Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    For camp 9 in Witch of the swamp , u also can use 78R 172E makes the min losses 76 recruit but max 78 recruits going out for both worst case senarios its can save u prox 30 recruits

Skuf

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by NicciNZ View Post
    I find easiest way to beat T15 and still attack tower is put 170C and 30R on gen and send at tower, only lose about 15R and no fear of forgetting the trap
    That's a good idea!
    And that was in Stealing from the Rich, in case anybody wondered...

Guide updated (tweaked your setup a little for best results)!

Quote Originally Posted by skuf View Post
    For camp 9 in Witch of the swamp , u also can use 78R 172E makes the min losses 76 recruit but max 78 recruits going out for both worst case senarios its can save u prox 30 recruits
    Yes, using elites against the dark high priest keeps the number of rounds at 3, saving us from the losses in the possible fourth round.
    You don't even need that many elites (172) to achieve that. It's enough to replace 70 of the soldiers with elites.

Guide updated (elite soldier alternative added to all setups, except the first two).

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi tage, i've used a lot of your guides. Now i find new pirates guide a little miscalculated. It says that you need (with vet+xbow) 156S and 101E at adventure but camps 4-6 with blocks (50R+155S, 1S+47E, 6S+54E) I count 162S+101E. Could you correct that at guide. needed to send bhg back and takes 30min extra time now..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by IlluP View Post
    Hi tage, i've used a lot of your guides. Now i find new pirates guide a little miscalculated. It says that you need (with vet+xbow) 156S and 101E at adventure but camps 4-6 with blocks (50R+155S, 1S+47E, 6S+54E) I count 162S+101E. Could you correct that at guide. needed to send bhg back and takes 30min extra time now..
    Thanks IlluP, corrected now!
    It was too late, or should I sent too early when I finally got that posted...
    Let me know if you find more errrors!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Camp 3a) 1 Wild Mary, 1 Crazy Cook, 50 Gunmen, 50 Petty Officers 2nd Class
    ANY general: [180C (180C)]

Camp 3b) 1 Wild Mary, 1 Crazy Cook, 30-33 Petty Officers 2nd Class

Thats not correct... Had 47 Petty Officers 2nd Class after 1. attack

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Camp 3a) 1 Wild Mary, 1 Crazy Cook, 50 Gunmen, 50 Petty Officers 2nd Class
    ANY general: [180C (180C)]

Camp 3b) 1 Wild Mary, 1 Crazy Cook, 30-33 Petty Officers 2nd Class

Thats not correct... Had 47 Petty Officers 2nd Class after 1. attack
    Could you please recheck that battle report (replay it) and check that you did indeed send 180C, and not e.g. 80C.

180C would kill 17-20 petty officers, whereas 80C would kill only 3-5 of them (leaving 45-47 alive).

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you Tage for the guides!

I did Outlaws with BHG and crossbows and have a few comments:

Total number of troops required/lost seems to be bit off. The numbers I got summing up all the average values were 547R 178S 414C 196XB required 543R 74S 30C lost. I think this is related to camp 12 where you can lose ~90R instead of 30 cavs but that option is not listed. At least those are the cavalry losses not accounted for in the total number. There was no militial listed for any of the BHG/Any General setups either but 6M is listed as required troops.

Also the Any General setups for camp 1 have 201 units.

Keep up the good work and thanks again

World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Barthamon!

Quote Originally Posted by Barthamon View Post
    I think this is related to camp 12 where you can lose ~90R instead of 30 cavs but that option is not listed.
    I just recently added that version with 30C as an option,
    and for some reason seem to have removed the original setup, upon which the troops needed and lost are based:

Camp 12) 30 Scavengers, 30 Guard Dogs, 100 Stone Throwers
    ANY general: [101R 99S (80R - 91R - 101R)]

Added that back into the guide as the first option for camp 12.
    One cavalry is usually considered to be valued four times that of a recruit, so losing 91R is still better than losing 10R+30C.

The reason I've added those setups with 30C is a new quest that's now available on the test server; to play Outlaws losing less than 500R.
    I've started to update Outlaws to include optional garrison setups, helping with the fulfilment of that quest.

There was no militial listed for any of the BHG/Any General setups either but 6M is listed as required troops.
    Yes, that is clearly an error. Those 6M aren't listed in my Excel sheet either... removed them from the needed troops.
    With the next update there will be more optional setups though, also including more militia and less soldiers for that last camp.
    I'm also working on adding setups for those not having fast generals and not wanting to do some or any of the blocks.

EDIT: Those 6M used to be needed by the two blocks onto camps 13 and 14.
    I recalculated them some time ago, but obviously never corrected the troops needed for the BHG setups.

Also the Any General setups for camp 1 have 201 units.
    Oups, fixed those two.
    Last edited by Tage; 06.11.12 at 11:58.

World
    Northisle
    Hey Tage great guides btw but I have a notice for your new Island of the Pirates guide for veteran. If it is possible can you provide options without elite soldiers? I do have veteran general but haven't reached the point where I can recruit elite soldiers yet. Thanks

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yperellanios View Post
    Hey Tage great guides btw but I have a notice for your new Island of the Pirates guide for veteran. If it is possible can you provide options without elite soldiers? I do have veteran general but haven't reached the point where I can recruit elite soldiers yet. Thanks
    Unfortunately those blocks (especially on camps 4, 7 and 8) are so tight,
    that using soldiers instead of elite soliders in them would make them a bit too risky.

Thus, I would recommend sticking to the blocks presented in my original guide to IotP for the time being (till you get your elite soldiers).
    That guide has blocks using only normal soldiers as options for camps 2, 5 and 9, and doesn't block camps 4, 7 or 8.

Reply to Thread