P

I disagree with razing buildings ("cutting out") for production of basic materials used for buildings and/or upgrades [tools, hardwood sawmills (both cutters -FW and HW - possible) etc.].

What bhoycey tried to explain - you can "cut out" one or more chain of resource production and truth is, there are no, what so ever, guides to be found for that.

Bhoycey does have a point there, I give him that and I am thankful for trying to explain this aspect of the game - this idea is already shared with lots of players.

I will give an example:

Player Handsomee got 17xlvl 3 bakeries, not enough farms to sustain that production and 23 mills (balanced number of mills on same level as bakeries should be 34). He did, in last few weeks, build some "extra" mills stated above, I think that 7 days before he had like 15-18 of them.

Did I ever heard him complaining that he suffers from lack of wheat/flour?

Not once. He just restocks wheat/flour every two days or so on market and/or g7 and his game moves on. Of course, he is player that know how to play this game and he does not come as "cheap" on g7 so he offers to buy flour/wheat for price that is below market price. Quite the opposite - he is willing to pay even little extra more and he announces it on g7. Are those 10/20/30 gcs extra worth to have stocked resources which you need to keep your city going NOW so you can continue to trade/sell/buy for other resources, play adventures and so on?

Of course it is.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well that's true what MrH4M says, another example is that I've got 10 Butchers and only 9 Hunters, but I'm always on +7k meat, you need the exact stable amount of raw material buildings if only you're gonna be offline too much !! if you can just check for 2 hours a day, you can manage it super easy, and the incomes are also greater that way.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I run a stable economic so i do not have to check every 2 hours. running 4 bronze smiths on level 5 and 3 tool makers already makes me have all copper mines on level 3. the higher you get the more this games makes you manage mines / wells / wheat fields. it's actually getting beyond boring.

Ofcource i could destroy a toolmaker for another bronze smith. but it's going fast enough for me since i only do like 1 or 2 adventures a week anyway. untill PvP comes then i might change things :P.

Everyone plays different i guess. we all have our ways of what we like and dislike.

Reply to Thread