Reply to Thread

Thread: While playing game pc shuts down

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy While playing game pc shuts down

I like playing settlers,But my PC completely shuts down,I then have to restart PC ,I am using Google Chrome.All other games I also play have not got this problem,I have tried refreshing every hour or so and log of too but the same thing happens,is there an explanation to help me sort this problem out?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Your computer shutting down can not be caused directly by this game.

Or do you mean your computer freezes? This game does use a large amount of memory, if you have an old computer then your memory might get full.

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I don't think this is could be caused by a browser game... It won't be Chrome either... You should check for virusses on your computer, do you even have your "residence shield" turned on?

World
    Newfoundland
    Flash can have a tendency to heat up the CPU and/or GPU. Make sure you have enough cooling in those areas. Heat can cause the PC to shut down to protect itself.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Sandycove
    This has been happening to me since summer started. Never until now have I noticed the ridiculous CPU usage! Played fine, but now is heating up. I've checked everything, tried different browsers, versions of Flash, checked my video drivers, malware and virus scans, you name it. Youtube and other Flash sites I visit often do not use as much CPU.
    Someone wrote that an option to turn off some animation should be implemented. I counldn't agree more...I mean isn't it silly for a 2D browser game to do this.
    My PC is by no means new, but if I can play The Sims 3 I should be able to play Settlers online without my PC shutting down...don't you think?

Reply to Thread