Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 171 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1708

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    is there a actual total list of what troops are needed for dark brotherhood i looked a couple times and cant see a list of required troops needed for the full version

World
    Newfoundland
    The addon bit for BK . .

http://prntscr.com/242ip5

i have tried this several times now and every time the 1R block ends too soon and camp 5 intercepts my general costing me unnecessary casualties i think i will, stick with the first version as i get that to work almost every time (unless i am really badly lagging)
    Last edited by Jugglaz; 14.11.13 at 12:52.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugglaz View Post
    The addon bit for BK . .

http://prntscr.com/242ip5

i have tried this several times now and every time the 1R block ends too soon and camp 5 intercepts my general costing me unnecessary casualties i think i will, stick with the first version as i get that to work almost every time (unless i am really badly lagging)
    Are you sending the generals right after each other? I'm having no issues with this block.. Seven times used it, seven times worked... In any case, whenever your generals gets intercepted just retire them as soon as possible!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I too would say this is very good! Thankyou PrincessAlly you have saved many a general as a result of your excellent work here!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    is there a actual total list of what troops are needed for dark brotherhood i looked a couple times and cant see a list of required troops needed for the full version
    The one i´ve made for my own personal use requires 2095 , 38 , 100 , 250 , 1080 , 821 , 162 and 150
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    EDIT:
    DON'T USE THIS GUIDE ANYMORE, CAMPS HAVE CHANGED. FOLLOW THIS INSTEAD:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...d=1#post247176

More Secluded Experiments

PART 1

Adventure Type: event adventure (to be verified)
    Where to get: Christmas Shop
    Adventure Cost: 95 christmas presents
    Difficulty: 7/10 ( [ removed ] , how can this be true?)
    Number of players: 2
    Duration: 10 days
    Infinite: true (can be bought without any limit)

Map:

About the adventure:

Whoever invented this adventure, in my opinion, had really a bad moment when setting a few camps here.
    This adventure, to me, is very interesting and possibly one of the most challenging I've ever done.. However, what is going on with the last two camps? Some of these leaders are insanely unfair even for a major general with cannon and, by the way, general positions here are just CRUCIAL and, at the start, there is not really much space even to block camps.

Anyway, this guide will be splitted in two parts.

Note that some of the leader camps will be skipped because there just are NO REASONS to WASTE troups on some of them.

This guide is actually aimed for VETERAN GENERAL WITH CROSSBOWS AND ELITES; If you don't own a veteran general and don't own crossbows and elite I won't personally recommend you to do this adventure.
    Also, a couple of BATTLE HARDENED GENERALS will be needed.

This part of the guide will cover the whole part until the first dark cult leader camp.

Some blocks may be done with cannoneers, but It's not really worth risk losing 5-40 cannoneers, in my humble opinion. That's why we're just using blocks where it's actually quite safe to use them.

Anyway, let's move on. We're starting from sector 2.

==> SECTOR 2

This sector only requires a round block.

Follow the following attack scheme (setup your generals like indicated below and place your generals in this way) :

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL - 40 20 140 (6-12 rounds of fighting => min. 120 secs)
    B - VETERAN GENERAL - 130 120 [90 - 119 loss] (1-2 rounds of fighting => max. 20 secs battle)
    C - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL - 20 140 (5-9 rounds of fighting => min. 100 secs)

IMPORTANT: Send general A first, count to 4, send general B, count to 5, send general C.

Everything should go pretty well and, even in the worst case, there are about 10-15 seconds of margin (general B takes about 48 seconds to reach the leader's camp).

==> SECTOR 1

This sector is unfairly easy compared to the previous one and only one round block is needed.

Follow this scheme, positioning the generals exactly in this way, and setup the troups like indicated below:

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL - 40 100 (4-9 rounds of fighting => min. 80 secs)
    B - VETERAN GENERAL - 150 100 [132 - 150 1 loss] (2 rounds of fighting => max. 20 secs battle)

Send general A first, Count to 3 (if you're scared, count to 5) and send general B.

This block is very easy and I'm pretty sure it's quite hard to fail this block. Even if the battle for the veteran general takes 20 seconds, you still have a margin of about 20 long seconds.

==> SECTOR 4

This sector [ was bad ] and I'm quite sad that I wasn't able to find any way to do any block.

The problem is located in the leader camp (80, 1 big bertha) which cannot be defeated in less than 6 rounds without cannons.

Now, even if you have cannons, killing this camp in one wave means using a minimum amount of 200 cannoneers, risking to lose 5 to 40 of them (which is not safe, in my hopinion).

That's why we are (sadly) defeating each camp:

First bandit camp:
    VETERAN GENERAL - 50 20 160 20 [44 - 50 3]

Second bandit camp:
    VETERAN GENERAL - 70 140 40 [52 - 65]

Bandit Leader Camp:
    VETERAN GENERAL - 70 80 100 [42 - 57]

Considering there are no blocks, 150 are an accettable solution, for istance, for this sector.

==> SECTOR 7

Ok, this sector is going to be very interesting.

Killing the leader camp of Sector 8 is actually not worth.

Considering it has 2 bandit camps that needs to be blocked and considering that this [ camp ] has a big bertha and 150 militia, I don't even think a major general with cannons can actually defeat this camp without sacrificing cannoneer.

So, since there are no reasons to destroy this camp, we're going to clear sector 7 which must be cleared in order to end the adventure (while sector 8 mustn't).

First position your generals in this way:

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL
    B - BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL or VETERAN GENERAL (i'll check if normal general is safe too)
    C - VETERAN GENERAL

However, before attacking sector 7, we will need to clear the path to reach it, by having to defeat the only camp that can intercept us.

This camp, unluckily, however, if attacked directly, will make our general intercepted by another camp.

So, attack the dark cult leader camp: your general will be intercepted and will the defeat the camp that is intercetting him.

Once he finished the battle, RETREAT HIM IMMEDIATLY:

C - VETERAN GENERAL - 70 20 120 40 [57 - 70 loss]

Now, the path is cleared to reach the dark cult leader camp, but there still is a camp next to it that can intercept us.

In order to proceed, keep the positions indicated above and setup your generals in this way:

A - NORMAL BLOCKING GENERAL - 20 40 100 (6-10 rounds of fighting) (min. 120 secs)
    B - BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL - 100 [100 loss] (1 round battle) (max 10 secs)
    C - VETERAN GENERAL - 70 20 120 40 [70 4 - 70 13 loss] (3 rounds - max 30 secs)

Send general A, COUNT UP TO 5 (It's a safe block, you can count also up to 10), then send B and C right after each other.

this block is absolutely safe so don't send generals B and C too fast. I really recommend to wait about 5 seconds before sending both of them.

Last sectors will be finished in the second part of the guide.
    Last edited by bri0sheje; 02.01.14 at 12:09.

World
    Northisle
    interesting... nice work
    Last edited by Polymer; 16.11.13 at 16:02.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    More Secluded Experiments

PART 2

There we are with part 2 folks!

Before starting, I just want to tell you that this adventure has really dropped me to a total state of insanity.

The block you will see there is a quite strange block that took me over two hours to came up with.

Take it with care, even though it should be pretty safe!

==> SECTOR 9

Ok.

For whatever reason, someone decided to put a camp in the middle of the swamp of sector 9 (which is apparently ok).

The problem, however, actually comes when the leader camp of this sector is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from this camp, forcing us to believe that round blocks would not be the solution.

After a few checks, I wondered if 1 block would have worked, but there really are no ways to do that.

That's why, after a thousand of tries, I found a way to block the camp, even if the positions of the geerals are still a problem (due to the multiple paths that they may follow).

This is what I came up with:

Place your generals in this way:

General B is VETERAN GENERAL while General A MUST BE NORMAL GENERAL.

Now, there are two ways to setup your generals, according to what you feel you can lose:

1) Safe way: [ I'm scared, I don't want this block to fail for any reason!!!! ]

B - VETERAN GENERAL - 10 20 80 140 [10 14 - 10 20 3 loss] (1 round of fighting)
    A - BLOCKING NORMAL GENERAL - 20 20 60 100 (9-15 rounds of fighting) (min. 180 secs block)

2) Unsafe way (which I recommend, worked twice for me)

B - VETERAN GENERAL - 70 80 100 [47 - 69 loss] (2 round of fighting)
    A - BLOCKING NORMAL GENERAL - 20 20 60 100 (9-15 rounds of fighting) (min. 180 secs block)

While you're thinking about what setups you want to apply, this is what we're going to do:

Now, since positioning here was a big deal, send general A first to the middle camp (the camp that need to be blocked), WAIT A MINIMUM AMOUNT OF 18 SECONDS then send general B.

If you don't suffer bad lags, general B takes about 120 seconds to reach the leader's camp from the moment where general A starts fighting.

==> SECTOR 5

Now, since Sector 9 is free, put a veteran general in any position you want, next sector is quite a joke.

Just an idea:

Aaaand attack the leader camp of Sector 5 (L6 into tactical map of the previous post) with these troups:

VETERAN GENERAL - 90 100 60 [60 - 81 loss]

Compared to the previous sectors, this one was just hilarious, wasn't it?

==> SECTOR 3

What was saved in the previous sector, however, is going to be used here.

This sector is painful.

If you're quite impressed about the losses you had until now, this sector will probably bring you to suicide.

Do you remember old times doing The dark brotherhood sacrificing thousand of cavalry? that's about the same thing.

Anyway, let's move on.

First of all, but not less important, we have to take care about positions here.

Having at least 10 generals here is recommended. Also, It's also recommended that two of them are Veteran general. If not, you will need a minimum amount of 2 hours to do this sector.

PLEASE WAIT, DON' T USE THIS GUIDE FROM THERE ANYMORE BECAUSE CAMPS OF THIS SECTOR HAVE CHANGED!

I've made this picture to show all the possible positions that can be used to DON'T get intercepted in ANY WAY by the bandit camp on the left.

Position your general in some of these positions:

In the first attack, we will have to do two waves to the camp on the right:

If you're familiar with Roaring Bull adventure, this camp will remind you the witch tower on south. The difference is that in roaring bull it was a leader's camp, in this adventure it's just a camp.

For this camp, setup your generals in this way:

A - VETERAN GENERAL - 225 [225 loss]
    B - BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL or ANY GENERAL - 194 [ - no losses ]

Send generals right after each other or wait until A finishes the battle, then send B.

The next camp, luckily, can be done with only one wave:

C - VETERAN GENERAL - 190 20 40 [172 - 188 loss]

Now, the leader's camp is going to be quite long to do.

Because of the dancing dervishes, this camp is going to steal you about 700.

This camp requires 5 waves, resumed in this scheme:

All generals can be BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL or ANY GENERAL with the exception of general C, which MUST be VETERAN GENERAL.

Wave 1: BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL or ANY GENERAL: 200 [200 loss]
    Wave 2: BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL or ANY GENERAL: 200 [200 loss]
    Wave 3: BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL or ANY GENERAL: 200 [200 loss]
    Wave 4: BATTLE HARDENED GENERAL or ANY GENERAL: 110 [110 loss]
    Wave 5: VETERAN GENERAL: 130 20 80 20 [110 - 120 loss]

And there you are, you've successfully beaten this adventure!

After a few calculations, max losses should be 1039 36 10 225 1 813.

Loot:

Experience you'll get following this guide: about 25100 XP

I'm really hoping that this loot was a bug or something and that in the next update it will be changed. If not, just ignore this adventure unless you want to do some challenging blocks!
    Last edited by bri0sheje; 13.12.13 at 08:49. Reason: used app to set troups images

World
    Northisle
    hmm, SE was always a troops sinkhole, all that made it acceptable were thr quests giving extra loot and the chance for Angel Gate.
    Expected the SE2 to be also a troops drainer and it is. Except for the cavalry the losses aren`t that big, yet the loot isn`t something acceptable to play it for, perhaps there is another epic building hidden in the loot .... I hope.
    Very nice work bri0sheje.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer View Post
    hmm, SE was always a troops sinkhole, all that made it acceptable were thr quests giving extra loot and the chance for Angel Gate.
    Expected the SE2 to be also a troops drainer and it is. Except for the cavalry the losses aren`t that big, yet the loot isn`t something acceptable to play it for, perhaps there is another epic building hidden in the loot .... I hope.
    Very nice work bri0sheje.
    Thanks Polymer!

What looks quite strange in this adventure is, in fact, that the loot is apparently the same as "return to the bandit's nest". Perhaps they didn't yet decide what to put into the loot so, as a temporary solution, they copied and parsed the same loot here?

In any case, I think with cannoneer you can actually save a few recruits (about 200-300 recruits can probably be saved here), but I'm not positive about the fact that more camp may be skipped by blocking with cannoneers :P.

I'll check this adventure again someday, now I'll stick with "The stolen Sleight"!

Reply to Thread