Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

PvP

PVP:

Player versus Player will be a complex feature, because it will consist of many new aspects and demands intense tests and good balancing. The current combat system has to be modified in order to fit the needs of PVP as well. We plan to offer fight based PVP and economic PVP as well to come up to different preferences. PVP may include islands with luxury goods as well.

I suggest that the PvP here will be like in Spore, where you can conquer using three methods. You can use military (brute force, pretty self explanatory), or you can use economic, which through diplomatic negotiations you can buy out buildings or the other players industries, and religious power, where you would build a church, and get a priest to convert his building's, armies, ect.

World
    Newfoundland
    I suggest that we wait and see what BlueByte give us.
    It could be something completely different to any other game and make Settlers online unique.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    But this is only a suggestion.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I suggest a big BIG (really BIG) opt-out button

Humm, beter idea.. Lets have an Opt-In button, which is really really small and ask you to confirm three times also you have an cooldown period of lets say a week and you need confirm it by email. Put that tiny button somewhere in your preferences, also.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with Mystic and make sure the Opt-In button is set in the off position permanently. The best place for it would be in the log in window, cause no one reads it.

Why people under lvl 20 want to engage in attacking others is beyond me . . .

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I know this is a beta but the whole idea of an online game like this is interaction so i expect PvP at some level

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    exactly. And you could still make it enjoyable for everyone by keeping the 'home island' safe no matter what happens

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    its going to change to PvP???really???

Reply to Thread