Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wished for graphical implementations!

World
    Northisle

Wished for implementations!

Greetings team!
    I have a few things i would like to see implemented to the game as it progress.

Graphical suggestions
    • The ability to clear shrubbery and stumps
    • Paving. or rather, cobbelstone areas to gain more of a city feeling.
    • Walls / Fences (not the wimpy bag-walls in gem shop but proper ones with gates)
    • Planting decorative trees
    A player friendly way would be to make these available trough a high end building like a cityscape office or the like.
    It could be sold in the Gem shop like the Silo and Watermill's etc.
    I imagine it as a supply house version.
    Have Fir wood and planks be needed for fences, and planks+stone for walls.
    Stone could be used to make gravel or cobbelstone to fill up areas you don't want grass covered etc (for making a town square for example).
    • Placement help - Grid / highlight to get a better visible aid when planning build areas - Implemented
    • A new look to Garrison (currently it looks like a traveling circus) thank you Hoo-jima for pointing it out.

Trade system suggestion
    It became several ideas so i felt it deserved it's own topic..
    • Fixed amount to trade. (I want to offer 8000 out of 12000 fir logs for trade as an example)
    • Multiple trade payments (say i offer 400 fir planks and accept several different types of payments)
    • Price per unit (a minimum of 1 paid of-course)
    • Automatic trade system once a buyer completes the transaction. (no need for the trade offer'er to accept)

PVP Suggestion

I'm trying to outline my suggestion on how the PVP could be implemented. It consists of several idea types that is listed.
    Seeing as PVP will be optional war will not be waged on isles inhabited by players homes. This must mean that we get new lands to wage war on.
    I see this as an indication of there being GVG(Guild vs Guild) wars as seen in a few different iterations.
    • King of the hill isle. Capture a isle's stronghold before your enemies and hold it for a certain amount of time. The reward is then a pre-built isle with exotic materials. To not make any drastic changes to the game mechanics the materials will be stored in a storehouse and accessed via trade from a provisions house (individual provision house trades would be necessary/or instant trades)
    • Realm vs Realm. Occupy a territory in a enormous map and wage war over new sectors with rival guilds.
    • Isle wars! que up for a X day tournament to conquer a miniature map versus 1 -3 opponents. build towers, claim sectors, raze your enemies camps.. Victory would be calculated at the end of tournament or if all opponents are conquered. EXP and spoils would be divided instantaneous after each fight.(successfully defending your camp would count as a win)

Other suggestions
    • An ability to slow down production as to not overproduce. (Like the on demand button of settlers 7) - thank you Zelkina for the suggestion
    • Several map areas: Isle (personal isle) Sector (neighbors and unclaimed territory) and World map(Sectors outside your own)It's all dependant on how PVP is implemented of course
    • A Technology house as presented by Luuk_the_great's thread here
    • NPC factions in Sector / World class with the possibility to earn diplomacy and gaining favors with each rank of status, better trades compared to Provisions house, for example. (Hard Wood Planks upgraded to Exotic planks for example)
    • Rebuildable deposits - 1 click rebuild on depleted deposits (wheat field/well) outside of the build que (like an upgrade).
    • An option to prioritize deposits for Stone/Marble masons and Farms.
    • Economy aid as presented by NoMuerto's thread

Approved by: SirRoy
    Last edited by Scrooge; 05.10.12 at 19:58. Reason: added wishes
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Agree

World
    Northisle
    He`s in my clan /drool

And yes, he`s uber cool too!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Well i was thinking along the same lines there scrooge .... more control over where to build things and where to have forests etc would be a massive improvement and could be a profit maker if you make it available as a gem purchase, however i know this would mean MAJOR coding ( hence the profitability would need to be there ).

Love all the ideas there.

World
    Northisle
    i would also like to ask for an improvement on the garrison there must b a better to have his icon a couple of shabby tents and that's all he deserves better with all the work he does for you 3 boring tents they could quite easily be turned into some thing better with little bit of colour especially his he's got a little badge on it make it bright and bold so everyone knows that's his tent.
    I also believe the barracks could look better because at the moment it looks like a large house with a tower stuck on the side they could have a couple of buildings with a little training ground on one side and that would look a lot more realistic as well
    Last edited by Hoo-jima; 03.03.12 at 14:37.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    I approve this message.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to see production yards with ! (exclamation points) to have a non working building animation (freeze frame) that way its more realistic.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The ability to clear shrubbery and stumps is a must I was looking at other peoples maps and the the placeing of shrubbery is different from map to map and I seem to goa sucky map with regard to shrubbery

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with you.

What I also would like to be added to the game, is the option to move buildings.
    the only option you have right now, destroy the building and rebuild it somewhere else.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by FauSt0 View Post
    I agree with you.

What I also would like to be added to the game, is the option to move buildings.
    the only option you have right now, destroy the building and rebuild it somewhere else.
    That feature is confirmed to be implemented! Luckily
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Reply to Thread