Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Show buildable grids

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Show buildable grids

When planning my land, I select a building-action from the build-menu to find out where I can build and where I cannot build. I also try to find out which areas contain connected buildable grids. This helps me to find out where to put my storehouse and put other buildings arround it.

This tric works, but in my opinion, is a tric. Will there be a feature to show buildable area's / grids? Or a way to discover it more easily?

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    I second this

World
    Northisle
    There's already suggestions regarding this..

My own for example - Placement help - Grid / highlight to get a better visible aid when planning build areas

It could be wise to check out the suggestions forum before posting copies on suggested ideas
    Last edited by Scrooge; 11.03.12 at 11:21.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I did. I browsed for throught the subjects: No matching subject there.

World
    Northisle
    well, there's quite a few interesting suggestions out there in the suggestion threads. Many contain more than one suggestion, for future reference.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Correct. I noticed that later.

My suggestion would be, as e-mail regulations in many companies state: Only one subject per e-mail.

In this case: Only one suggestion per thread. This way, every suggestion can be discussed in its own thread. And there is one single list containing all the suggestions: The forum overview itself.

World
    Northisle
    That would certainly make it nice and searchable.. BUT.. it's not viable in this public society im afraid. It's anarchy here ^^

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ever since I've conquered Zone 3 (bottom right) I have been putting road grid before building anything else and then just spreading it when conquering new zones. Got screenshot of zone 3 which shows it nicely http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2263/gridz.png . The way you start is you build grid of ///// and then roads from top left to bottom left of possible building spot.

World
    Northisle
    Yeah, thats pretty far from what were wishing for
    I use the general to see buildable areas..

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    Yeah, thats pretty far from what were wishing for
    I use the general to see buildable areas..
    That's a way better than the road grid and a lot less work. Quite clever............for a swede.

Reply to Thread