Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gold Mine

World
    Northisle

Gold Mine

As many discussions on forums has pointed out it is hardly worth building a gold mine for non gem users, even with buff... As the goldmines has little or and cost a lot to produce.. I suggest raising the amount of ore a bit, say to 400 or 500 or making a way fx in provision house to replenish gold mines.

World
    Newfoundland
    As a non-Gem user, I have to disagree.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Northisle
    I have to agree with Tierarzt. Im also a non gem player, and i think thats too early to change this, because it can ruin whole economy. Its hard to get coins, that why they are so valueable. It's fine for me.
    Last edited by Risordo; 25.02.12 at 13:13.
    Risordo
    ELDER OF BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brotherhood of Steel is now open for Initiates! Check details HERE

World
    Northisle
    Hmm if u have noticed trade lately, the problem is that everyone wants gold and nobody wanna give it... So think it is turning maybe a little too valuable..

World
    Northisle
    Still there's lots of other trades, but I think a tendency is rising... But maybe wait and see as it could be just a lot of people transitioning in to higher level play..

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    i think it is a bit weird tbh... to form a guild you need 3000 coins.... to get this is stupidly high... if you are skilled and buff mine/smelter/coinage you can turn 300ore into 300coins... but is it really worth the cost? it doesnt seem reasonable to make a guild, or reasonable to get gold... especially as its in such high demand for upgrade... and you cant get much, if to upgrade it was 10g and 200 marble ect, and guild was 300 not 3000. then 37 or 300 fully buffed mine seems a lot more reasonable. but thats just me. i do see how it could ruin the economy off the game. my only hope is that if they dont change it then when they add things like pvp ect the make it easier to get /or you receive large amounts of gc to win them ect

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    There has to be some bottlenecks in these types of games otherwise players will reach max lvl and done everything to soon, stop playing and using money. They need paying costumers to keep the game running.....

The game is free to play, but if noone pays to play the game will be terminated.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, this is a working bussines model in these types of games. But the game balancing shud be well made, and the reason to pay for something in this game shud be better than gold mines. if devs do such prices for gold mining then take that building for higher level players only, to expert menu etc. Why to add it so soon when the income of this level players is so weak? i can understand that every developer thinks about proffits that will be made within this game, but i cant understand why they just refuses to balance the game and make better extras to be like more pluses, special addons that will make super dupper player in front of hes friends. By eliminating one of the resources is not a good idea at all.. Why? You all see what is happening in the market. Gold is dominating.. Soon it will be only gold for anything and that will be big failure in this game. some of people becouse of this already thinking to quit gaming (in early beta stages). Yes there are alot of technical bugs in the "to-do" list but use logic and watch how the game is evolving by itself, adjust some of the settings and go to perfection. Blizzard took 10 years to get starcraft (first one) perfect. But from the start there where a bunch of balancing adjustments. Thats what i miss in this game development. Btw Blizzard made same things with the starcraft 2, and you know what? people still keep on buying it.. Becouse they know no matter what there are very smart team that knows how to balance games and make skills to be dominating not the money. wel.. thats only my thoughts... maybe it was useful to someone.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarious View Post
    i do see how it could ruin the economy off the game.
    Ironically enough its gold production (and not granite/ exo planks supply) what keeps everyone from having a fully upgraded village and reaching absurd resource production. Without it everyone would be just capable of making enough of everything they need, basically killing the purpose of trading and any human interaction in general.

And if you want to know what kind of absurd im talking about, on my lvl47 account I can produce around 1300 recruits a day without stretching my economy or buying anything, and I barely have half of my buildings upgraded to level 5.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Right now the Gold Coins production is a feature "ONLY" for the gem players and there's no doubt. Just take a look at the gem players, you'll notice that the more gems people have, the more they are focused on Gold Coins production, the less they have, the less they pay attention to it. I say either fix it, or put the Gold mine/smelter/coinage themselves in the gem shop so at least we know what we're doing ,

Reply to Thread