View Poll Results: Would you like this suggestion to be a update?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please i'm dieing for it!

8 25.81%
  • I might try this out!

6 19.35%
  • No opinion.

2 6.45%
  • First work the idea out better.

1 3.23%
  • Please don't do this update, because its your own problem.

14 45.16%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The phenomenon: sitter

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb The phenomenon: sitter

heya co-settlers,

After scouting for a while to seek for new updates and changes I came up with the following idea.
    An account-sitter!

But what is An account-sitter for those who do not know?
    An account-sitter is a sitter that is able to do the mainteance on your account.

Why would you need such thing?
    Well its very useful, because now you have to sneak online on your work or just let everything dry out and lose a load of useful recourses or run into problems due to it. And certainly when you go on holiday its very useful.

What can a sitter do?
    An account-sitter will be able to: do your mainteance, recruit your troops, upgrade and many more.

What can't a sitter do?
    He/She will not be able to talk/fight or trade.

Why can't a sitter do more?
    1. Its just a sitter and the account owner should be held responsible for what he buys in order to have a holiday.
    2. Because that could give big issues. (Such as pretending to be the owner and get a ban due talking wrong language and loads of other things that shouldn't be mentioned according the rules.)

Extra additions?
    Yes a scrapbook in order to make the account-sitter more aware of the jobs he has to do and things he has to watch. (this would be nice just beside that suggestion to.)

Any suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by TheDutchFudge; 23.02.12 at 18:37. Reason: something wasnt clear enough.
    -Everyday I´m Settling Settling-

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    100% Agree, sitters are very usefull.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've selected no. I don't want to see this. I work all day and I could use this to have a much better player trade all day long for me - I wont do that so I would be disadvantaged by those that did. Hell for those with time on their hands they could be up a nice stack by offering to be someones daytrader for say 10% of the profit. You end up with a small minority that become huge due to others effort.

BB - Please don't do this.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    As explained ingame. I dont see the need untill PvP comes here, and then it all depends on how PvP will work if this will be needed.
    Ik know the feature from other games. Only realy need em there to defend. The rest is just bonus i dont feel is realy needed.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    I've selected no. I don't want to see this. I work all day and I could use this to have a much better player trade all day long for me - I wont do that so I would be disadvantaged by those that did. Hell for those with time on their hands they could be up a nice stack by offering to be someones daytrader for say 10% of the profit. You end up with a small minority that become huge due to others effort.

BB - Please don't do this.
    In this sugestion the sitter can not trade. So your complaint is invalid.

World
    Newfoundland
    Any idea that brings automation to the game is a bad idea. What's the point in games if the game plays itself?
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

SidV
    Naahhh there is no need for me for such a thing
    A sitter tool would only increase the multi accounts here ... therefore it would be perfect.
    For a normal player its useless, my opinion.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SidV View Post
    Naahhh there is no need for me for such a thing
    A sitter tool would only increase the multi accounts here ... therefore it would be perfect.
    For a normal player its useless, my opinion.
    Your complaint is invalid. the sitter would be a person, most likely a friend or a member off your guild (which makes guilds more useful, as they can help you in this) yes it could help multi accounts, but as you can't attack or trade, not much point and i am sure they would put a limit to the amount off times it can be used in a certain time limit like other games have, to stop this.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarious View Post
    Your complaint is invalid. the sitter would be a person, most likely a friend or a member off your guild (which makes guilds more useful, as they can help you in this) yes it could help multi accounts, but as you can't attack or trade, not much point and i am sure they would put a limit to the amount off times it can be used in a certain time limit like other games have, to stop this.
    They don't like people with multiple accounts and having access to multiple accounts. So sharing your details with a friend or guild member would violate that ruling.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    It's not meant to use every day, but just when you are on holiday. When you are just away for a week or 2. You could also just create this tool with a maximum of "sittertime", I mean, that your account only can be sitted for 3 weeks a year or something like that...
    Last edited by Luuk_The_Great; 24.02.12 at 08:45. Reason: I made a mistake:P

Reply to Thread