View Poll Results: Should the battle system change?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change battle system

12 85.71%
  • Keep current system

2 14.29%
Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle system

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs up Battle system

Ok i've been thinking of a few ways to improve the game. First of all the first thing i noticed was the battle system. It is.... im sorry to say pathetic. I've heard a lot of others say the same thing also. Without a proper battle system this game is more like a "real time resource management game" (Game type quoted from a friend lol) And im sorry to say as well without a proper battle system in the game this game will be just like farmville, a battle system or type like that of "Age of empires" or "Lord of the rings battle for middle earth" would make it a lot more interesting and more worth while in using up a vast amount of time rather than having a silly little horse running up the screen into a building and a little scruffus happening and either you win or lose.

If you were able to control indiviual units and use each one to the best of their abilities it would be much better. Also the fact you cannot see your armies you have spent a lot of time saving up for and making is a let down. Something big needs to be done to change it.

I know the game is currently in the beta stages but i would love to see something happen with this game, and unfortunately with a bad battle system this game will remain just like farmville and will never be a true strategy game or anything more significant.

Even if the game doesn't change to a RTS it should atleast be more interactive with its battles.
    Last edited by LukeMan; 21.02.12 at 17:55. Reason: Updating idea

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Giving control over individual units ups the RTS side a whole lot more. Not sure if that's the goal of this game. And with the lag it currently has, I'm not even sure if I'd want that :P. I don't even mind that the battles aren't in realtime.

My biggest problem is that often enough I trample my enemy, killing an entire camp in the first turn. But then the enemy is still able to strike back, even though he has no more HP. Which in turn costs me the lives of (alot) of units. And in my opinion is the damage / hitpoints of some units out of balance.
    I'd say; dead is dead. Don't allow the enemy to return a strike when it reaches 0 HP.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the battle system as it is. I like the "real time resouce management game".

Ojii-San, the enemy and your troops attack at the same time, hence they get to retaliate before they die. You only see them die after they have attacked back, not before.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah i was aware of the potential lag it could have but im sure theres a way around it. When it turns pvp or if this game turns pvp, i dont think it would be interesting the way the game is currently with the battle system it has. For armies to be able to attack armies in a rts manner would be much better. It would be a game that i believe would attract a lot more people with it being slightly more advanced.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbe View Post
    Ojii-San, the enemy and your troops attack at the same time, hence they get to retaliate before they die. You only see them die after they have attacked back, not before.
    If that's the case they should change the replay style/animation. Since it's in beta they could work on conveying this a bit better. I have no objections to what you said. It just looks silly to see a dead army strike back.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojii-San View Post
    If that's the case they should change the replay style/animation. Since it's in beta they could work on conveying this a bit better. I have no objections to what you said. It just looks silly to see a dead army strike back.
    I never saw them as dead, because they only turned red, the loss of troops happened later. It was clear to me (-:

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Im aware that some people like the current types of battle in the game. However i have heard a lot of people on the global chats talking about it needs to be changed.

And yeah i agree it is pretty funny watching a dead army somehow attack back. It is something also that needs to be changed.

I like the thought that the game is currently in beta as it means that there will be changes. So im just throwing my ideasw out there. Some will agree others wont.

But as for real time strategy i think it would be the better type of improvement for the battle system. Right now it is more like yugio or pokemon cards with little pictures fighting,. with the whole concept of the game being just aiming to get resources to build your little cards that get stronger and stronger.

Reply to Thread