Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 171 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

remarks about the nords

Hey

I have a few remarks about the guide The Nords by XiozZe. The second block (camps 6,7 and 8) doesn't work I lost 109S trying it, and after doing some calculations, it seems that the total time for genral A is about 245, when the total time for general C (with me a vet gen killing the camp in 2 rounds) is 260. Am I making a mistake here?

Secondly, the setup for camp 10 is wrong, the guide says '100 HouseCarl 50 Valkyrie 10 JamViking', but when I played it it was '20 JomsViking 50HouseCarl 50 Valkyrie 15 Berserk'. Can this please be updated, since what he uses to kill that camp doesn't work anymore. I used 21R 1S 72C 126XB.

This guide does not include a setup for a vet general. Will this be added in the near future? I have a fairly good one based on XiozZe's guide if you need it Tage.

If these remarks were allready in here somewhere I apoligise, but I had no time to read all 94 pages, and the guide has not been updated.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Tage,

Have spotted what I think is a minor mistake on your Vet Gen with LBs setup for

Outlaws

One VETERAN general with Longbows
    Three NORMAL generals using 3 round blocks
    • Units needed, average: 590R 70M 177S/163E 386C 96B 150LB (1467 units)
    • Units needed, maximum: 651R 70M 180S/163E 386C 246LB (1533 units)

It should be 178S, since in your setups for camps 4 to 7 we need:

From A to Camp 4) 80 Roughnecks, 100 Rangers
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [27S 172C (-)] {160 - 260 seconds of fighting}

From B to Camp 6) 40 Roughnecks, 80 Guard Dogs, 60 Rangers
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [5S 195C (-)] {160 - 220 seconds of fighting}

From C to Camp 5) 150 Roughnecks
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: [145S (-)] {160 - 260 seconds of fighting}

From D to Camp 7) 1 Metal Tooth, 2 Skunks
    VETERAN general: [3R 1S 246LB (0R - 2R - 3R)] {40 seconds of fighting}
    VETERAN general: [3R 1S 96B 150LB (0R - 2R - 3R)] {40 seconds of fighting}

27S + 5S + 145S +1S totals 178S

In any case, faced with 1S less I ended up using this setup for the camp5 block:
    135S 19C

Hope this helps!
    Thanks!
    nim.
    Last edited by Nimurian; 24.05.13 at 13:59.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    FYI -

Loot from Tropical Sun:

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MildyMac View Post
    Loot from Tropical Sun:
    Thanks MildyMac!
    I also got an ingame message from HeikkiN (thanks mate!) claiming the same...
    that the 250 granite should be 350 and that the 150 gc should be 15.
    I'll do the adjustments on Monday when I get access to the file at work...

The reason I had 150 gc was based on a loot report on the test server, here:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgri View Post
    The loot was: 150 gran, 150 gold coins, 300 horses, 400 hwp, 100 bread, 600 bows, 300 wheat deposit
    I realise now that Angelgri did receive those 150 gc as an extra loot (like those you could get in EotW).
    The last slot gave her the 300 wheat deposit, not the gold coins...

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimurian View Post
    Have spotted what I think is a minor mistake on your Vet Gen with LBs setup for

27S + 5S + 145S +1S totals 178S
    Thanks Nim!
    I had omitted the 1S needed in the attack on the leader camp 7. Now corrected!
    Last edited by Tage; 24.05.13 at 20:28.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Thanks MildyMac!
    I also got an ingame message from HeikkiN (thanks mate!) claiming the same...
    that the 250 granite should be 350 and that the 150 gc should be 15.
    I'll do the adjustments on Monday when I get access to the file at work...

The reason I had 150 gc was based on a loot report on the test server, here:

I realise now that Angelgri did receive those 150 gc as an extra loot (like those you could get in EotW).
    The last slot gave her the 300 wheat deposit, not the gold coins...
    Youre welcome - and 150gc in game loot? I got 200 pwl!!! I feel cheated now

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Is that Tropical Sun guide already good? Because last time i saw someone was saying the blocks werent working at the moment...

World
    Newfoundland
    A friend (Gwananggaeto1) and myself have been working on a map for a while now. All the calculation, settings and counting on this map was done by Gwan, so the credit goes to him really. I hope you enjoy the map, if we get some nice feedback, we will look to do another with Cannons and perhaps even consider a short version (6k more xp than normal short version for only a few kills more).

Unless specified, you can send generals straight after each-other (no delay) provided they do not leave the same time as eachother. This is especially important for Position A and F blocks.

Thanks also to PrincessAlly for some of the positions and Genesis guides before then.

Losses (AVG) 1070R, 450B 49S. The image is very large resolution, allowing you to zoom in to see it clearer. To open full image, click the thumbnail below:

Please do give any feedback or mistakes, we have tested it a few times, but of course this is our first guide and we're (or I at least) are not perfect :P

Experience: 38K

Link to alternate short version
    Last edited by Harrytipper; 16.06.13 at 21:35. Reason: Updated delay for Position: F

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by bakum4tsu View Post
    Is that Tropical Sun guide already good? Because last time i saw someone was saying the blocks werent working at the moment...
    You must realise that all reports saying some block is not working are depending on some objective and subjective factors.
    One of them is reporters own ability of doing it (if the guy is bad at blocking, will you expect him to succeed it? and what kind of report will you expect from him? ).
    Also depends on timing (if he blocks on a busy server time which in effect adds a lot of lag you expect success? )
    Different understandings of the guides (some guides have tricky wording so you should pay close attention to what it says and deduct carefully what you should do).

If you see a lot of people complaining about same thing, then yes, there must be a problem, one or very few reports are only a simptom common to more than one disease.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks for replying Polymer but the guide had in big red letters saying blocks werent working anymore but now those letters are gone so i guess its "working fine" now.

Reply to Thread