Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 171 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Mind you, the lag has been doing some very weird things lately.
    I had a massive fail with that block when the general walked up to the blocking camp, then stood outside it for several minutes with his horse pawing at the ground. Couldn't recall anything in time, horrible.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMule View Post
    Mind you, the lag has been doing some very weird things lately.
    I had a massive fail with that block when the general walked up to the blocking camp, then stood outside it for several minutes with his horse pawing at the ground. Couldn't recall anything in time, horrible.
    Yes, I've had a similar occasion where the block disappeared into the enemy camp but never started to fight...
    I guess he never got past the welcoming committee...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    in secluded adv the pics r not available. i would like a challenge and do this adv. if u can re- upload these pics, would love to try. also a few other adv have same problem of pics not being allowed..

World
    Northisle
    Sorry, but I don`t think its from my end, the account is still valid on the site I uploaded them into and the pics show up for me here, try clearing your cache or reloading the page. I uploaded the same images on another site and placed link under each image in the guide.
    But also check if your browser opens .png files, my images are that format and that might be the reason.
    If that is the case, you can right-click, save images on your computer and then open them with Paint or whatever other image software.
    Last edited by Polymer; 30.12.12 at 10:11.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    i did a sftr today, with tage's guide, as i had before, but this timewhen i went for the attack on camp 6, the new game help showed the gen would be intercepted by the trap near the camp. after looking and testing it a bit i solved this by sending generalA to camp 7 instead, and after the intercept it all went perfect(he didnt need to walk more, so B and C gens could be sent as usual). i didnt really test if i would indeed get intercepted, but thought it at least a good idea to share my solution.

World
    Newfoundland
    Here's a little preview of what's cooking...

Those who've played this adventure, knows what it is...
    There are 5 normal generals (A-E), one BHG (F) and one veteran (G) involved.
    But it can in fact also be played with 4 normal generals, two BHGs and one veteran.
    No cannoneers needed and total average loss 222B.

It is a rather tight block, I have to admit that... but all good for the thrill...
    Total margin on the two camps on top (A and B) is about 10 seconds.

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Tage; 31.12.12 at 02:29.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Prince View Post
    i did a sftr today, with tage's guide, as i had before, but this timewhen i went for the attack on camp 6, the new game help showed the gen would be intercepted by the trap near the camp. after looking and testing it a bit i solved this by sending generalA to camp 7 instead, and after the intercept it all went perfect(he didnt need to walk more, so B and C gens could be sent as usual). i didnt really test if i would indeed get intercepted, but thought it at least a good idea to share my solution.
    Played SftR today and checked that.
    Even if the trap's agro zone becomes red and indicates general A would be intercepted, that won't be the case.
    General A enters the agro zone of camp 6 first. Not until one flag later does he enter the agro zone of trap T5.
    But since he at that point already got into the agro zone of his target, he cannot be intercepted anymore.

And the block worked just as it always has...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAlly View Post
    This is my first guide so please don't be too mean.
    And a nice one it is!

I've slowly started my guide for the Nords as well, and yet haven't decided if I want to take the fast route over the wolf trap, or move to the east and save 8-9 recruits. Going over the wolf trap also saves you from having to retreat after killing camp 2 (your numbering). 8R 148E should be enough for the wolf trap btw.

World
    Northisle
    Even if you move to the east, when attacking that camp 2 directly, the other trap intercepts.
    So either you kill it or block the trap (bleah for 8R you kill 1R and wait for a gen?? not good option) or you have to retreat after killing camp 2 (attack camp 3, camp 2 intercepts, kill and retreat).
    Last edited by Polymer; 02.01.13 at 06:46.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes Proddy's guide ignored the wolf trap but it is so easy to forget to retreat that I would rather have the 8r hit than lose crossbows when I forget or get distracted in real life. Also by not moving to the other area you save some time.

Reply to Thread