Reply to Thread

Thread: tried to play a demo of settlers 7.....

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

tried to play a demo of settlers 7.....

hi all, - have tried to get a feel of the latest settlers 7 game, and i downloaded one of the demos from one of the many official game sites.

the download took 40 mins, and the setup and ubisoft update of the same, took another 20-30 mins also....

....and what did i get ? - a page on ubisoft settlers 7 site that tells me that the demo game is now over.!

===============

i mean why ?
    why do the demo releases still exist on these sites if we cant play them ?
    why cant we find out if the game engine will work on our pcs ? (its not 2d graphics, but wire models of the game characters and so on)
    and why why why why - WHY does the settlers 7 page that comes up after going through all this hoo-ha, tell me i can get the full game for a bargain 29.99 when its available on retail sites from as little as 4.97 - 17.49 gold edition.

demos are supposed to show off the game whilst also alowing us to work out if its the game for us, or if our lower/mid range-end machines can handle ?

===============

by way of an explanation, i personaly adored the pc game rollercoaster tycoon, (added attactions/loopy landscapes etc etc) and i went out and bought the more recent rollercoaster tycoon 3 when i got back into sporadic gaming on the household pc.
    result ? disaster. - rollercoaster tycoon 3, though a supior graphical wireframe update on the franchise, had lost all its playability, its effortless screen rotataion and user inerface in diging out the landscapes and placeing down track for the rollercoaster had been replaced by complicated button pushes and keyboard combos , needless rollercoaster 'ride on's (merrygo round - anyone?) making it very tedious and loseing its unputdownable shine of the original game. -----FAST!

===============

:C

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    ^^
    This isnt the forums for S7 these forums are only used for TSO. And even then such a complaint should go to support not in forums...
    Nevermind I give up

World
    Northisle
    As this is placed in the "Off topic" section he can post it here.
    Off topic -> For anything that does NOT concern TSO.

Tho if you have any complaints about settlers 7, please contact the settlers 7 support.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    a misplaced rant is still a misplaced rant even if its in offtopic
    Nevermind I give up

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    it was originaly intended as a comparison thing, but i guess it soon became a complaint about not being able to have accses to a demo of settlers 7.

ie the download sites all give the same demo, but after installion, and ubisofts own further updates ...we just get shown a 'this is no longer available' web page and a chance to buy the game at 2010 pirices. !

- so i appologise to those that iv ranted at here in the incorrect forum

-------------

anyone know of or tried to play the v7 version ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    ahh, - have attempted to place this 'complaint into the settlers 7 support forums as sugested by NUKAR, but this requires that i have a Uplay registration login ? - i assume this is something that owners of the full game of settlers 7 will have, - since im trying to get the demo working(and they seem to have expired being from 2010 demo releases) - i wont be able to get this question to them ?

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Red View Post
    ahh, - have attempted to place this 'complaint into the settlers 7 support forums as sugested by NUKAR, but this requires that i have a Uplay registration login ? - i assume this is something that owners of the full game of settlers 7 will have, - since im trying to get the demo working(and they seem to have expired being from 2010 demo releases) - i wont be able to get this question to them ?
    You only need an e-mail to get a Uplay account. I'm logged on here with my Uplay.

Reply to Thread