Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lv2 Coal Mine?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusek View Post
    In my magic excel where everything is taken into consideration the coal from mines is always cheaper* to make than from coking plants. Even coal from lvl 2 mine vs coal from lvl 5 coking chain. *(cheaper doesn't always mean faster - I take licenses and time to make as a base cost).
    Simple: you make more coal from 6 lvl 2 mines than from 7 lvl 5 coking chain (and it's not that expensive to rebuild mines) : 24 vs 10 /3min
    This is not ture, a level 5 cooking plant needs 126 seconds of licences per coal it makes (this one is easy to calculte: 3,5 licences to keep the chain running devided by 5 coal every 3 minutes times 180 seconds = 126 seconds). The level 3 chain will need around 210 seconds of licences per coal.

While a level 1 coal mine will need around 158 seconds of licences per coal. This one is very difficult to calculate, so i just used the data from http://www.siedlertools.de/wiki/Kohl..._K%C3%B6hlerei
    The level 2 coal mine will need around 173 seconds of licences per coal.
    These numbers for the coal mine assume the mine is up 100% of the time (no build time and no geologist time) and that it is not torn down when low.

If you assume you tear every coal mine down when it has 1 or 2 coal left, then it'll come down to around 142 seconds of licences per coal for both level 1 and level 2 coal mines.

All the calculations above ignore the travel times.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    My only question here would be why do people bother smelting iron/steel and making swords out of them. 2 steel swords = 64 coal, 32iron when broken down into pieces. That means that 200 steel swords (which are like ~170 coins roughly atm) equal 6400 coal (which can be easily sold for 20 coins per stack) and 3200 iron (40gc+). I do not see a profit, but then again maybe coal and iron are much much cheaper on newfoundland and swords much much more expensive.

Another example would be iron bars. Stack of iron bars ~100gc = 4800coal/3200iron + the production time (almost forgot). Do the math.

P.S. I only make bronze swords/tools and same as someone here mentioned im not bothering myself with coking plants.

World
    Northisle
    because eventually you'll need it, for example you won't even kill chuck norris with gazillion zerg of recruits.

there's always pro and cons this kind comparison isn't going nowhere, people had their own gameplay style.

PS: I don't even make any swords.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PapiFiveNine View Post
    ....equal 6400 coal (which can be easily sold for 20 coins per stack)...

Another example would be iron bars. Stack of iron bars ~100gc = 4800coal/3200iron + the production time (almost forgot). Do the math.
    Feel free to check prices on this server - there is no chance, ever, that you will sell 400 coal for 20 gc here.

Our market Bible

But that does not really matter. What matter is time.

I will convert my 400 steel, in 30 minutes, for any other resource that I need (choose 3 random of them) - in amount that I, mostly, need at that moment.

How much time will I need to convert 20k coal on trade tab with profit that I seek?

World
    Newfoundland
    Feel free to check prices on this server - there is no chance, ever, that you will sell 400 coal for 20 gc here.
    How wrong you are!!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MrH4m View Post

Our market Bible

But that does not really matter. What matter is time.

I will convert my 400 steel, in 30 minutes, for any other resource that I need (choose 3 random of them) - in amount that I, mostly, need at that moment.

How much time will I need to convert 20k coal on trade tab with profit that I seek?
    Yea, 20k coal and 400 steel is just as equal (sarcasm). The time it takes me to trade coal (which everyone needs, coz they make swords just like you), is the time it takes you to make those swords/steel and i'll earn more. And not because coal is more expensive on northisle, because prices for both are proportionally higher. I dont mind taking my time to trade, the game isnt supposed to be rushed...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    What does the graphics for the coal deposit look like???????????????

Reply to Thread