Reply to Thread

Thread: Notifications

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Notifications

Today, I had the mifortune to join chat near the end (I think!) of a notification that due to some people complaining in the forum, that things like hugs and role play(?) are now banned from global-1 and can only take place on global-2

So far I have been able to find the thread in the forum where this started, so was unable to post a reply to it.

Anyway, the point of this thread is not to go into the ins and outs of the decision, but to suggest that when decisions which become bannable offenses on chat come into force, that a mail go out to all members of the server. Things are done at special times, so it could be done with these sorts of things.

Perhaps a regular letter reminding us what we can and can't say would be a help, that way buffing and trade will stay on global-7, help will stay on the help tab, hugs and rp and any social interaction will go to global-2 and that means on global-1, people will be free to fill things up with the computers they once loved, life through rose coloured glasses and one word comments - As things changes, BB could then inform us by mail, so we don't have any excuse before getting banned.

World
    Northisle
    Are you talking about a News function upon login maybe?
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    A bit like the mail you get when you've logged in telling you of your log in bonus, I suppose, that way everybody would have reasonably uptodate news

World
    Northisle
    It seems like unnessesary work to me, we have forums and for those who shun the forum we have a news function upon login.
    I dont see the need to shove the news into every ones faces.
    Last edited by Scrooge; 28.02.12 at 07:17.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Snag with the forum is that it is almost impossible to find things, the login news function gets updated once a week if then. You don't have to read mail that's delivered, but the game is so slow that reading mail makes a welcome change.

World
    Northisle
    To be honest i dont see the need to mail all players with information about rules etc.
    I would rather see the current systems being utilized and improved upon.

Rules are easy to find, we could possibly need to have good to know information moved to a locked thread maintained by the BB/MOD team.
    Link to it via the News for discussions and also have the same information updated in the news at the same time.

How does that strike you unlucky?

Reply to Thread