Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 171 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I've recently been using these adventure guides more and more since I've cleared the starting island and got enough houses to maintain a few hundred troops. The guides are brilliant (thanks to all of the people who have spent time compiling them together), but I do find that due to the restrictions on a forum post, it's a complete mare to follow in an idiot's step by step manner plus it's easy to 'loose' important bits of information in 28 pages worth of posts!

Would anybody find it beneficial for me to put it onto a website (I'm a webdev by trade) in such a way that you have the map permanently on screen and select your options (i.e. General type, ranged troops etc) so that the list of instructions you see is the only ones you need to follow. If nobody is interested then no problems

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Could you do one, e.g. Dark Priests above, so that we could see how it would work?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Could you do one, e.g. Dark Priests above, so that we could see how it would work?
    Happy to oblige. Watch this space!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    about horseback, ive done that adv a few times now. the first times i dint manage the 1r block of camp 3, my attacking general got intercepted each time just b4 he got out of the intercept zone. so today i decided to place camp A right next to camp C, and this time it went perfectly.
    might be something to have a look at. other than that, ive found your guides to work perfect so far

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Prince View Post
    about horseback, ive done that adv a few times now. the first times i dint manage the 1r block of camp 3, my attacking general got intercepted each time just b4 he got out of the intercept zone. so today i decided to place camp A right next to camp C, and this time it went perfectly.
    might be something to have a look at. other than that, ive found your guides to work perfect so far
    Thanks

There's always a risk with the 1R blocks (even if a failure normally wouldn't lead to losing more than the 1R).
    If you're too slow, the main general will get intercepted before moving out of the red zone,
    and if you're too early, the main general will get intercepted before the 1R starts his fight.

The total time available during the 1R block is 20 seconds. During that time, the main general marches 6 steps (3 full garrison widths).

All garrison setups are done so that they work even if (due to server lag) both generals were to be sent out at the same time.
    This is especially good to know if you're using round blocks.

However, this also means that the risk of the main general being too slow after a 1R block is higher.
    Whenever seeing that the main general isn't dispatched right after the blocking general, recall them right away and resend.
    Most blocks have quite a long marching distance, so there should be no problem having time to recall in those cases.

If you feel that you do need more time for the dispatch of the main general,
    move him half a garrison width closer to the target (or the blocking general half a garrison width further away from the target).
    If you do, keep your eyes on the main general, and recall them both if they march off at the same time.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Ever since SidV posted this...

...this adventure has not been very attractive, and can be bought at any time for a maximum amount of 5 gold coins.
    There is somebody interested in selling this for 5g?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaxad View Post
    you didn't use the link on the first page did ya
    that would have given you this one http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post192371
    probably why it's not selling for 5gc anymore

big fan of your guides Tage...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Prince View Post
    Yes, after having played this on an extremely laggy test server, I can only agree... that 1R was too tight.
    I have updated the Horseback guide to add two more garrison positions, G3 and G4, for those wanting the 1R block in the NW.

Quote Originally Posted by Volaxad View Post
    Maybe something has caused the price of SotV to rise...

Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    big fan of your guides Tage...
    Thanks

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Mate , is there a problem in outlaws adventure garrison position g3 blocks? so i tried 3 times this adventure with 3 normal 1 vet general with longbows in that attack and blocks, every time camp 4 kills my 170 cavs but i can defeat all camps.Can you help me please, thank you very much for nice guide.
    Last edited by aviva11; 19.09.12 at 22:57. Reason: add

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by aviva11 View Post
    Mate , is there a problem in outlaws adventure garrison position g3 blocks? so i tried 3 times this adventure with 3 normal 1 vet general with longbows in that attack and blocks, every time camp 4 kills my 170 cavs but i can defeat all camps.Can you help me please, thank you very much for nice guide.
    I've recently played it several times, so can't think of any problems...
    Can you verify that you did indeed send general A to camp 4, and not to camp 5 or 6?

Reply to Thread