Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrades should give more yield

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland

Upgrades should give more yield

When you upgrade to level 5 it takes a full week. It'll take a full 4 weeks to regain your loss of production, since the buildings being upgraded don't produce. That may not be a problem with farms and cutters, since you usually have lot's of those, but for smelters and smiths it just isn't worth it. Not to mention the resources it takes to upgrade. If the upgrade would give +2 yield for level 4 and +3 yield for level 5, it would be better.

And while I'm on the subject upgrading mines is pretty useless too. My level 1 mines unbuffed delivers more than my upgraded smelters (notice the plural) can handle. If you don't have an enourmos amount of tools, that you can't get rid of by trading, there's no point in upgrading. If the mines would yield a little more ore instead of or in addition to increased production it would be more usefull. I'm a gemmer, so i could easily restock my mines with golden parrots and copper diviners, but I don't see the point when the other end of the production line is full. I'll get more worth for my money by having lot's of geo's.

World
    Northisle
    so that's explain why I always had short raw material when I do lot's of upgrades at the same time
    they didn't produce while upgrading, and when it done, I had too much surplus for it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    /bump

This should absoloutly get changed. I'm unsure why this thread got so minor attention. Taking an important building out of your production chain for a week is not acceptable. The Storages are still working during upgrades so should any other building...

Regards,

Bakushu

World
    Newfoundland
    It's your desision to take that important building offline for a week, so you need to make sure you have sufficient resources produced or being produced by other other buildings. You don't need BlueByte to hold your hand all the time.

Yes, I agree with Saraptheold. A level 5 building should have some form of extra benefit.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, I'm waiting for the move building feature. If you can move your level 5 mine to a new deposit it makes much more sense to upgrade them. Still the other buildings should have more more yield after level 4 and 5 or upgrade times should be shorter or better still, they should produce during upgrade time. I hit the upgrade button on my baracks by mistake when I had troops in training and that one still produced, I think, so it is possible.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    Well, I'm waiting for the move building feature. If you can move your level 5 mine to a new deposit it makes much more sense to upgrade them. Still the other buildings should have more more yield after level 4 and 5 or upgrade times should be shorter or better still, they should produce during upgrade time. I hit the upgrade button on my baracks by mistake when I had troops in training and that one still produced, I think, so it is possible.
    i wonder how much and what kind of goods (gold coins, gems, tools or whatever) this new "move building feature" will cost. cos at the end of the day it may not be worth the while.
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I consider this remark more as a tip: before you upgrade any building, be sure to cover for the loose of income. I am doing so now since I read this post.

Reply to Thread