Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 171 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The opening post mentions that Island of pirates works with the new pathing, but it is not possible to place garisons at the locations for the 2nd and 3rd block. For the 2nd block there is an easy fix by placing both camp A and B 1 position downward, but for the 3rd block I didn't see any easy solution. I just killed the camp instead.

World
    Newfoundland
    yeh I know, sorry about that
    sigh, i try to test it again....... thanks for information

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tage, yes it was me that helped a bit with the stfr.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    The attack route between traps T6 and T7 was suggested to me by Faststriker. Thanks my friend!
    This route has become available thanks to the new pathing (I'm awaiting BB's next move now)!
    This in turn opened up the possibility to keep avoiding trap T11 for the block in the northwestern corner.

Unfortunately I've forgotten the name of my friend... Maybe it was Faststriker...
    Thus, could you please let me know who you were, so that I can credit you properly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    Tage, yes it was me that helped a bit with the stfr.
    Then, thanks again Faststriker!
    Last edited by Tage; 19.07.12 at 15:30.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Tage!

Try it new SFTR version, working very well. I lose 650R, didn't spare me too much army compared with normal version but better enjoyable this version with blocks

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just done the traitors with the method 2 blocking. And it still works. Only thing is that the placement for the very last attack is moved 1 step back because of the the block camp can´t be placed as pictured any longer.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks gorick and Faststriker.

I'm just about packing and will be going on vacation tomorrow.
    I'll be gone for two weeks, so unfortunately I won't be able to update any other of my guides until the second week of August...

I played Island of the Pirates last night, and I've got the pictures taken, but I won't have time to post them until after the break.
    I've updated Sons of the Veld though, by moving the attack on camp 16 from G5 to G7.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Those battles where a battle hardened general is used are those where cavalry are used to kill dogs.
    All those battles last only one round, so replacing the BHG with a normal general would prolong the battle with 10 seconds.

All blocks should normally have enough time built in to allow for that.
    So, yes, I'd give it a go. And please, let us know if and how it worked.
    I tried it and it worked. I had problem only in last battle. General from position E was intercepted. I don't know if l send him too fast, or there was lag and previous general started battle little later.
    But your guides is great a thank you for them.

World
    Newfoundland
    stfr with veteran with blocks seems working fine. No troop calculation mistakes or anything, just follow introduction and you will bee just fine. (don't improve blocks)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think its battle 4 on SoTV : 50 Thugs 50Dogs 80 Stone throwers 1 Bert, where you have 145R 105S, where, if you were so inclined to not mind the extra general loss, in a tactical map with a few 1R blocks then you can use 1: 200B (200B) 2: 115C 105XB or 4R 1S 105C 90XB , latter can be used by any gen. Also camp 9 (100 dogs 80 rangers) can be done using bowmen also with decent saving, instead of 86R 164S (86R), you use 179B 71XB (179B) so in total you save use of 231R for use of 379B... guess its personal preference.. thought id give the option..

Reply to Thread