Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 171 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

World
    Northisle
    Sorry about your ES, I know its nasty losing them.
    Details please, have you used same troops and same positions as in the guide or have you tweaked attack with cannons ? Laggy day? Lately I had some extreme lag in here making blocks a dangerous bussiness and many players report blocks not working and/or having bad lag

It is strange as this block worked for me so should be ok (I only post blocks after I verify with my own troops) and that block looked as one of the simplest to do.
    Last edited by Polymer; 24.11.12 at 05:23.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyed View Post
    From B to Camp 7) 30 Riding Amazonian Guards, 40 Riding Bowmen
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [5S 107B (-)] {5 rounds of fighting} ----- ONLY 3 ROUNDS ... not 5 like on the simulator.
    That probably means you didn't have the exact setup of troops...
    Can you replay that battle (in your inbox) and post the image at the end of the fighting here, please?

That fighting is quite easy to simulate even without a simulator,
    due to the low hitpoints of the units involved (all hits are kills, except the ones on the soldiers in the end):

Round 1, First Strike Units:
    70 enemy Guards and Bowmen kill exactly 70 of your Bowmen (they all attack the weakest target)

Round 1, Normal Strike Units:
    Your 37 Bowmen, 5 Soldiers and 1 General kill exactly 43 enemy units, all Riding Bowmen and 3 Amazonian Guards.

Round 2, First Strike Units:
    27 Amazonian Guard kill exactly 27 of your Bowmen

Round 2, Normal Strike Units:
    Your 10 Bowmen, 5 Soldiers and 1 General kill exactly 16 Amazonian Guards

Round 3, First Strike Units:
    11 Amazonian Guard kill exactly 11 of your Bowmen and causes 40-60 damage to one of your Soldiers

Round 3, Normal Strike Units:
    Your 5 Soldiers and 1 General kill exactly 6 Amazonian Guards

Round 4, First Strike Units:
    5 Amazonian Guards kills a minimum of 2 Soldiers and a maximum of 3 Soldiers

Round 4, Normal Strike Units:
    Your 2-3 Soldiers and 1 General kill 3-4 Amazonian Guards

Thus, at least 1 Amazonian Guard survived all 4 rounds and there will always be a fifth round.
    It must however also be said, that even a small error in the setup would ruin this perfect 5-round block.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Hi

I used same block Driller7 did, when you send g2 to the leader camp to be intercepted by leader camp, he gets intercepted by the first camp, because the general sending to the closest camp doesnt get there fast enough, so messes up all the whole block.
    Last edited by Rislem; 24.11.12 at 15:24.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Idc about the ES that much as much as the time it takes to build them Anyway yes i did it ~3am server time so everything was good it terms of lag. I lost the battle for a split second. Thus i posted saying it is too risky. Right now i am making a guide based on my previous one, but twicked a little bit all with cannons and maximum R-minimum M loss. Also your 59camp block is very close not to work if there is no lag involved between sending the 2 generals, but it did work.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymer View Post
    Sorry about your ES, I know its nasty losing them.
    Details please, have you used same troops and same positions as in the guide or have you tweaked attack with cannons ? Laggy day? Lately I had some extreme lag in here making blocks a dangerous bussiness and many players report blocks not working and/or having bad lag

It is strange as this block worked for me so should be ok (I only post blocks after I verify with my own troops) and that block looked as one of the simplest to do.
    Last edited by Driller7; 25.11.12 at 04:01.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I just lost another 71ES on the very next block, mate your blocks dont work, maybe you where lucky but I suggest the Polymer guide for Secluded should be removed till it has been tested again.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Polymer your block C55 is 100% fail the way the adv is now... From what i see in your picture they must have changed the agro range.

http://prntscr.com/khanb

The veteran gets intercepted by the blocking camp as soon as he leaves his position. The agro rage seems to be extended from your map.
    Last edited by Driller7; 24.11.12 at 16:39.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post
    Polymer your block C55 is 100% fail the way the adv is now... From what i see in your picture they must have changed the agro range.
    That at least I know is only a problem with how they show the agro zones.
    I'm quite sure they used to be correct, but at some stage they've started to show them erroneously.
    I know I've had that error on the tester for a while, and it's quite possible it made it here with this latest update.

The agro zone in your image extends into your own, blue territory,
    and inside your own territory you cannot be intercepted.
    The agro zone in Polymer's image is how the agro zone really is treated in the game.

I tested this a while on the second block in Dark Priests (camps 11 and 12).
    There the agro zone of camp 11 (on the tester and now also here) extends into your own territory,
    but your general walking onto camp 12 won't be intercepted until after crossing the blue/red border.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    No it's not...the agro zone is what is shown and i actually tryied the block twice from the exact same positions and got intersected... I am doing the adventure now and now it is 100% fail. Adventures change sidvs guide is wrong for the most part now. That does not mean it was never right...

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    That at least I know is only a problem with how they show the agro zones.
    I'm quite sure they used to be correct, but at some stage they've started to show them erroneously.
    I know I've had that error on the tester for a while, and it's quite possible it made it here with this latest update.

The agro zone in your image extends into your own, blue territory,
    and inside your own territory you cannot be intercepted.
    The agro zone in Polymer's image is how the agro zone really is treated in the game.

I tested this a while on the second block in Dark Priests (camps 11 and 12).
    There the agro zone of camp 11 (on the tester and now also here) extends into your own territory,
    but your general walking onto camp 12 won't be intercepted until after crossing the blue/red border.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post
    No it's not...the agro zone is what is shown and i actually tryied the block twice from the exact same positions and got intersected...
    Darn... hate these changes that are made without any information beforehand...
    I guess I need to play DP again and check it/change it before people start complaining...

Thanks Driller!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I just lost another 72ES using your block on sector 11, again, pull down this guide as this is 3 blocks already not working.

Reply to Thread