Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Church?

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle

Talking Church?

Hi,

In "The Settlers 7" you could build a church, en research technologies with novices, brothers and fathers, wich you can be recruited with beer, plain food(=bread and/or fish), rings, books and sauceges. It might be a good Idea to put a church in-game and some technologies, such as "to drill" and scarecrow.

I would say:

Novice recruitmend needs: 10 beer, 20 bread/fish
    Brother recruitmend nees: 20 beer, 40 bread/fish, 10 rings, 30 books
    Father recruitmend nees: 30 beer, 80 bread/fish, 20 rings, 50 books, 20 sauceges

But if you don't want to introduce rings and books, I would say:

Novice: 10 beer, 20 bread/fish
    Brother: 30 beer, 80 fish/bread
    Father: 50 beer, 120 fish/bread, 20 sauceges

If you build a church, you'll directly able to recruit novices, at the first upgrade you could recruit brothers, and after the second upgrade you'll be able to recruit fathers.

Books will be made out of hardwood, because fir wood has bow/coking plant/sawmill and hardwood has only got longbow/sawmill.

Ring will be made out of gold ore and coal.(same as a gold smelter)

Technologies I had in my mind:

Scaregrow: farms will produce twice as much as the normal production. (takes 2 hours)
    5 novices, 3 brothers and a father.

To drill: Soldiers will be 5 % stronger than before.(takes 2 hours)
    5 novices, 3 brothers and a father.

architecture: Building speed increases with 10%, and the needed recources will downcrease with 10%.(takes 3 hours)
    8 novices, 5 brothers and 3 fathers.

art of printing: research time downcreases with 30%.(takes 3 hours)
    8 novices, 5 brothers and 3 father.

Relegions/churches:

I would also be nice, if you could join a relegion. This could be a 'real' relegion, such as Christianity, or just a custom one. Other players could join your church as a kind of community, such as a guild. The Settlers of this player, will automatically believe in the relegion this church has.
    Maybe something with "fait" would be nice?

More suggestions are welcome!

What do you guys/girls think?

Kind regards,

Luuk_The_Great
    Last edited by Luuk_The_Great; 27.02.12 at 06:26.

World
    Northisle
    (extra space if needed)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I agree they should add some technologys... but if they were to impliment a church, then i think that you hsould be able to name it and add the religion for it... and you could jion other peoples churchs (similar to a guild) which would make more comunities and get more people talking together. (it would also form some funny made up religions) but the thing with books, yer thats possible to impliment (prefrably with hardwood... as fir wood has cooking plant/sawmill/bow, and hardwood has sawmill/longbow) but the rings thats harder... as that sounds like they will come from gold ore, which to start with is expencive to get and would probably be more useful to turn into coints than some upgrades. but thats me.

although if you were doing upgrades, then i think it should be done like buildings, you start on the first lvl, next its 1.2* that then 1.4*, 1.6*, 1.8* and finally 2* whatever the effect was.

mabey have the upgrade to get some more licenses... for non gem payers>?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarious View Post
    I agree they should add some technologys... but if they were to impliment a church, then i think that you hsould be able to name it and add the religion for it... and you could jion other peoples churchs (similar to a guild) which would make more comunities and get more people talking together. (it would also form some funny made up religions) but the thing with books, yer thats possible to impliment (prefrably with hardwood... as fir wood has cooking plant/sawmill/bow, and hardwood has sawmill/longbow) but the rings thats harder... as that sounds like they will come from gold ore, which to start with is expencive to get and would probably be more useful to turn into coints than some upgrades. but thats me.

although if you were doing upgrades, then i think it should be done like buildings, you start on the first lvl, next its 1.2* that then 1.4*, 1.6*, 1.8* and finally 2* whatever the effect was.

mabey have the upgrade to get some more licenses... for non gem payers>?
    -Joining other churches, sounds nice to me
    -Yes, books out of hardwood is good, and rings should be gold ore and coal.
    -I think you may choose, a 'real relegion' such as Christianity, or a custom one.
    -Yes, upgrades would be nice.
    Last edited by Luuk_The_Great; 27.02.12 at 06:28.

World
    Northisle
    Drarious: Seeing as the settlers as a game is based in a single society in a time when religion were uniform there is no problem with only having a Church to supply the technology effect.

But, if it should prove an issue it's fairly easy to sidestep and just make an university or the like.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

World
    Newfoundland
    A university of technology would be a better option so as to not cross any bounderies of religion. Remember, you're playing with real people who have differing opinions about religion.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    mm... i would love technology upgrades, like decreasing times for certain buildings ... or increasing the attack power of a certain unit<<< those types of things

SidV
    Maybe we get them? ^^ ... nobody nows ^^

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    Drarious: Seeing as the settlers as a game is based in a single society in a time when religion were uniform there is no problem with only having a Church to supply the technology effect.

But, if it should prove an issue it's fairly easy to sidestep and just make an university or the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    A university of technology would be a better option so as to not cross any bounderies of religion. Remember, you're playing with real people who have differing opinions about religion.
    Well, I don't want technollegies only, some relegion or faith think sounds nice to me as well. And btw, in "The Settlers 7", the Settlers version what this game is mostly based on, they use a church for technologies...
    Btw, I think adding relegions would bring us closer... You know, I have always believed in Darwin, but now I am reading the Bible...
    Quote Originally Posted by SidV View Post
    Maybe we get them? ^^ ... nobody nows ^^
    Looks pretty nice

World
    Northisle
    Bumb!

Reply to Thread