Closed Thread

Thread: Helping guildmembers by buffing and cheap in guild trades.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Helping guildmembers by buffing and cheap in guild trades.

It came under my attention we can be banned from the game for doing cheap trades to guild members if we got a surplus of goods in our storages.

In our guild we help eachother in need with cheap trades. Sometimes even with 10k fisk for less then 50 logs or something else.

Some of us even got a buffbuddy to swap buffs every day. Now I heave read something about writing a letter every time I sent a cheap trade to 1 of my fellow guild members.

I am not gonna do that. So if you see a trade of plenty for 1 log or 1 fish it will be with one of my guildmembers. All guildmembers are in my guild list. So if the tools of BB notice big one way trades for few goods it will be with 1 of the members in the guildlist.

A TSOaddicts member

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree here. I try to help out guild members and friends with excess goods if and when I can. I don't see any need of explaining those actions to the BB's.

If BB sees it fit to ban me for that, than so be it. It will undermine the whole idea of guild membership and the advantages that come with it.

Gany62

World
    Northisle
    you can get banned from cheap trade?
    I don't get it, can someone elaborate please

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Here is the Explenation of a moderator when one of our biggest members got banned:

Firstly, there were multiple accounts accessing the game from the same IP address. There is a post on the forums advising that if you are going to have family members accessing the game from the same internet connection, you must notify support - they will then flag the accounts as such.

Secondly, there were frequent one-sided trades which are known as "pushing". BlueByte have tools which detect this to prevent single players gaining an advantage by running "farming" accounts - those which they run as a resource provider for their main account. When players help other players and send lots stacks of resources in return for 1 fish or 1 wood for example, these trades are flagged up by the tools. Unfortunately, innocent trades can also look like pushing - this also applies to buffing. These tools were triggered by Jason's trading activity.

To prevent you from falling foul of either of these two detection tools, please make sure that you contact support if more than one person connects to TSO on your internet connection, and also that if you send large amounts of resources either as a prize or to help a fellow guild member, that you send a mail to them explaining what the resources are for. In the event that the tools pick up your trading, you may then refer BB to the emails and any action taken will be reversed immediately.

I hope this helps to explain what is often a "grey area" of the rules.

Thanks,

Lotak

World
    Northisle
    Its not intended to police the guild help as stated above (from what i understood)
    It's there to stop people from bringing in a friend and then showering enormous amounts of resources on them to boost them into a high lvl/great isle.
    No cheating in other words.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Lol, helping friends is a part of the game... is not cheating. If you do not have friends deal with it by yourself, but for me it seems realistic that the more powerful friends you have the more powerful you are.

World
    Newfoundland
    AlienP,

We have always been very clear on this point: when sharing an IP address players must warn Support. If you do not, and considering all the info we found related to this IP, we will ban the player.

Moreover, this is not the place for complaining about moderation. Please address your complaint to support where we can actually do something about it.

Closing this thread.

BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Closed Thread