Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Playing TSO on an android tablet/phone ?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Playing TSO on an android tablet/phone ?

Hello!

I tried on few phone (galaxy s, s2) to play TSO but even thou i have latest flash, the game allways tells me i dont have it. I can login with firefox or chrome browser (on a default i cant even do that), but than when i want to play it, the erros about the flash comes up.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong, or how to play the game on a tablet/phone?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    You need a browser which has flash intergrated. Firefox and chrome don't have it integrated in their android apps. And a standalone flash app on your device doesn't help either.
    The Samsung tab has a browser which has flash intergrated, but still TSO plays awefull on it.

The best solution for you is to get the teamviewer app, take control over your pc, and play TSO on your pc with the teamviewer app on your phone

World
    Northisle
    teamviewer in itself might not be the correct reply here, a Remote desktop application for your phone/tablet is the best way to go at it for now.
    I myself use Splashtop as it comes with my Transformer
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I tried opera and this is the only browser that starts loading, but it doesnt finish. All other give me flash error.
    I'm trying to do this on my galaxy s which also might be a problem
    I tried teamviewer, which shows me site wonderfuly, but it doesnt refresh good enough, to actualy use it to play teamwiever.

I'm in a market for a tablet. Probably transformer prime or better (waiting for samsung to respond to ipad). Is it playable there?

Thanks for your responds

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I tried chrome and opera, both load right up to the game interface (you can see some interface elements like the grass etc). However at that point everything slows down, presumably because the internal memory or the processor just don't cut it anymore.

This was on a Tegra2 tablet with 512mb mem, by the way.

Too bad, wish that Settlers would be available in a HTML5 simplified version - less/no animations etc.. but same back-end.

World
    Newfoundland
    I've loaded it up on my Xoom tablet (running Andriod 4.0)..using the integrated Browser that comes with the tablet. When I tried using Chrome or Firefox, got the error about Flash.

Found it just about unplyable/unusable using the integrated browsere. I could see my settlement, and could sort of, sometimes, scroll around, but nothing else worked so I gave up. Haven't checked it out in a while though. Would love a Droid app for this game. Would help make sure my production is humming along.

World
    Newfoundland
    The problem is, flash is seen as a outdated mechanic now for web developers and as Android/Google are quite possibly the fastest growing thing in the world right now developers have to stay up to date. But, the reason TSO works so well on the flash platform is because of years of development knowledge. So if this game was say to be converted to HTML5 or another language it might not work as well and would need massive modifications. So until a browser is developed to play such styles of flash as settlers for android then its doubtful it will ever become available and its not like TSO will develop a revolutionary browser just so they can have their game played.

Public Speaker
    PirateNinjas - The Gaffa
    Desktop Icon Guide

World
    Northisle
    RoganTheGypo nailed it.
    Almost everything that is "Great" for Android and iOS at this point are ports from other platforms...
    The further we go in time and development on the platforms the greater the wares we can access with them are.

Problem is still solved easiest by a remote desktop tool.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    Problem is still solved easiest by a remote desktop tool.
    Try getting one that works over the wider used '3G' network, once thats cracked it will be fine.

Public Speaker
    PirateNinjas - The Gaffa
    Desktop Icon Guide

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by RoganTheGypo View Post
    Try getting one that works over the wider used '3G' network, once thats cracked it will be fine.
    I use the splashtop tool taht came with my transformer pad. It works over the internet, so either network would be working there (login via google account etc)

Reply to Thread