Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I will add some more suicidal attacks to Outlaws with MoMA + 1R

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tage, perhaps you should start an own collected adventure guides thread as this thread's been quite messy now and Killste's not updating the first post as befit a sticked thread.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Sons of the Veld
    Camp 24)
    MAJOR general: [54R 1E 202C 14K (38R - 46R - 54R)]
    You mean 201C, right?

Also, why risk some S when there are safer options?
    Like..
    78R 1S 1E 129C 33A 28K vs. 1MG 50RB 80WL

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Troops needed (losses)..
    ~1189 R (~-1150)
    238 S (0-16 - send some more, if unlucky losing any.)
    155 ES
    535 C (-50)
    101 XB
    173 K

Suggests new pathing..
    G4 spoiler setup
    G5 normal generals (85R 115S)
    G5 2nd block
    G5 1st block
    G1 spoiler setup
    G6
    G2 sacrifice BHG 50C
    Call in LS - attack Camp 12 with MMA 1R from LZ
    G5 take down Camp 12
    G7
    G9

Check spoiler for alternative garrisons for G9
    Spoiler
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 30.04.14 at 17:11.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hereby my first go on playing motherly love with MMA, vet and cannons, heavily reducing cavalerycosts at the cost of some hours recuperation of the MMA.

Motherly Love
    Optional 1R Blocks
    Average Losses (veteran with crossbows): 73R 3M 44S 328C
    Average Losses (veteran with cannons): 73R 51M 328C
    example losses (MMA and vet with cannons): 45R 49M 14S 1E 239C

Troops needed:
    45R, 61M, 15S, 199E, 239C, 196K with two hour wait or wait four hours and loose even less C;
    47R, 61M, 15S, 199E, 205C, 196K

Attack on t1
    D: Veteran general 42R 9M 199E (42R 1M) (in reviewing this adaption to your guide start of with veteran on F instead of D)
    I allmost allways will use your (Tage/Killste guide) average number for the lower cost troops and use a higher sort to fill in the rest as this will result in fewer kills total and also increases the stretch the last defenders have to make to kill another attacker, first these were mostly S or M nowadays i will, depending of averages, even resort to using E for this purpose to have maximum possible stretch between extra deaths. (One exception on this will be attacking defenders which attack lowest hitpoints first, never use S and E then in combo's with K since only M will take the same hitpoints as K)
    Block 1 (Use same timing as in Original guide)
    A: normal general; 1R (1R)
    B: Master of Martial arts; 14S 1E 205C (14S 1E 205C 1MMA) killed 50 gunner and 38 petty officer
    (if any chosen set-up kills at least 36 petty officer no extra calculations are needed and you will be able to kill the remaining 14 petty officer in 2 1R suicide MMA waves.)

Optimize Cavalery numbers to kill off remaining petty officers during 2 hour wait time:
    Move MMA to location D (first move Vet to F, or start of with vet on F if you like)

Block 2
    C: normal general; 1R (1R)
    D: Master of Martial arts; 34C (34C) killed 12 petty officer
    Had a real slim chance on killing only 11 petty officer, but average was a round 12 so i took the 1C spared

Lootspot (AND POSSIBLE EXTRA BLOCK)

Now is the time to invite a friend to get the other lootspot.
    You should let your friend attack Camp 1 from Landing Zone 1 with 1R, thus killing 2 gunmen.

Now you must also check to see what units remain in Camp 3.
    Only Wild Mary and her Crazy Cook should still be alive at this stage.
    This is very important. Otherwise you will lose quite a few longbows or crossbows on the last block and attack.

There is a small chance that not all Petty Officers have been killed.
    Depending on your calculations for attack 2 and chance taking there could be 1 (i hope you din't chance it more then 1 :P) Petty Officer left
    So, if we would still have surviving Petty Officers,
    you will have to send one extra block and attack (e.g. from garrisons A and B) at this stage,
    with the setup of general B depending on the number of Petty Officers remaining (1, 2 or 3).

Send both generals right after each other:

From A to Camp 2) 100 Caltrops, 100 Petty Officers 2nd Class
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [1R (1R)]

From B to Camp 3) 1 Wild Mary, 1 Crazy Cook, 1 Petty Officer 2nd Class
    ANY general: [10C (10C)]

From B to Camp 3) 1 Wild Mary, 1 Crazy Cook, 2 Petty Officers 2nd Class
    ANY general: [18C (18C)]

From B to Camp 3) 1 Wild Mary, 1 Crazy Cook, 3 Petty Officers 2nd Class
    ANY general: [25C (25C)]

Note that these extra horses are not accounted for in the needed troops.
    You could wait 2 more hours and send the MMA in with 1R to finish up to 7 Petty Officers guaranteed
    This could also be calculated for in block 2, if you think yourself to be the patient kind.
    (After two times 2 hours waittime, general A would have been woken up anyways and you would be needing 4 block attacks out of the three possible locations A, C and E)
    So deviding the 12Petty officers into two (MMA +1R) suicides would save at least another 35C and possibly some troops (C and/or replacing S with R) in block 1 (as long as your gettig 2 rounds out of your MMA there) at the expense of 2 extra hours patience.

Garrison Position G1 (LAST BLOCK)
    • Position E: NORMAL general
    • Position F: VETERAN general or ANY general
    Send both generals right after each other
    E: normal general; 1R (1R)
    F: veteran general; 52M 1S 1E 196K (48M)

I Hope after fully reading my working through this adventure you can see how thaughts coming up in typing the piece on killling 7 Petty officers in one (MMA+ 1R) wave, have influenced me in editing some of the earlier stuff which makes it a bit less coherent.

OW and real thanks for these utterly detailed and finely worked out guides!!!! I find myself sometimes using different setups nowadays but that's because i couldn't be bothered so much anymore with losses(chances) i would wheep on in level 39 through 45 when i starting using your guides and learned blocking.
    Last edited by Bertolucci79; 01.05.14 at 02:08.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, of course, that's what I did for those alternative setups.
    Ow i missed those setups as being different from the ones mentioned by alkbr when reading and posting my remark on the more canonneers to Sir Robin.

World
    Newfoundland
    Tage, perhaps you should start an own collected adventure guides thread as this thread's been quite messy now and Killste's not updating the first post as befit a sticked thread.
    I have considered it, and will keep considering, I guess...

You mean 201C, right?
    Nope, seems like I meant 13K

Also, why risk some S when there are safer options?
    Like..
    78R 1S 1E 129C 33A 28K vs. 1MG 50RB 80WL
    My setup lacked 2R... had a total of 268 units.
    Clearly there should have been 78R instead of 76R.

The reason for the 2S (instead of 1S) is that I do simulate these attacks against these units more than 5,000 times, occasionally up to 100,000 times. Asipak's simulator stops after a maximum of 2,200 simulations, which is why I mostly use this simulator, and increase the number of repetitions. The enemy units have such a poor hit percentage as 60%. That however also means that the difference can be rather big those times when they are really lucky.
    Last edited by Tage; 01.05.14 at 11:04.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    sov new map with two vets for garrison one. from y to camp two using mma put in soldiers and lost lots, did with elites and lost none, i think the write up is mistaken

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    A better option for Black Knights final dark castle (camp 18 with block) using Master of Martial Arts is 89R, 4E and 127K. This will be 3 or 4 rounds; faster than the other options currently shown in the guide. Losses 66 to 88R are a little higher than the minimum but not much and a good price to pay for the faster kill time.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cagee View Post
    sov new map with two vets for garrison one. from y to camp two using mma put in soldiers and lost lots, did with elites and lost none, i think the write up is mistaken
    Something must have gone wrong with that attack. Even after 100,000 simulations, the chance of losing even 1S is neglible.
    Could you replay the battle report and check that you had the correct number of troops and the correct consist, [85R 135S]?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMuffin View Post
    A better option for Black Knights final dark castle (camp 18 with block) using Master of Martial Arts is 89R, 4E and 127K. This will be 3 or 4 rounds; faster than the other options currently shown in the guide. Losses 66 to 88R are a little higher than the minimum but not much and a good price to pay for the faster kill time.
    Added as an option, with a slight modification, replaced some R with M (in order to pretect the cannoneers) and added 1S. This last addition will ensure that the tower is demolished in 3 rounds. Also reduced the number of elites to 1E (one is enough to help partaking in the castle demollishment):

MASTER of Martial Arts: [86R 2M 1S 1E 130K (62R - 73R - 86R 2M)] {60-70 seconds of fighting}

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks you guys for these guides and great job updating them with the MMA setups. I couldn´t do it myself, but i do have a small request. Could you add the Max Troops required for the MMA version?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

Reply to Thread