Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Login choices

World
    Northisle

Login choices

Greetings team!

I have noted that we have three choices for login.
    Register in the normal manner, Login using an existing U Play or Facebook account.

What about +Google? Google have a universal login service like that and have had for a very long time.
    I'm trying to phase out my FB account because im unhappy with FB in itself. But it's really hard when there's no viable options presented for my +Google account :/

Please consider adding this login option aswell.

Sincerely
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    This would be a very nice idea If you could login with your google account, then you could even login with your youtube acc:P

SidV
    What is Google+? *hrhrhrr*

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Google+ is the same as facebook.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

I'll answer briefly (hope you'll forgive me for this) and just tell you what BB would tell you.

Today, the amount of people actually using Google+ is not big enough to justify the costs of development, creating the links and contracts with Google, going through the process of adding this option to the game... Moreover, BB would probably add that the extra choice would harm player experience and user-friendliness of the game.

Hope this answers your question :s

Best,

BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

World
    Northisle
    Poor Google, their just not big enough? haha! That is not something you hear every day!
    Thnx Azariel

Altho
    Google's universal login feature is tied in with all google accounts, Youtube, Gmail etc.. not just their social feature of +Google
    Did you take that into consideration aswell?

I'm aware that most people are unaware of having this feature.
    On the other hand i didnt know it needed to be contracted with Google to use it :/
    Last edited by Scrooge; 28.02.12 at 12:39. Reason: Added some
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Google? is that a new company. As a person who won't have it or anything else to do with the company on my computer, I think it is a terrible idea. If people are too lazy to log in the normal way, it's a poor show

World
    Newfoundland
    Well that's the weird thing about Google+... It has all the best things to offer and it DOES connect to the most widely used websites so you would think it would work very well and be adopted by all the Google users...

But no, for some reason Google+ is like Facebook... just without the users x)
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

World
    Northisle
    It's because it's not fun, and it's missing the ladies!
    Girls make the WEB game economy blossom (Farmville syndrome)

I jest of course, in part.
    hehe

World
    Newfoundland
    I'd rather login with my bank account over a facebook account or google account. Antisocial networking is spreading like a disease, but unlike a disease, there is no cure. Avoidance is the best medicine.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread