Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm quitting the game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Why I'm quitting the game.

Hello fellow settlers,
    Perhaps some of you know me, or perhaps you don't.
    I play in both servers, both with the handle Sprinkler (and sprinkler1979)
    I liked The settlers alot, all series, but for some reason it seems that this settlers have stayed a bit away from the other concepts.
    The game is fun till pretty much lvl 22.
    From then on you log on twice a day to send out your geo to "rediscover" the deposit (some take over 4 hours) and rebuild your 80 farm fields with only 3 at a time.
    The main problem here is that high lvl farms use up the fields WAY to fast. Same as copper mine, when using the normal build method you have too less mines than the mere 6, to keep up with the production for every coppersmelter, Yes I have more copper mines than smelters yet due to the capacity of a mine and a copper mine supplying copper it's not enough unless I make all 6 coppermines lvl 3, thus making the coppermine useless since lvl 3 upgrade cost is the same as the entire mine to make that items lol.
    So Upgrading beyond lvl 2 even while buffed is not really an option, because the mines have too few copper in them, if the deposit was same as coal then the mines are able to keep up to speed with only lvl 3 production que.
    In the normal settlers you could assign some to rediscover new deposit and thus the mine never "ran" out.
    Well don't understand me wrong I do know this game is supposed to make money.
    But this way you invent a new way of leaving.
    Games like Evony, Ikariam are destroyed by the pvp element.
    I liked settlers because there is none, waking up and my settlement is gone.
    Now in TSO people leave of boredom and tedious tasks.
    It's not fun to rebuild over 80 400 grain fields and 40 waterwells and 6 copper mines each or even twice a day with only a build que of 3.
    Even your "gem" sollution doesn't work, since a silo only resupplies 1 field.
    So in other words to make this game less tedious (watermills and silos near fields) I need to spend like 3000 euro.
    And I still have to log in twice a day and send out 6 geo's for 10 mins to be able to rebuild 3 copper mines, then I have to wait 15 mins before they're done so I can enque to build the other 3, then I can get to the fun of redesigning and attacking bandings, adventures and helping other players.
    I liked every settlers up to now and I still play them all from time to time. (yes even settlers 1)
    But unless you change this part and bring back the fun in settlers without having a tedious and boring job for twice a day for over an hour.
    It would be the first settlers game I won't be returning to.

I had a fun time till it got boring, so I wish you all the best.

Sprinkler signing off.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Too much clicking is involved in these tasks:

Trading
    any amount over 400, please either, raise the trade cap or add a "Last trade" button or have the last trade automatically placed as a button.
    Another suggestion is to remove the tabs and have all resources on the same page to streamline the process.
    Also while we are using the mail = trade system to have the next relevant e-mail open when we click "accept" in the current e-mail, would save so much time and clicking.

Replacing wells and fields. Seriously needs keys for the building menu's or just these two specific buildings, so you don;t have to click into the menu every time.
    Alternatively just being able to click on the ruined remains and having a button that rebuilds it next to the demolish button.

These two things are made much more tiresome (and RSI-like) having to dig into menu's to do repeat tasks, and are the biggest turn off when playing.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i dont see you're point. wells only need replacing every 3 days and copper mines tho. farms at lower level needs replacements 2 times a day wehn you become higher 1 a day. as now i am level 35 with over 30 farms. so i have around 60 fields and takes me only 1 hour a day 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins at night to rebuild the farms. i have 3 extra geogolists bought for 300 gems each and its easy to handle.

World
    Northisle
    Quitting is the easy way out.
    Bottom line is: you build too many coppersmelters/mines & farms. Also, it seems like you want everything NOW and FAST.

If you want a healthy economy, you'll need to keep everything in proportion. Plus: like every RTS game, you have to wait till stuff gets build. If you don't have the patience to wait for that, please go and play the original Settlers.

Currently this game runs in beta, wich means not everything is implemented and all features can be commented upon to change them in the future. If you don't like a current feature, you can post your suggestion in this forum.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    For me the problem is not the amount of buildings that need replacing daily (at the moment 50 farms per day and 60 wells) but the amount of clicks needed per building. 1 click is all that should be needed to add missing buildings in the que. Not 3.

Furthermore with geologists (and in small amounts also farms/wells) the problem here also is not sending the geologists and rebuilding the mines, but that i need to look around my map continuasly to find out if something is depleted. I just want to see in 1 go what is missing. Its these tedius tasks that are anoying and add nothing to the gameplay, but deminish it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    ... i have around 60 fields and takes me only 1 hour a day...
    One hour each day replacing fields. *Replacing*. Am I the only one that sees what a monumental waste of time that is?

World
    Northisle
    if you point it that way yes it is.
    if you play previous settler, it was a layback gameplay, you build settlement, watching them grow after you *working* on their workyards, and everything goes cycle by it self, they replant the jungle/fields except mines automatic.

on some part I do agree
    1. Queque build is to limited, sometimes even it's bugged, when you try to build 3 well and put them in queque list, they dissapear, and you can't put them back in line.

2. Tremendous amount of clicking over and over, for example I had to press H or click storage over the top to see how much resource I gain/lose, and the trading part where you check trade>mail>confirmation>reload mail>accepting confirmation over and over.

3. Searching time for geologist taking too long, when you had too much mine even with multiple geologist if only there's a upgrade option for geologist, but then again... that's what keeping our resource unlimited.

the whole point of this game is to keep you coming back to check your settlement, not building a City and watching them grow as your screensaver.
    but I do agree some of mines is having too less deposit thus making it hard to leave it a day or two.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Keylock32 View Post
    the whole point of this game is to keep you coming back to check your settlement, not building a City and watching them grow as your screensaver.
    This is good, and should be kept this way. Rebuilding stuff is all fine in online games. The problem is not how often it has to be done, but how long it takes. But at least it is possible to buy silo's and endless water from other player's, so it's possible to reduce this time by a lot. And i don't think a lot of players know that, and thus they see that time as an ever increasing number wich will never get lower.

As a poster above said, he rebuilds 60 a day in an hour. That means he builds the cheap ones. I rebuild 45 farms (at 2 mins per farm) and 60 wells (at 1 min per well) per day. So that is two and a half hour spent per day on only rebuilding those buildings. But i choose to build more instaid of spending the resources to reduce that time. At least i know i have a choice (-:

I don't mind buffing, because no matter how much buildings i want buffed, it can all be done at once 3 times per day in a very short time, because no queue and only 1 click per building.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    i think sprinkers point is that although like me has played settlers since the begining and like me probabally has spent a lot of money paying for games etc this version although graphically great is way too slow and tedious . i know its a beta but playing games is meant to be fun its taking too long for things too happen and is getting boring got better games to play that use up my limited time. unless things change i wont waste anymore time or money on this game

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    An medium wheatfield gives you 400 wheat. An level 5 farm takes at least 16 hours to deplete. So you built two of them
    An Deep Well produces 1500 water, with 3 mins per run it will take 75 hours to deplete.

This is all without the extra time, walking to teh deposit, and cleanup after working.

I don't see the real problem here.

I do agree that the copper mines and marble/stone deposits are a bit too small. But if you want you can increase then with gems. I don't level my copper mines up, so I don't have an real issue with that. It takes a while to deplete it. It would be nice if an joly geologist would be able to find an higher level deposit. Would give the pay-to-play players something extra.

Reply to Thread