Reply to Thread

Thread: Horse's/Horse Carriage's

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Horse's/Horse Carriage's

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to read this and please take it seriously.

I suggest that a horse industry be added into the game. The player would create a horse farm (maybe using wheat to feed the horses), then the horse could go to two routes.
    It could be made into a horse carriage, by using fir/hardwood and the already existing Wheelmaker. Or it could be used for military purposes, with the horse going to the garrison, or getting horse armor first.

The horse carriages would allow for faster travel of workers to storehouses, and more materials to be carried.
    The " War Horse" would allow for faster travel and more health/attack.

Similar to the way that there is a worker in every building that does work, there would be a slot for a carriage as well, and when all workstations are filled with carriages, then the horses would go to the garrison, and when the garrison is full, the horse farm would stop producing horses.

Thank you for reading, I hope you consider it

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I see 2 possible minor problems here:

1: We already have stables for the cavalry unit
    2: We already have a carriage for the cannons

Of course you could try and combing those 2 for the faster travel goal. But how would you divide the carriages?
    like a permanent buff +25% ?
    Nevermind I give up

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you for reading!

Sorry didn't notice that horses already exist, just got my army, but that's besides the point. What I was trying to solve was that the units move too slowly from workstation to storehouse and back, and that a horse carriage might improve this. I think that a 35%-40% movement buff is sufficient. I think that the horses could just be used as a resource like any other combined with the carriage, like you suggested.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    1: We already have stables for the cavalry unit
    2: We already have a carriage for the cannons
    ironically because of the costs of the production chain and cannons being available as a reward from a nimber of adventures, carriages are currently completely useless.

I already proposed something like that in the past, figured out it can improve transportation time on higher levels.

It would be probably a good idea to add "equip with a carriage" button to every building, so that you can decide which ones transportation you want to upgrade (since the costs are pretty high).

About war horse - one way to look at it is that extra damage is not really needed as long as cavalry has no splash damage - they will kill weak units on one hit regardless if they do 10 or 20 damage, they will die to every units in game regardless of if they have 5 or 15 hp. The other way is, if you increase their damage and throw in veteran general, they might be kind of good vs light footmen, greatly decreasing losses while doing adventures and making the game even easier than it already is.

Reply to Thread