Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Unless fixed, this will drive people away....

World
    Newfoundland
    ... the game does pause automatically if you don't log in. After 24 h.

I don't really see the problem here, and will definitely not leave because of it. As Qualan said, it's all about planning. In fact, this whole game is about planning, and balancing your economy. Once you've come far enough along in the game, the rebuilding of mines is less of a hassle, even without gems.
    Now remember kids, Mr Simpson is like a monkey. Fun to watch, but do not copy.
    / Ned Flanders

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Personally think it is a bit of a hassle rebuilding mines from scratch and finding deposit with geologist every 1/2 days. I think to the idea of adding up to the deposit we could add "transfer mine" option like garrison. Once deposit/mine is depleted you get mark over it its finished and you either top it up or find new deposit with geologist and than transfer mine to new deposit, without losing level on the mine.

In addition similar top up option would be nice for Wheat fields ;-)

Regards.

World
    Newfoundland
    vacation mode made simple:

put everithing to sleep, stop every single thing going on.

when you come back just re-estart where you left it. half an hour job.

planing is the key. moaning is not.
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

World
    Newfoundland
    Everything goes to sleep anyway if you're away for to long. 24 hours if I recall, and everything shuts itself off.

No need for a "vacation mode"
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Everything goes to sleep anyway if you're away for to long. 24 hours if I recall, and everything shuts itself off.

No need for a "vacation mode"
    so much the better
    but just inagine that the 24h didint exist, you go on holiday for 2 weeks, shut down all but the cutters, foresters, saws, and charcoal makers ( this lot no need to be monitore) and when you come back you have in your storage some 14k fir logs 14k fir planks 14 harwood logs, 14k harwood planks, 14 coal......come on that will be the cherry on top of any holyday
    ps
    and if you leave your long bow makers....14k bows waiting for you.....

what is the complaint about?
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have sign up

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianG View Post
    vacation mode made simple:

put everithing to sleep, stop every single thing going on.

when you come back just re-estart where you left it. half an hour job.

planing is the key. moaning is not.
    There's a difference between moaning and a suggestion. And in this case, its lost another player. After struggling to get all the various mines up and running again and failing (because I can't log in every 2 hours or so to re-task the geologist), I'm quitting. I sat over the 'buy now' button for another £25 of gems the other day and thought - what's the point, I'll only be here again in a few weeks anyway.

Planning is fine if you pop online every few hours to keep on top of things, but if you can only spare a hour or two a day, you simply can't keep on top of the mines before they start expiring again.

Its a great game, but sadly flawed and this particular flaw has cost it a paying player - the worst type for any online game to loose.

You may think I'm moaning and my point isn't valid - I would suggest that we play the game differently. Just because you're happy with how you play it - don't expect everyone to play it your way.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    If you can't log on before a level 3 mine runs out, you shouldn't be upgrading them to level 3. You are creating the problem that you are complaining there is no solution for. There is - don't create the problem in the first place.

A level 2 iron mine and level 2 coal mine will last more than 24h and the island will stop producing after 24h if you are offline, so they won't fail before you can attend to them. It doesn't matter if stone and marble runs out because you lose nothing, and copper is fast to replace even if you upgrade it high enough for it to run out between visits.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's easy enough to run your mines keeping within the building licences and not buying gems to top them up. Mine last a couple of days easy, all on level 1. There's not need to level them up to 3 and to do so knowing you won't be around is madness. Save the tools. I've run copper, iron and coal very simply and not levelled up a single mine or bought a top up.
    And I never knew about the going to sleep thing though I'm not sure about it because I was away for over 24 hours recently. the only things not working when I got back were the things I'd had a chance to pause.
    More informaiton on that would be good

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    The problem is that one the level I'm on, I need all the iron mines pumping out as much iron as they can to cope with demand from the rest of the industry. Yes I know the answer is to reduce consumption, but then it would take even longer to produce swords etc..

Perhaps I did create a rod for my own back, but otherwise the game just plays too slowly.

In any case, it doesn't address the fundamental issues - a) you don't get anything back when a mine gets exhausted and b) to restart multiple mines at once is simply way too time consuming.

Simply, until they do something to address this, I'm not logging on again. I have more important things to do in life than spend hours restarting mine production and waiting for resources to amass before I can build some of the higher level structures.

Reply to Thread