Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Event] Settler's St Patrick's Day Beer Designer of the year! 2012

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by VitoC View Post
    My Entry:
    Oh, really.This is yours????

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar View Post

our troops run on St.Patrick beer, and they get buffed with +20hitpoints! That's why rome was so great!

I hope you all like it,

Kind regards,

Justicar
    Well, well. At least you did one cut and paste on this.

Strictly speaking it is not cheating. Still..........

World
    Northisle
    here we go this is mine

World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation St. Patrick - Settlers Beer Label

Hi every1,

Here is My St. Patrick - Settlers Beer Label

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    The only rule here is that I need to be able to use for my personal brand of beer after the event
    @BB_Azariel > i have the label as .ai (Adobe Illustrator CS4) file-version [without the background/signature] or can export to whatever u want/need...

/Acidburns

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi, here's one from me sorry for quality, I'm beginner
    Last edited by CZ_Bambusak; 17.03.12 at 00:49.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did not make the skeleton of it, because i can't master photoshop, but atleast i dont make a settler with a st.patrick hat on and thats it? Nah i give TSO a new idea for the future for beer that can upgrade your troops. so stop trying to back off people from the contest, thats just rude. We all keep us on the rules. Try to respect them.
    Last edited by Justicar; 16.03.12 at 08:29.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicar View Post
    I did not make the skeleton of it, because i can't master photoshop, but atleast i dont make a settler with a st.patrick hat on and thats it? Nah i give TSO a new idea for the future for beer that can upgrade your troops. so stop trying to back off people from the contest, thats just rude. We all keep us on the rules. Try to respect them.
    Like I said: It's not cheating. But both of you did say it was your own, when it is in fact a preset from a comercial site. I merely pointed out the fact and expressed my dissatisfaction with it. Do you think that is rude? How about that remark from you, about some of the good work that has been put on display here, are just "a settler with a st.patrick hat on and thats it"?

NOW! Let's take a look at the rules again shall we.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post

The only rule here is that I need to be able to use for my personal brand of beer after the event
    Since it is from a comercial site, that makes money by printing beer labels from those presets. Is it very likely that he can use them for himself?

And finally: This is a competition. Suggestions go here.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    My beer label is less design and more creative. So please learn to let people do what they want when they keep themselves on the rules. Just stop make people look bad hypocritical. Moderators can judge the designs not you.
    Last edited by Justicar; 16.03.12 at 09:48.

World
    Northisle
    Yeeaaah.. The contest is pretty much that you are suppose to design a beer label..

Im with Seraph on this one.. Using a pre-made base from an internet site is just a mockery to us who do try to design our own labels with our own ideas. a mockery to the contest and to yourself.
    Slapping a sticker on it and calling it your's is flawed thinking.
    Here's why. YOU DIDN'T DESIGN IT! nuff' said.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi guys,

In my opinion people need to be allowed to improvise. Some are not good at designing/drawing there own backgrounds and that's fine. what's important is not only the graphical side of it but also the creativity put into it. that he used a background that already exists is not only unimportant, but also a very stupid subject to fight about.

Nevertheless, we can tell who put in a lot of work into their labels and we will take that into consideration !

Lets please drop this issue and come back to the original event.

Also, I'm not REALLY going to start a brand of beer, it was just an indication of what I wanted from you guys... to make the original post more fun

Thanks for those who have already handed in their contributions and good luck!

BB_Azariel

PS: only 3 days left before the end of the event !

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel1 View Post
    Lets please drop this issue and come back to the original event.
    Oh, I had allready dropped it. I just vented a little steam in as polite a way as I possibly could. Now that the pressure cooker is running normal, I can look at the world with my "happy, happy blue skies with unicorns and rainbows" glasses again. If my nordic genes takes control again and I start mumbling about red mist and have a little froth around the mouth, just ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    Seraph
    Not many figures that one out, but in the original language that is the plural form. I'm only one (not counting the voices in my head).

Reply to Thread