Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: [Event] Post your entry to the Spring Flower Festival here

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I am not saying uNoN won just because Wetterd is a mod.

I am saying that the vast majority of mods would not even consider entering a contest like this in a million years.

They would want to protect the community's perception of the integrity of the game.

For this reason, it is very rare to find someone associated with the administration of an organisation to involve themselves in a contest.

They would not want to risk winning, only to find that the organisation's reputation was damaged through speculation about whether the judging process was fair.

Speculation we are seeing in this thread.

Therefore it is my opinion that for a mod to enter this contest is self serving at best, and doesn't reflect well on the selfless majority.
    The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom. - Sun Tzu

World
    Northisle
    Xavierbane I agree with you about people`s perception. I think that some of you dont clearly understand what "MOD" means. Wetterd just look after global chats and mute or ban people who show unapropriate behavior. Thats all! There is another team BB or Developpers of Settler Online. BB team was responsible for choosing the winner and MOD team is not connected with BB people at all. They even dont know each other. And I cant understand how person who is simple player as wel all are can influence the decision of developers team... And as the proof of my thoughts are the screenshots where I didnt see any serious competitors apart from Heroes of Valhalla. I dont force you to think like me. its discussion.
    Last edited by JohnnyVonRoe; 07.04.12 at 08:18.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavierbane View Post

I am saying that the vast majority of mods would not even consider entering a contest like this in a million years.

They would want to protect the community's perception of the integrity of the game.

For this reason, it is very rare to find someone associated with the administration of an organisation to involve themselves in a contest.

They would not want to risk winning, only to find that the organisation's reputation was damaged through speculation about whether the judging process was fair.

Therefore it is my opinion that for a mod to enter this contest is self serving at best, and doesn't reflect well on the selfless majority.
    mods had no vote in the outcome of this contest

this was done within the company itself, which i'm not part of.

World
    Northisle
    Congratulations for all the winners

to me,I thinks Our "town" "heroes of valhalla" is beautiful, playful, and yesssss that is awesome
    (heck yeh lotta Gems & lotta of blesses) but guess its not meet requirment or concept with whatever reason is.

This "Flower decoration festival"contest is end up like.. hrm ..? not so impressive nor fun or harmony as it suppose to be the main concepts.
    (the only fun part mostlly when we decorating city and think how to make it look best and i hope all have fun as much as I am)

its not all about result, but its how you do and run it.
    Hope we can do this better next time BB_Azariel

Cheers

World
    Newfoundland
    Seriously people... I'm really disappointed by the reactions here.
    There were some really excellent entries, and the decision was made by me and 5 other people in the office. It was a subjective decision and this is the result. Yes we took into account the way the towns were arranged and this is the one that got the most votes.

No one in the office even knew that a MOD was part of this guild, so I really don't see why this would make any difference (I even told one of the guys in the office he would not be allowed to vote as he was part of one of the guilds who competed).
    I think the event went well all in all... Just sad to see so many bad losers and people pretending not to be bad losers but still complaining about the result of a completely subjective decision.

Oh well...
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

World
    Northisle
    I think they talk what they feel and think. and you should not at all call them loser really

and fact is The company run game and customer happy or unhappy, u have to listen to them. either u like it or not

I personaly dont have problem with result. siince i think our town is pretty hot anywayz lol

dont be so upset yes
    Last edited by EvilBeauty; 07.04.12 at 13:05.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Wetterd View Post

mods had no vote in the outcome of this contest

this was done within the company itself, which i'm not part of.
    Did you read the first line of my post that you quoted?

Honestly, if you didn't quote my post I wouldn't even realise that you were talking to me.

Similar sentiments to your guild leader.

Anyway, it is interesting to note that:
    • Wetterd didn't enter his own town himself
    • JohnnyVonRoe neglected to mention that it was not his own town he was entering, as others did
    • Wetterd removed his friends list during the contest
    • No one in uNoN mentioned that he was entering

An unbiased observer might almost draw the conclusion you didn't want anyone to know.

No doubt you will explain those things away but I suppose people will make up their own minds.
    Last edited by Xavierbane; 07.04.12 at 15:39.
    The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom. - Sun Tzu

World
    Northisle
    It then becomes interesting to note that:
    • Wetterd didn't enter his own town himself
    • JohnnyVonRoe neglected to mention that it was not his own town he was entering, as others did
    • Wetterd removed his friends list during the contest
    • No one in uNoN mentioned that he was entering
    1. It's a guild event, any1 of uNoN's members may post it.
    2. It's a guild event, any1 of uNoN's members may post it.
    3. as alot of guilds did, we were planning to post it on the last moment, so other guilds would have no time to copy our ideas. I deleted my friendlist for thesame reason.

now please stop this discussion, you are making yourself look like a bad loser.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    Seriously people... I'm really disappointed by the reactions here.
    There were some really excellent entries, and the decision was made by me and 5 other people in the office. It was a subjective decision and this is the result. Yes we took into account the way the towns were arranged and this is the one that got the most votes.

No one in the office even knew that a MOD was part of this guild, so I really don't see why this would make any difference (I even told one of the guys in the office he would not be allowed to vote as he was part of one of the guilds who competed).
    I think the event went well all in all... Just sad to see so many bad losers and people pretending not to be bad losers but still complaining about the result of a completely subjective decision.

Oh well...
    BB_Azariel
    Ohooh the whiners made you work on saterday... so sad. Suggest you lock this now.
    Nevermind I give up

Closed Thread