Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Limit the Gem !

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Limit the Gem !

I'll make it really short,
    I played for about 12 hours a day, 24/7 (at least 12 hours) for a month, and i was able to gather 5000 coins, 4 generals and 4 explorers at last after all that effort. My friend started the game just today, and today he has 15,000 gold coins, 10 explorers, and 10 generals !!!! (by selling gem stuff and using them)
    I mean come on... Real money is supposed to give the Gem buyers an edge and help them up, not to make a superman out of em! Ruins the whole game-play stuff. Whats the point of working so hard on GDD and the Game Design if gems are more important than game-play itself ?

Another funny thing is that I'm level 38 and i cleared all 9 sectors and i have about 150 building licences, my friend is level 15 he cleared only 1 sector and he has about 300 building licences. It's more like a joke !

SidV
    and where's the problem?

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SidV View Post
    and where's the problem?
    I don't see the problem either... They pay for it, so they will have extra bonnusses...

World
    Newfoundland
    No worries, you will all end up with level 50, and about the same size village of lv5 buildings.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The point is that just like all the other computer and none-computer games, chess, monopoly, hit and run, football, risk and etc. the person with the most talent and the best game play style should be on the top, not the player who has more money in his account !!! The whole idea of game is divided in 2 parts, competition and fun !! you remove any of them and it's not a game. This game has a lot of fun in it, but it has ALMOST removed the competition.
    It's like playing football, but because the opponent team has more money in the bank, they can have 200 team players instead of 11, including 50 goal keepers.
    The more money shatters the balance between players, the more horrible it gets.

By the way the competition isn't about PvP, it's about the game being multiplayer, if there's no competition then it's not even a multiplaying game.

P.S: Although i see it as a big problem which is the most major issue of all lets say free browser games since 2006, Settlers is still a great game

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsomee View Post
    The point is that just like all the other computer and none-computer games, chess, monopoly, hit and run, football, risk and etc. the person with the most talent and the best game play style should be on the top, not the player who has more money in his account !!! The whole idea of game is divided in 2 parts, competition and fun !! you remove any of them and it's not a game. This game has a lot of fun in it, but it has ALMOST removed the competition.
    It's like playing football, but because the opponent team has more money in the bank, they can have 200 team players instead of 11, including 50 goal keepers.

By the way the competition isn't about PvP, it's about the game being multiplayer, if there's no competition then it's not even a multiplaying game.

P.S: Although i see it as a big problem which is the most major issue of all lets say free browser games since 2006, Settlers is still a great game
    But what should be the way for TOS to get money then?

SidV
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsomee View Post

Hmmm only one question Handsomee. Why am i lvl43? Only on guy is lvl44 atm and the next on lvl42. I spend not one cent until now in the game ^^ ... so it must be something else than money only? ^^

TSO is (my opinion) the best and balanced and fairest "free browsergame" atm ... and btw maybe you try to compare in other things than lvl? My goal here is to have a cool village with a well going production, or to make great tactical maps ^^. Lvl up is for me secondary.

See Yu,
    SidV
    Last edited by SidV; 28.02.12 at 20:17.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i agree with sid on this one. Money can be annoying etc etc and it can speed things up for people, but not even hugely so (as we found out on test with 50k gems in a lvl 1 village) If used right, ofc your friend can do a good job on playing catch up. but as long as there is no PVP, this will not matter much unless level and speed of leveling are your only measure of success in the game.

I don;t mind the gems - i hope people buy many of em - the more the better. If people didn't buy gems, the game would die an early dead. F2P doesnt mean altruistic gaming company,- just a different earning model. So be thankfull your friend bought 15k gems, maybe he will even sell you some cheap noblets at a friends price but in the mean time he (and other buyers) have paid for you to enjoy the game for free - i sure thank him for doing so

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've spent very little on gems and i've been playing alongside a friend who's bought licences, general - all sorts of stuff. We're the same level and I managed to clear the map before he did too.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, 'Nothing to do here'...

Reply to Thread