Page 89 of 171 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Nice job, thank you very much :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Tage - re settings for VtV. I don't think the calculation for cavalry (with elites) its correct. It doesn't seem to take into consideration the 40c suicide wave. I always end on the last block with some Cav short.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyPenguin View Post
    Hey mate, love it. Outlaws but i made a mistake i thought they are like from smallest to largest and I made a mistake i attacked camp 11 with camp 12 settings cause they were switch places . It's just a frustration i lost cavalry . I suggest you to make it in the row if in picture is 11 and 12 so first (under the picture ) should be camp 11. Thanks Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, switched them around!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrytipper View Post
    Tage - re settings for VtV. I don't think the calculation for cavalry (with elites) its correct. It doesn't seem to take into consideration the 40c suicide wave. I always end on the last block with some Cav short.
    If you mean the last block with two veterans and cannoneers, then 419C (that did read 415C before) should be enough for any of the setups... I did however also add an extra average setup with an optimised mix of S and E, which will minimise the number of cavalry needed to 401C.

If you meant the setup with one veteran and crossbowmen, then yes, the cavalry needed for the last wave on Wild Mary were indeed missing.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    If you mean the last block with two veterans and cannoneers, then 419C (that did read 415C before) should be enough for any of the setups... I did however also add an extra average setup with an optimised mix of S and E, which will minimise the number of cavalry needed to 401C.

If you meant the setup with one veteran and crossbowmen, then yes, the cavalry needed for the last wave on Wild Mary were indeed missing.
    Once you have lost the 40c wave, you are left with 379 cav. Is that enough for the final block with cannons?

The settings are so complicated, I can't help but look at them and think there must be a simpler way of organising them. For instance I personally prefer to lose soldiers than militia, but the settings make no mention of the extra cannons needed for the 3rd block, instead using the militia setting from there instead.

Is it not possible to add maximum of each units needed against minimum, but include the VERY maximum of each unit needed? For instance, instead of having 20s as max units lost, have 20s+ the 74s for the 3rd block instead.

And for cannons, maximum of 175K instead of 137K?

Perhaps you could have prefer to lose militia/soldier settings similar to how PrincessAlly has in her RB guide?

Just a suggestion, I know its mighty complicated counting up all the settings, especially since there are so many combinations.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    If you do not like to lose bowmen:
    THE DARK BROTHERHOOD: FULL XP NO BOWMEN

BASED ON TAGE'S GUIDE: USE ALL BLOCKS
    AND POSITIONING FROM THERE

left column indicates camp, / indicates tage's settings,
    in brackets are settings, last column indicates max losses

NORTHWEST
    2 / 58r
    3 / 149r
    4 / 149r
    6 / 113r
    7 / 138r
    15 / 107r
    9: [1:200r, 2:250c] 200r
    10 / 50r
    17 / 85r
    CENTRAL BLOCK
    23: [1:200r, 2: 33r, 19E, 198xb] 233r (BE VERY FAST SENDING)
    Only use this no-bowmen option if you are sure you can send
    all generals well within 15 seconds, otherwise use tage's.
    EASTERN ROUTE SPECIFIED IN TAGE'S
    6: [109r 130c 1s 10xb] 109r (credit to Mimori)
    4 / 149r
    2 / 58r
    SOUTHWESTERN ROUTE SPECIFIED IN TAGE'S
    12 / 112r
    10 / 108r
    7 / 119r
    4 / 149r
    2 / 58r
    SOUTHEAST (24, 26, 27 optional - high losses)
    24 / 233r 80c
    26: [1:200r 2:57r 143e] 257r
    27: [1:200r 2:94r 6e 150xb] 294r
    28 / 1050c 150s

TOTAL MAX LOSSES: 2928r, 1130c, 150s

Haven't tried it myself, but the simulator doesn't lie 5,000 times . The central block looks a little bit risky though.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Great guides, thank you very much!

A couple of requests/suggestions:

1. A Secluded Experiments guide, please? I don't mean to bash Polymer, but I don't like his guide at all, and that's the only one you link on page 1.
    2. NEVER again use light blue font color on white background, please. At least for me, it's barely visible at all, and even if I mark the text, it's still impossible for me to read. The only way I'm able to read it, is to copy it to notepad first.
    3. A minor one: Tage, please don't assume that just because someone have xbows, they also have elites, this is done in a couple of advs. Elites are, unless it was changed, some lvls above xbows. Maybe change "with crossbows" to "with crossbows and elites" in these advs, ie in Pirates? No biggie, though, just a suggestion ;P

Again, thanks a lot !!

World
    Northisle
    I`m the only one stupid enough to repeatedly lose valuable troops on SE enough times to make a guide
    And I take no offence, the guide was provided as is and with the 'encouragement' for others to improve it. Not much to do on it though except improving block positions, maybe come up with some blocks on the 1 or 2 sectors I kill a camp before blocking for leader. Or try the alternate route, killing sector 9 and work way to sector 12 from that position (I doubt it will save troops but just maybe).
    I am working on a cannon version of it, but it`ll have to wait some time.

World
    Newfoundland
    Once you have lost the 40c wave, you are left with 379 cav. Is that enough for the final block with cannons?
    Yes, you need a maximum of 69 + 151 + 120 + 39 = 379:

From A to Camp 16) 40 Guard Dogs, 80 Roughnecks, 80 Rangers
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [1R (1R)] {20 seconds of fighting}

From B to Camp 18) 80 Roughnecks, 100 Rangers, 1 Skunk
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [75E 69C (-)] {200 - 300 seconds of fighting, <0.1% chance of 180 seconds}

From C to Camp 17) 80 Guard Dogs, 80 Roughnecks, 40 Rangers
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [49E 151C (-)] {180 - 280 seconds of fighting, 0.8% chance of 160 seconds}

From D to Camp 19) 100 Scavengers, 50 Rangers, 1 Wild Mary, 2 Skunks
    VETERAN general: [130R 120C (130R 120C)] {30-40 seconds of fighting}

From E to Camp 19) 10-40 Scavengers, 1 Wild Mary, 2 Skunks
    VETERAN general: [67M 20S 1E 39C 123K (51M - 67M 2S - 67M 20S)] {60 seconds of fighting}

The settings are so complicated, I can't help but look at them and think there must be a simpler way of organising them. For instance I personally prefer to lose soldiers than militia, but the settings make no mention of the extra cannons needed for the 3rd block, instead using the militia setting from there instead.

Is it not possible to add maximum of each units needed against minimum, but include the VERY maximum of each unit needed? For instance, instead of having 20s as max units lost, have 20s+ the 74s for the 3rd block instead.
    It is indeed hard to cater for everybody's needs... I usually make too many different versions, and there's seldom any chance of knowing how different users combine them... I did enter the maximum needed soldiers and cannoneers for you though... it would be a bit stupid to combine all S/E versions and add the maximum number of both though (you'd never need that many in total)...

Quote Originally Posted by Orisitthebagel View Post
    CENTRAL BLOCK
    23: [1:200r, 2: 33r, 19E, 198xb] 233r (BE VERY FAST SENDING)
    Only use this no-bowmen option if you are sure you can send
    all generals well within 15 seconds, otherwise use tage's.
    EASTERN ROUTE SPECIFIED IN TAGE'S

Haven't tried it myself, but the simulator doesn't lie 5,000 times . The central block looks a little bit risky though.
    Quite so... using R instead of B in the main attack on camp 23 would be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    3. A minor one: Tage, please don't assume that just because someone have xbows, they also have elites, this is done in a couple of advs. Elites are, unless it was changed, some lvls above xbows. Maybe change "with crossbows" to "with crossbows and elites" in these advs, ie in Pirates?
    For the IotP guide with maximum blocks, that is mentioned right at start of the guide...

This guide uses the maximum number of blocks and requires that you do have a veteran general and elite soldiers.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, I didn't even try my recruits block and I advise against it...
    One IMPORTANT thing is that the positioning for the middle block does not work there are small scenery, in this case roads, blocking spots on which to place garrisons D and F (in full 5-gen block). I would provide a screenshot if I could.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Orisitthebagel View Post
    Yes, I didn't even try my recruits block and I advise against it...
    One IMPORTANT thing is that the positioning for the middle block does not work there are small scenery, in this case roads, blocking spots on which to place garrisons D and F (in full 5-gen block). I would provide a screenshot if I could.
    Yes, I am aware of that, and can only recommend that you exit the game and reload it.
    That should remove all those dirt roads from any adventure when they are blocking your garrison placements.

EDIT:
    Added a note about it in the guide itself
    Last edited by Tage; 07.05.13 at 20:01.

Reply to Thread