Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Settlers Online Game Suggestions

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Red face Settlers Online Game Suggestions

Hi all, sorry if these items have been posted before, and apologise that I have not put them all under seperate headings.
    No 1 When your geologist finds a deposit, why can it not tell you where it is ?
    No 2 When items are depleted, why can it not tell you where they were ?
    No 3 Why is there no ex rewarded for buildings and upgrading, with a reward ratio connected to cost to build or upgrade ? after all the game is called Settlers, not Bandit War.
    No 4 Trade screen why does it not have filter, so you can look for what you require ? Rather than spending ages looking down a long list.
    No 5 Would like to see an onscreen button, for putting selected or all buildings on hold ! If you were going away for a few days, and did not go around spending ages putting all mines, farms for example on hold, you would return to find mines depleted, and this means more cost to the player to rebuild !
    No 6 Why is there no Statistics screen, say from Mayor's house to let you know, what buildings you have, what there levels are, and where they are. Also while in this screen by moving your pointer accross any building it would let you know for instance your ratio's are incorrect/correct and what you need to do, to correct the ratio to maximise production.
    Best regards Grik

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I totally agree )

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    For a lot of stuff just look at The dev diary

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    Dear Settlers,

Please find below the first Dev Diary with information about wat is to come in TSO!

Today we have new information about the future of TSO development.
    Please keep in mind that there might be change of plans and that the time schedule is not sure. Many of the features listed are already in development or design phase.

App. after February

Building queue extensions:

New trade system:

The trade system gets a complete overhaul. It will be moved from the chat window and get an own spot. A larger window will give a much better overview, new functions like more power to sort and filter trade offers. Furthermore the trading amounts will be increased.

Around Midyear (2nd/3rd quarter)

Economic adventures:

The current adventures differ in the reward, but fights are always necessary. This new adventure type provides challenges with less or no combat. It provides time critical challenges for traders and economists.

Economic overview:

A new window will give you a good overview about your economy and the productions chains. Furthermore it shows the efficiency of every single resource production and the consumption. E.g. you will see how much coal is produced every hour and how much coal is needed per hour, depending on the current needs of your economy. Thus, you can identify emerging bottle necks and initiate counteractions in advance.

Long-term features

Please keep in mind that several aspects of long-term features might be modified, cancelled or extended.

News window:

A new window will show current topics from the community, recent information from the game provider and provide you with a useful overview about what is going on in your game. Among others there will be warnings: E.g. if the resources of a mine are running low or if it is depleted. With a single click you’ll be able to refill a mine or to demolish a depleted one. It’s even possible to demolish the group of all depleted mines. Furthermore the window will show the remaining times of geologists, scouts/explorers, completion of buffs or troops. In total the access to information and ease of use will be improved.

This summary is neither final nor complete. Features not being listed or new ideas might be added in the future. At the end of the day you get an impression about what we’re doing right now and in future.

I compacted the diary to some of the things you were mentioning and also suggest reading crucial stuff like the dev diary (it is not hidden in tons of other threads/suggestions or posts either)

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    points 1 & 2: if you click on the alert for a new deposit/depleted resource the game will take you to that place
    3. is an interesting idea, although they kinda go hand in hand (you build/upgrade buildings to have an economy that will permit you to kill the bandits); but there might be some pacifists out there that are just interested in the economic part of the game, hence this building/upgrading xp will make the gameplay more fun for them (and even for the rest of us, I wouldn't mind some free xp ). In the end I don't think they'll implement it though (maybe on a new server) because it will kinda screw the actual game system (by reaching certain levels way earlier than you "have" to).
    4. just click on the word "Offer:"/"Cost" to filter it (more advanced filters will be introduced with the New Trade System)
    5. all the buildings have the "Stop production" button (the golden square inside the big grey-ish rectangle on the right side of the window, under the Status)
    6. point 6 will be introduced with the Economic Overview window. For now you will have to settle for the newbie guides (if you dislike excel/pen&paper)

World
    Northisle
    good suggestions, filtering the trading list is my favorite so far.

What i miss and didn't find in previous suggestion is that i can't see the online status of other guild members like you can with friends. But i can't make friends among guild members, so i won't be able to see if guild members are on line or not unless they were friends before joining the guild.
    The most simple solution to make this possible woud be to have the "add friend" option for guild members and everything will work.
    just call me Tezz,

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Resource deposits are all in the same place.
    You learn them pretty quickly.
    Here is a map:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

RE: Trade list
    Click the top of the column to sort by type.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    What i miss and didn't find in previous suggestion is that i can't see the online status of other guild members like you can with friends. But i can't make friends among guild members, so i won't be able to see if guild members are on line or not unless they were friends before joining the guild.

This bug has been reported and was supposed to have been fixed around 4 - 6 weeks ago . . . we can only hope it gets fixed - because as you say it is annoying - if all is highligheted you get different green online lights then when friends is highlighted and nothing if guild!

But being able to add all your fellow guild members would be a good idea

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    How about the ability to cancel a building upgrade once it has started? I accidentally clicked through to upgrade a building from level 3 instead of it's adjacent neighbour to level 2 without noticing. My bad I know as I clicked OK on the confirmation but just wondered if there was a way of fitting this in? You can lose a lot of resources very quickly if you upgrade an already heavily upgraded building by accident

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkMo View Post
    How about the ability to cancel a building upgrade once it has started? I accidentally clicked through to upgrade a building from level 3 instead of it's adjacent neighbour to level 2 without noticing. My bad I know as I clicked OK on the confirmation but just wondered if there was a way of fitting this in? You can lose a lot of resources very quickly if you upgrade an already heavily upgraded building by accident
    This is so an elementary part of a game that i realy don't understand why this have been left out of this game... i just did the same thing...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry to post in this topic, not sure if its the right place. But anyway, heres what i thought:

Buffing buildings might be confusing, people put buildings in random places, so how about you allmighty coders make a list of buildings, with cross box next to it,
    then you can just select the buildings you want to buff, and click done. That would be awesome.

ty.

Reply to Thread