Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 171 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1708

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I did The Nords now, and there was a intercept on camp 13, by 2 Housecarl (dont know where did they came from). As a result, I lost 122 S and 74 C (and 1 General ofc).

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    From C to Camp 6) 40 Milita Deserters, 20 Soldier Deserters, 40 Cavalry Deserters, 60 Longbowman Deserters
    VETERAN general: 110R 140K ( Average lost 105 R )

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks to PrincessAlly for the nords guide for vets Like it :-)

Just wondering if Tage has had a mo to do a Nords guide for vets w/o xbows? Am a big fan of your guides :-) so am looking forward to trying out Nords for the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    From D to Camp 7) 1 Metal Tooth, 2 Skunks
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [18R 1S 181LB (6R - 13R - 18R)] {50 seconds of fighting}
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [18R 1S 101B 80LB (6R - 13R - 18R)] {50 seconds of fighting}
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [3R 1S 156LB 40XB (0R - 1R - 3R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [3R 1S 196XB (0R - 1R - 3R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [3R 1S 91B 105XB (0R - 1R - 3R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [3R 1S 246LB (0R - 2R - 3R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [3R 1S 96B 150LB (0R - 2R - 3R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [1R 1S 113LB 135XB (0R - 1R - 1R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [1R 1S 248XB (0R - 1R - 1R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [1R 1S 69B 179XB (0R - 1R - 1R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [1E 114LB 135XB (-)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [1E 249XB (-)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [1E 70B 179XB (-)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    hi Tage!

If you put 1K in these setups (Outlaws) the attack time would be 10 sec less which gives more confidence on this attack!
    e.g.
    VETERAN general: [1R 1S 247XB 1K (0R - 1R - 1R)] {30 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [1E 248XB 1K(-)] {30 seconds of fighting}

cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by pi314tyu; 16.07.13 at 13:31. Reason: missed adv info

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

New round block on camp 5 in WotS

Hi Tage!

I've done a round block on camp 5 in WotS, while attacking camp 6, and thought I'd share it with you. It works for vet gen, don't know for normal gen, and saves the 42-45 R you'd otherwise loose on that camp.

Positioning of generals:
    • Normal general at the next-to-leftmost possible position (not the one isolated furthest to the left, but the one to its right, also an isolated spot). Troops: 52S and 12B (4 rounds of fighting)
    • Veteran general on 2 positions right of the normal gen (on the bigger patch, one step right of its left edge). Troops: same as vet gen when attacking camp 6 in your guide.

Send the normal general first, and the veteran general right after.

Will try to submit screenshots later or the positions, I know they might be hard to understand explained in just words.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelaine View Post
    Hi Tage!

I've done a round block on camp 5 in WotS, while attacking camp 6, and thought I'd share it with you. It works for vet gen, don't know for normal gen, and saves the 42-45 R you'd otherwise loose on that camp.

Positioning of generals:
    • Normal general at the next-to-leftmost possible position (not the one isolated furthest to the left, but the one to its right, also an isolated spot). Troops: 52S and 12B (4 rounds of fighting)
    • Veteran general on 2 positions right of the normal gen (on the bigger patch, one step right of its left edge). Troops: same as vet gen when attacking camp 6 in your guide.

Send the normal general first, and the veteran general right after.

Will try to submit screenshots later or the positions, I know they might be hard to understand explained in just words.
    The block doesn't need to be with a Veteran general, it can be any fast general. The battle lasts one round (30 seconds with fast general) regardless.

Your block setup is not optimal, because it gives a chance for an 80-second fight (4 rounds with loss). If you can find out the marching time of your fast general, from the moment when the blocking general starts his battle, that would help with a potential block. (Marching time is number of flags times 10/3.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    With 54S you would have a block with a certain victory, and a battle that lasts 3-4 rounds.
    That could be enough, but would be a very tight one...
    Walking across the red influcence area of camp 5 alone takes more than 3 rounds for the general heading for camp 6.
    The block with 54S seems doable, but if you could count some flags and check the time that would be nice.

It would probably be feasible with Cannoneers though...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmogDude View Post
    The block doesn't need to be with a Veteran general, it can be any fast general. The battle lasts one round (30 seconds with fast general) regardless.

Your block setup is not optimal, because it gives a chance for an 80-second fight (4 rounds with loss). If you can find out the marching time of your fast general, from the moment when the blocking general starts his battle, that would help with a potential block. (Marching time is number of flags times 10/3.)
    I know, but I haven't been able to find one with a longer fight. Any suggestions other than the 54S (see below)?

Quote Originally Posted by SmogDude View Post
    The block with 54S seems doable, but if you could count some flags and check the time that would be nice.

It would probably be feasible with Cannoneers though...
    54S would give a quite large probability of a 3 round fight. Would the victory countdown make up for that?

World
    Newfoundland
    hi all. Back Im updating this guide thursday or friday after relaxing couple days

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelaine View Post
    I know, but I haven't been able to find one with a longer fight. Any suggestions other than the 54S (see below)?

54S would give a quite large probability of a 3 round fight. Would the victory countdown make up for that?
    The victory countdown lasts 40 seconds, the equivalent of 2 rounds. Thus, 3 rounds with victory lasts 20 seconds longer than 4 rounds without.

The following are the longest I can find:

1M 53S (120 seconds, 4.5% chance of 100 seconds)
    1S 52E (120 seconds)

If you have the Elite Soldiers the block is quite fine. If you don't, it can be quite tight, but doable, based on what Tage posted about walking time.

If you could verify the walking time, you could see whether 100 seconds is enough.

EDIT: I also noticed that Camp 8 can be round-blocked if you have a fast general.

Camp 8: 80 Cultists, 60 Dark Priests
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [1S 190C (-)] {140-220 seconds of fighting, 0.05% chance of 120 seconds}

Camp 9: 40 Cultists, 120 Shadowsneakers, 1 Dark High Priest
    BATTLE HARDENED general: [120R 80S (107R - 120R 2S - 120R 16S)] {70-80 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [105R 145S (66R - 96R - 105R)] {50-60 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [78R 102S 70E (66R - 76R - 78R 1S)] {50 seconds of fighting}

I THINK that should be enough time.
    Last edited by SmogDude; 17.07.13 at 18:58.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Killste View Post
    hi all. Back Im updating this guide thursday or friday after relaxing couple days
    Hiya mate and welcome home from Japan!
    Too bad I'm on holiday right now, and cannot actively do much more than pop a few balloons...

Regarding Witch of the Swamp... I've already ages ago planned for an update of it...
    I uploaded the new images to Photobucket already around Easter, but never got the urge nor time to update the guide...

Being on holiday I currently cannot check the block setups I made, but I can show you the block placements at least:

Camp 1:

Camps 2 and 3:
    This block will be only for those NOT having a veteran general:

Camp 4:

Camps 5 and 6:

Camps 7, 8 and 9:
    The full block will be only for those having cannoneers:

I'll try to update the guide as soon as I can... maybe on a rainy day...
    Last edited by Tage; 17.07.13 at 21:31.

Reply to Thread